Islamic Forum
crystal_sword

Earthquake In England ?

:sl: dear muslims

Appears to be Earthquake that just happened here for about 5-10 seconds. apparently 4.9 on the Richter Scale..

at UNI in Leicester at the moment, felt the room shaking and was confused. Earthquakes happen here rarely if ever.. My first... was a tad Shaken (pun intended).

:sl:

PropellerAds

Assalamu Alaikum, May Allah protect us all, Yes it is very shocking and scary, I have witnessed 4 earth quakes and understand what you mean.

We were taught in school that if you are in the midst of an earthquake, sit under a Table or stand in the main door. I mean these are safety measures, but our Main Protector ir Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala.

Salaams.

It happened around 1am and I hadn't been asleep for long, I first thought it was big truck going past then I realised, no this is more than that.. I felt really scared. I agree with Dear UmAhmad about it being a wake up call to us. We should try our best to please Allah and remember our lives and all that is in them are in HIS Subhana wa ta'ala hands.

I wished I would of prayed more last night after it happened. :sl:

Alhamdulilah we are ok many others in the world are not so, we should be grateful for all what we have. Allah Subhana wa ta'ala is sooooooooooooooooo merciful to us.

OmG sis Tamarbutah you are sooo right!!! Allah was so Merciful to us that it wasn't a very bad earthquake, compared to worse quakes occurring in other parts of the world. Just a tremor that lasted 2-5 seconds. Here in Birmingham, we felt the tremor for about 2 seconds. It came out of the blue, no one expected it. Woke the whole neighborhood up, within a minute everyone turned on their lights.

:no:

Here in Birmingham, we felt the tremor for about 2 seconds.

:j:

lol sis you were asleep thats why.it actually lasted about 20 seconds. Measured 4.7 on the richter scale, just like the one we had a few years ago..:sl:

I was just reading about earthquakes earlier yesterday too..How very odd and ironic. :sl: :|

20 seconds :sl: Subhaan Allah!!! According to the sky news report, a few houses were damaged although not so badly (crack on walls etc)

Assalamu Alaikum, May Allah protect us all, Yes it is very shocking and scary, I have witnessed 4 earth quakes and understand what you mean.

We were taught in school that if you are in the midst of an earthquake, sit under a Table or stand in the main door. I mean these are safety measures, but our Main Protector ir Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala.

Salaams.

If I go sit under the table might be dangerous lol we have glass table. :sl:

Subhanallah i was telling my partner few weeks ago that nearly every country has had a natural disater, this country is doing much haram and very soon we will face a punishment and like all punishment sent to us even the good folks will be caught up in it.

May Allah take our souls only in a state of emaan.

I was just reading about earthquakes earlier yesterday too..How very odd and ironic.

lol and i was teaching my brother how earth quakes happen lol strange.

we should be grateful for all what we have. Allah Subhana wa ta'ala is sooooooooooooooooo merciful to us.

Yes, but from the sunnah of Allah warnings are sometimes given before a large 1

Assalam Alaikum

I hope our brothers and sisters are alright in UK..

May Allah swt protect you all in the UK.. ameen

May Allah swt guide us all on the right path.. ameen

salam alekum

happend here in" palestine" an earthquake befor several days..but alhumdulleh it was weak

May Allah swt protect all brothers and sisters here

Edited by alaqad

^ It started in Lebanon (south) you felt it too? Or did you have one of your own because I didn't hear about it in the news.

Alhamdulilah brothers and sisters you are ok.

slam

i was walking so i didnt felt..,but many Who was sitting felt it :sl:

æ Úáíßã ÇáÓáÇã

Guest amani

i didnt feel anything although i was up but others in town did.

so many earthquakes these days

Here's the article:

[iframe]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/7266136.stm[i'm not allowed to use this tag yet]

Brother alaqad, I hope the brothers and sisters in your area are fine Inshaa Allah.

:no:

i was walking so i didnt felt..,but many Who was sitting felt it

No I heard my mom shouting earth quake! I’m like what earth quake? :sl: she say look at the ceiling lamp! I see it rocking back and forth :sl:

Thanks sis Aamina

Brother alaqad, I hope the brothers and sisters in your area are fine Inshaa Allah

thank u sister.

.i hope one day we will live in peace....just yesterday 12 palestinians killed among them 3 kids

May Allah accepted our Martyrs

so many earthquakes these days

yeh right sister amani ... i think in last few months earthquake happend 3 time.. :sl: .......

No I heard my mom shouting earth quake! I’m like what earth quake? she say look at the ceiling lamp! I see it rocking back and forth

ur mom realised the earthquake befor u mashAllah...may Allah bless ur mom sister Zeinab :no:

may Allah protects all brothers and sisters here[using large font size is not allowed]

Edited by Aamina
typo

Assalamualikum

My sister and brother were up that night and they didn't know what was happening, things were moving in the house including my cat who fell off the bed (poor thing). I was asleep so didn't know we had an Earthquake...a bit shocked, may Allah forgive and guide us.