Islamic Forum
iftikharalam

Islam in Pakistan

:D

What are population stats?

How many muslims are there in pak?

Yeah I know what you are saying Lateralus63,some paki muslims...may Allah give them Hidayah

Wassalam

PropellerAds

Well like i said in a post on another topic, Pakistan is 88% Muslim. The exact numbers elude me at the moment.

Salaam

You are out of line by about ten percent, Pakistan is 98% muslim, 2% are non-muslims, with hindu's in sindh region, parsi's, kadiani's, and christians. The current population of pakistan is 160 million, more than india which stands at about (at maximum) according to stats, 150 million.

Assalamu alaikum

Brother Imran Akhter, are you sure ? i find 98% highly improbable, could you please show us where you got this info from ?

asalamu alaikum

dont mess with these figures but i assure you these are correct...

Muslim 97% (Sunni 77%, Shi'a 20%), Christian, Hindu, and other 3%

Punjabi 48%, Sindhi 12%, Siraiki (a Punjabi variant) 10%, Pashtu 8%, Urdu (official) 8%, Balochi 3%, Hindko 2%, Brahui 1%, English (official and lingua franca of Pakistani elite and most government ministries), Burushaski, and other 8%

want to know anything else about pakistan...? anything like about the country...

i mean with a 97% Muslim population, what are pubs and bars and mass opioum production doing in the country... i bet the remaining 3% control all this dont they... hehe

i moved to pakistan from london for two years, and i cant find faith anywhere,

i guess it is about where u live.. i live in Karachi, sindh

Assalaam Aleekum

I moved to Khi 8 months ago from Umreeka, I couldn't find faith any where.

Take Care

unfortunately, Karachi is full of racist people who vote for Pure secular racist party MQM, But it is good to know that MMA 4 seats from karachi and they also dicrease the vote bank of MQM in karachi. My family always gave their votes to MQM but this time most of my family members didn't vote, some vote for MQM and some vote for MMA.

Insha Allah, in next elections, MQM will  be gone.

Assalam Aleekum

Please, don't generalize or stereotype the entire city. So there are 15million people in Karachi. How many voted for MQM. And how many decided not to

vote for anybody. You also have to realize the ignorance level in some parts of

the city.

As for MMA, Its lesser of the two evils. If you have a close look at the

all the parties in this alliance you will understand what I am trying to say.

They are not true Islamic parties. They are first political than Islamic.

And It doesn't work that way.

Take Care

yeah, MMA disappoint me in some issues but they are still better than rest.

and I live in karachi, and i know attitude of this city's people, MQM and muhajir racism has deep roots here.

yeah, MMA disappoint me in some issues but they are still better than rest.

and I live in karachi, and i know attitude of this city's people, MQM and muhajir racism has deep roots here.

Assalam Aleekum

Yes, MMA is better than the rest.

As for racism I think Muhajir racism is there but support for MQM has declined.

Take Care

Edited by shamil5

I have met some muslims from pakistan in saudiarabia,and I find that some of them are real good muslims..MashaAllah.And I really envy them for being able to live in an all muslim environment.

recently Dr.Israr Ahmed from Pakistan had come to India,I had attended his lectures and SubhanAllah he radiated eeman.With ppl like him in Pakistan ,I think there is still hope.InshaAllah

:D for all the info. InshAllah in a couple of years I will move to Pakistan for a while - just to see if I like it there enough to live. I was born and brought up in London - but have visited Pakistan over 20 times on holiday. MashAllah many people I have met there have warmth in their hearts and I personally have felt my imaan strengthen just by being in the presence of so many muslims.

Of course there are problems there, just like every other country - but for me, the essence is being surrounded by muslims - some parts of society may need encouragement to get closer to the Deen of Allah subhanahu wa'tala - but perhaps it is our duty as Overseas Pakistanis who mashAllah want to become better muslims, to go back to Pakistan and show people there that we are willing to give up life in the West purely to be surrounded by muslims.

I would be interested to hear from more brothers/sisters who have moved, or are considering a move to Pakistan to express their views about leading an Islamic life in Pakistan. I personally want to get married there, and bring up a family there - because I do not feel it wise to bring up children in the UK - with all the fitnah here.

If I find Pakistan is not my cup of tea, I may inshAllah try other countries in the East. What do you all think? A good place to bring up an Islamic family?

Edited by Anj

Brother Anj,

I was born in Pakistan but raised in the UK and have decided to take some steps towards moving back. Noticed a job vacancy on the net that I will be applying for :D and take it from there. I've already e-mailed a government department to ask if they offer any assistance to Pakistanis living aborad but want to return. Waiting for a response.....

MashAllah akhi - good for you. May Allah subhanahu Wa'Tala give you every success in your move to Pakistan. Please keep us informed on how you get on.

I have recently applied for my NICOP (Overseas Pakistani ID card) and should be getting that soon.

Let us know how you find the job market out there, and whether you feel your imaan strenghten during/after your move.

Do any of you know anyhting abt the Jamaat-i-islami?

I've heard that its active in Pakistan.

I personally want to get married there, and bring up a family there - because I do not feel it wise to bring up children in the UK - with all the fitnah here.

I was born in Pakistan but raised in the UK and have decided to take some steps towards moving back.

yeh i think ur life will be much better living in pakistan than in england. i've visited back home many times and the people there are much better and the kids are far more Islamic. it makes u sad to see so many muslim kids in britain that have taken up the values of the West and see Islam as just another religion. :D

MashaAllah, great to see this. InshaAllah I plan to return to Pakistan once I get done with my studies. Have no long term goal of working in canada.

Assalam-u-alikum

i want people to start posting here again soo...

Militarily Pakistan is the STRONGEST MUSLIM country in the world.

If only a good Allah loving and fearing leader would come and take control.

Wasalam

I wonder pakistan how place is. I heard only Pervez muserref from there. He was trained in our army's school. Turks love pakistan' people and we think pakistan as our friend country.....

Do any of you know anyhting abt the Jamaat-i-islami?

I've heard that its active in Pakistan.

Yes, it was active, but not that much since Busharaf came. It is more political than "Islami."

Alhumdulilah, the good thing is that they encourage seeking ilm and implementing it, and don't stick to just one book. They do not sugar coat this deen, and they have never forgotten about kashmir.

As for moving there, it depends because the amount of practicing muslims varies from place to place. Big cities have some practicing ones, but also a lot of modernism. Northern Pakistan might be better.

Basically avoid any loaded-with-shirk cities like some in Punjab and Sindh where not everyone is upon the Sunnah, and many who claim that worship the graves of "saints."

Asalamo-alaikum!

I m quite dissapoointed with the talks going on here about my country …..

Good and bad people are every where so is in pakistan,,,,,

Some days back I read a news abt the wine factories found in saudiarabia,,,,

By saying this ,,I m not saying that bars and bubs and others bad stuff are legal andd halal for pakistan,,,,but with good things,,there is bad things also,,,,,

Pakistanis have been engaged in a quest to discover what it means to be a Pakistani, and to be a Muslim. In a country as diverse as Pakistan, this has yielded various interpretations over the years.Islam in Pakistan is seen as the founding and unifying ideology of the nation.so many muslims youngsters of pakistan both guys and girls are taking so much interest in religon,,thats why u can see people all walk of lives in ijtimas,,especially tableeghi jamat and dawaat-e-isami quite popular here .

corruption is one of the biggest problem pakistan is facing,,,and i will balme the ploitical parties for this,,,all political leaders are same...even MMA is also bit like them....

while talking abt my city karachi,,do remember,,The port city of Karachi is

Pakistan’s largest city and commercial heart, a big, busy metropolis with a hectic mix of

ethnic and sectarian communities from all over the country and some foriegners also lived their plosish,thai and indians and bangladeshi,chinese etc , including a large number of

rootless elements who have migrated there in search of jobs.

karachi is a home of most modern people with most religous people..and middle lot also there,,,not only karachi,,happen to be correct for other big cities also,,,

some link can give u more idea abt Islam in pakistan ,,,

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/3211131.stm"]link 1[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_content-usa.cricinfo(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/pakistan/content/story/219991.html"]link 2[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4711003.stm"]link 3[/url]

but with all these things ,,,there are so many bad things in pakistan also,,but it is not good to make fun of it,,,,abt khilafah ,,,Allah knows better.

sorry,,i am a little angry while posting this post,,,so forgive me,,,no offence intended,,,

well, I know one thing, that most of the people in arachi are idiots that is why MQM is now in power instead of jammat e Islami,. namutallah did great work,but this ignorant, racist, nationalist, fools and idiots give their votes to MQM. I really want to kick all of the people who vote for MQM.

well, I know one thing, that most of the people in arachi are idiots that is why MQM is now in power instead of jammat e Islami,. namutallah did great work,but this ignorant, racist, nationalist, fools and idiots give their votes to MQM. I really want to kick all of the people who vote for MQM.

well,not most of the karachiites are idots,,,this time in loca elections,l voters turn in karachi is quite low...app 22% or 33 %,,,,,,so less ppl vote to MQM this time,,,very much agree whatever u said abt MQM,,,but they won because of ,,we know,,,

yeah,,NAImat ullah did work well...

I wonder pakistan how place is. I heard only Pervez muserref from there. He was trained in our army's school. Turks love pakistan' people and we think pakistan as our friend country.....

pakistan is a good country with great people...pakistanis also love turk people and we also consider turkey as one of our good friend...

A great website to learn about the Muslim history in the sub-continent, their struggle for the establishment of a homeland where they can live according to Islamic Shari'ah.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_nazariapak.info/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_nazariapak.info/[/url]

Enjoy....