Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Abu Zakariyah

Tis So Expensive

:D

ah i just did an inventory for the books i will need, 2 books which will cost me £80 (and i like only need 2 or 3 chapaters from the book) :D

yikes i didnt no uni was this expensive. how much did you uni books cost you for the first year?

PropellerAds

What are you going to study?

It cost me ~250 quid.

:D woh what are you studying medicine?

I think you can photocopy about 10% of a book. Have you tried the library?

What about those who finished the 1s year/graduates?

Also see if you are elligible for a bursary/grant from the Uni. I was elligble but never knew about it. I could have got £2-3000.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.abebooks(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.abebooks(contact admin if its a beneficial link)[/url]

Engineering books are very expensive.. for me each book is $145.. i'm not surprised.. anyhoo.. used the site above and i saved over 77% (including shipping)!

I ordered 3 books for my courses, which if i'd bought here would cost me ~$400.. but i paid only $79 for all 3 (including shipping)!

Yeah, uni is rather expensive. :D

Cost my sister more than 200 quid.

Edited by Arwa

Yeah, big wad of money, mind you i would think its more worth spending it on books, knowledge is priceless afterall.

Bro perhaps you'll use the book for more than one semester?

In Canada BioChem/Sciences cost around $600-800(cndn) per semester, but sometimes you end up using the same texts (further chapters) in the next semester.

and then $2600 per semester for tuition.

Thats about US $170, innit? Costs about the same here. :D Although a lot of the time here you don't use the books more than once.. At least my siblings never did in most classes. :D

Yeah, I was gonna suggest the same site as bro Hasib.

Also www.half(contact admin if its a beneficial link) is pretty good.. :D

I suspect in some cases, books are recommended to boost sales at the uni's book store.

In the first lecture, the tutor recommends "The useless theorising of some topic" to his students.

90 minutes later, some 200 students que outside the bookstore to buy "The useless theorising of some topic" = £7,000

Nicely sold!

Medicine is soo expensive... :D

You should really check out the librarys first and talk to older yr ppl, so you buy good books and not waste money.

No need to buy books. Seriously. More often than not, lecture notes suffice. Any book you do need can be rented from the library, any fine incurred from keeping the book for longer than neccesary will be a fraction of the cost it would have been to buy the book in the first place.

I bought books in the first sememster of my first year at uni, utter waste of money. I have seen no discernable difference in grades between those who purchased books and those who didnt. Unless your studying medicine, there is no need.

About £200 for 1st year. £65 this year, so far.....

Good advice from sis Lost 4eva about asking ppl in higher years about which books they recommend.

No need to buy books. Seriously. More often than not, lecture notes suffice. Any book you do need can be rented from the library, any fine incurred from keeping the book for longer than neccesary will be a fraction of the cost it would have been to buy the book in the first place.

I bought books in the first sememster of my first year at uni, utter waste of money. I have seen no discernable difference in grades between those who purchased books and those who didnt. Unless your studying medicine, there is no need.

I will never see books as an utter waste of money, they are a source of knowledge. Its always good to keep these books for future reference and they do contain info that are not in your lecture notes.

here you can buy used books, which are like half the price or less... still expensive... but much better... most of all when you only need the book for a short while...

Try making friends with some guy and ask to borrow his book :D lol

to go to college (uni) it costs so much more here then the uk... at least thats what it seems from what this one guys told me

Allahu alam

yeh your probly right about being more expensive to study in US, anyway i bought a book today i thought about it and i think i should have it as its somthing that i will have to look at alot of the time (anatomy).

iA i'm gonna take your lots advice on the other books will check out libary etc :D

Which anatomy book did you get?

Which anatomy book did you get?

Grays anatomy for students

very nice book

Slave use (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.abebooks(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.abebooks(contact admin if its a beneficial link)[/url]

and #2 > just xerox the chapters you need if its only 2-3 chapters man :D

Grays anatomy for students

very nice book

Loq! :D Thought so! Its a really nice book :D

Brother slave are you doing medicine? Or something in bio?

Yeh the lady who wrote that book is in our uni!! :D She's a professor there...

Haven't checked out the book yet, but will do inshallah!