Islamic Forum
iftikharalam

Islam in Pakistan

:D

well,not most of the karachiites are idots,,,this time in loca elections,l voters turn in karachi is quite low...app 22% or 33 %,,,,,,so less ppl vote to MQM this time,,,very much agree whatever u said abt MQM,,,but they won because of ,,we know,,,

yeah,,NAImat ullah did work well...

yeah right, but the people who stop voting for MQM are now sitting in homes, not voting for jamat e Islami giving MQM chance of winning.

PropellerAds

asalamo-alaikum!

replying this post after a long time,,actually i just don'y know what to say on this MQM and jamat-e-islami,,,both are same but i agree jamat is bit better than mqm,,,,,

i realy like Imran khan,,,he can become a good and just leader of pakistan,,but how will he become this is the biggest question,,,and brother,,,how abt the role pakistan forces is playing in earthquake effected areas...???

well, I know one thing, that most of the people in arachi are idiots that is why MQM is now in power instead of jammat e Islami,. namutallah did great work,but this ignorant, racist, nationalist, fools and idiots give their votes to MQM. I really want to kick all of the people who vote for MQM.

Do you know who created MQM, and why?

Do you know why MQM immediately became popular?

Do you know why MQM came to power in the last elections?

Answers to these questions give an insight into a lot of what happened in Pakistan.

It is not ignorance, racism and nationalism. It is abuse of a people by those in power.

Wassalam

Do any of you know anyhting abt the Jamaat-i-islami?

I've heard that its active in Pakistan.

Jama'at has different people performing different responsibilities.

There is a political wing, that is trying (and failing) to bring good governance to the country.

There is a religious wing that is trying to improve awareness of the deen. There are halaqas all over the country. They have a course every Ramadhan where the attendees devote full time to read and understand the Tafheem.

There is a charity wing that collects charity (zakat and sadaqat) from people and put it to best use. They are the most trust-worthy of all such organisations.

Wassaalam

What do you people say about Dr. Israr???

He really is wroking for kilafat in Pakistan.

w/salaam

What do you people say about Dr. Israr???

He really is wroking for kilafat in Pakistan.

w/salaam

Dr. Israr Ahmed is an able scholar. His knowledge is excellent, and his thinking very clear. I did not know he is working for khilafat, as his speech is never on political lines.

Dr. Farhat Hashmi is another excellent scholar who is doing a lot of work amongst the women.

Wassalam

Asalamo-Alaikum!

brother abrafay,,u described all the stuff realy well,,,thanx for that....

Dr.israr and Dr.farhat is doing great work here ,,,quran academy of Dr.israr and al-hudda academy of dr.farhat doing great work all over pakistan,,, and tableeghi jamat is also trying to improve awareness of deen.

brother listen to his lectures on Kilafa if you understand urdu. there are many on kilafa. I actually have listened to a lot of them. I think he is a very learned man. Dr Farhat Hashmi is also a very learned lady.

w/salaam

asalam alikum,

www.tanzeem(contact admin if its a beneficial link) if u need any leactures of israr ahmed

www.alhudapk(contact admin if its a beneficial link) if u need lectures of farhat hashmi

The two scholars mentioned above are doing a lot to spread knowledge. Jama'at-e-Islami does it also in a different format, by giving duroos and conducting classes to understand and implement Qur'an. Tableeghi Jama'at is bringing people to prayers, but the knowledge they impart is from books written by their founder and his students. They do not spread knowldege from the Qur'an and Sunnah, as such. This I believe is a major weakness in their system.

Wassalam

Too many sects in pakistan!

Are there people trying to do something about it!

and especially the graves and shrines are numerous there and business!

w/salaam

Too many sects in pakistan!

Are there people trying to do something about it!

and especially the graves and shrines are numerous there and business!

w/salaam

Assalaam O Alaikum.

Brother i hav lived all my life in pakistan and i know for sure that its not the public who are sunnis or shias... its our so called religious leaders who are responsible for all that.. they use us or i wud say misuse us to keep theirbusiness running.. if they want to solve this problem.. its only matter of days for them..

Assalaam O Alaikum.

Brother i hav lived all my life in pakistan and i know for sure that its not the public who are sunnis or shias... its our so called religious leaders who are responsible for all that.. they use us or i wud say misuse us to keep theirbusiness running.. if they want to solve this problem.. its only matter of days for them..

I agree....

but for the shrines and grave thing, well it is the public who go there.... :D

w/salaam

Assalaam O Alaikum.

I do not think it is right to put all the blame on the religious leaders. The sects were not created bythe existing Ulema. They were created long time back, and it is the ignorant public that keeps following what they are told. It is each individual person's responsibility to seek knowledge.

Wassalam

I do not think it is right to put all the blame on the religious leaders. The sects were not created bythe existing Ulema. They were created long time back, and it is the ignorant public that keeps following what they are told. It is each individual person's responsibility to seek knowledge.

Wassalam

i know it would sound strange but i do agree with you too bro.. [ :D ]

[there is an explaination if you noticed why it would be strange.... :D ]

w/salaam

The two scholars mentioned above are doing a lot to spread knowledge. Jama'at-e-Islami does it also in a different format, by giving duroos and conducting classes to understand and implement Qur'an. Tableeghi Jama'at is bringing people to prayers, but the knowledge they impart is from books written by their founder and his students. They do not spread knowldege from the Qur'an and Sunnah, as such. This I believe is a major weakness in their system.

Wassalam

salaamualaikum:

i wish to express my feelings here about:

1.Islam in pakistan

2.tableeghi jamaat

pakistan is 'an Islamic republic'..>90% people claim the faith of Islam(nearly 144miliion muslims)of those 144million (more than

95% of them) believe that Islam means "K.A.E.N.J"..; 'Khatnay'(circumcision),'Aqeeqa'(muslim cheristening of a new born celebrated with a reception/MEALS ..meant for the poor to be fed but in pakistan it is taken to mean the family) 'Eid' the muslim celebration at the end of ramazaan(fasting month) celebrated by all, only a few of which have 'fasted' during the month'http://http://nikah.com/partner.php?adbanner=32t6k0e(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/partner.php?adbanner=32t6k0e'(which is preceded by hoards of unislamic,hindu rituals, and followed by lavish meals served to the rich,in manners totally repungent to sunnah) and ofcourse 'Janaaza'(the Islamic burial,which too is preceded and followed by multiple hindu rituals, which if not followed would,pakis believe, harm the departed soul)..besides "K.A.E.N.J"..the other "Islam paki-style" customs rampant in paki society are:

1."competing for material wealth,and display thereof" this is the major goal of almost every paki family ,and everything and anything that stands in the way of acheiving this goal is considered a 'plague'.

2. pretentions, lies, deceptions,sarcastic lingo, chikenry,cheating,blaming,back

iting,vindicating, are the principal TOOLS for acheiving the material superiority(mental peace) that the nation persues,relative to each other.

3. tha basic moral values are two in number:

(i) respect/honor/reverance is for anyone who can be harmful, dont waste it on the harmless.

(ii) best way of fighting immorality is to exceed it.

the hadeeth of Rsulullah that comes to mind when one lives in the paki society..(and that is true of all muslim societies i have been to...and i have been married into arab,paki,turk-uzbek cultures...and been to afghanistan and south east asian countries)"i do not fear that my ummah will worship idols, but i do fear that my ummah will take 'gold/wealth' as their god".

the principal grief the nation suffers from , is.,"why was my grand dad or his dad not a caucasian".

now about the tableeghi jamaat:

your comment of them not preaching from the quran and sunnah is either due to your lack of knowledge or probably because you have something personal against some paki-tableeghi who hurt you in a personal way.and this is usual, coz it is pakis of the 21st century that go with the jamaat,and before their insides have even changed 'priorities' their exterior displays the entire 'dress-code' of the suhaabaa..only with the difference of 'starch' which the suhaabaa never used.

whatever the reason, you are wrong if you think the jamaat is not preaching from quran and sunnah.

The principle the jamaat follows is :

"ALL FITNAS AMONG THE MUSLIM UMMAH AROSE FROM MISINTERPRETATION OF QURAN AND SUNNAH...all misinterpretations were caused by 'people focused on worldly gains, using Islam as a tool'..

so the way of curing that sickness of focus(the focus of a claimant to Islam must be on the original life hereafter) is to train the verbal claimants to become practical followers of thier own verbal claims...if "laa ilaaha ilallah muhammadurrasulullah" is the claim then the faith+practice ought to be "no harm or benefit can come from any created entity but comes from Allah only,and the messenger brought a COMPLETE code for living and showed us how to do whatever we need to...i.e., his methods are the only methods leading to Allah's saitisfaction.

all problems arose in the ummah when people decided they knew better and devised new methods for dealing with human problems..(human problems=old problems).

so the tableeghi jamaat works on strenghthening the imaan of the ummah...once the faith is being practiced by an individual,that individual will not resort to telling lies,cheating,backbiting,compe

ing for matter,misinterpreting Islam,saying/doing/dressing for others except Allah.....and once there is a nation, a group of people who have that imaan..the khilafat and whatever will ofcourse follow..after all in the QURAN..the rule is "if you 'practice' faith, i shall give you khilafaa".

also the suhaabaa said "we first learned imaan/faith and then we learned the Quran".

and Allah is my witness that i meant no offence...i actually meant to give my own diagnosis for whatever is the cause for the believers in Allah, the kissers of the black stone of Kaa'ba, being subjects/slaves to the believers in multiple gods and kissers of dogs.

the reason is singular, the paki muslims prefer the life styles,dress styles, moral values, fashions, of the dog kissers...and as Allah has said in the Quran" i grant you whatever you wish for'

and the only cure is through "sunnah"...the umaah has no choice,by Devine Decree, but to fall in love with the Sunnah,practice it and preach it through their practice...not words.

salaamu alaikum.

the principal grief the nation suffers from , is.,"why was my grand dad or his dad not a caucasian".

I wouldn't, i am more then happy to be of the race/linage that i am, and i think for others as well.... [only the insecure want that...]

and bro, i think we should work first on the basic Aqeedah [tawheed should be worked on first], and then move to other things. I mean that is what Mohammad pbuh did! First you work on Tawheed and then other issues...

I hope you agree to that..

w/salaam

I wouldn't, i am more then happy to be of the race/linage that i am, and i think for others as well.... [only the insecure want that...]

and bro, i think we should work first on the basic Aqeedah [tawheed should be worked on first], and then move to other things. I mean that is what Mohammad pbuh did! First you work on Tawheed and then other issues...

I hope you agree to that..

w/salaam

salaamualaikum:

ofcourse i am fortunate to live and die for tawheed...but it's verbal chant does not suffice..save for being a consolation,that one day, after Allah knows how many AHQAB(80 centuries as told by ali razi allahu anhu=1 haqab) the verbal claimant to tawheed will enter jannah..

tawheed means that for every and eany need, in every and any situation my attention, by refelx ,should go towards Allah Rabbul Izzat..in pain and in joy, in hunger and in contentment,in poverty and in riches, in war and in peace..i ought to not first calculate my savings, or my political connections,or the number of bullets/weapons, or the people who would stand by me,or the doctor, or the police,..my attention,in every situation sent my way by The Omni Controling Omniscient,Omnipotent Almighty Creator of Wisdom...go towars Him..and not created entities......and that my brother is 'learned' by wilfully correcting oneself again and again and again:

the poetic verse of Allama Iqbal that says.

"I am inclined to Bless with my Grace

but there is none asking for it

who should we guide?

there are none seeking it"

(hum toh maayel b'karam hain

koyee saayel hee nahee

raah dikhlaein kisay

koyee rah-rave manzil hee nahee)

there are very few that tread that path of tawheed...funds, political contacts, family repute,bank balances for after 50 years/rainy days..PHEW..you name it and the synthetic gods are in view, substituting every fiber of the fabric of tawheed.

When Ibraheem alaih wa alaa nabiyyenaa assalaatuwassalaam, was about to be thrown into fire and the two angels approached him, asking permission to put the fire off...Ibraheem alaih assalaam denied them the permission why?

His logic was "If My Owner wants me to roast in fire, I will willingly roast in fire,"..this is belief/faith/practice of Tawheed.

today I follow Islam coz of my faith that if i dont, i'll get hurt here and herefater...nothing wrong with that...but is that quantum of faith sufficient to change fire to roses??

when my faith in Allah is not strong enough to convince, even myself that fire and roses are equivalent for the Almighty...how will it convince the rest of my human neighbors??

is this present self-serving fashion of adherence to Islam sufficient for gaining "khilaafaa"?..

no..sunnah tells us..that 313 with such "willingness as Ibraheem's" can change the map of the universe/planet....but are there even a couple of hundred?...

not 312, not 314..313..that is what "muahmmadurrasulullah means in the kalimah"

is Allah unjust? ofcourse not...so when the major majority of muslims are more worried for the "villa/position/comfortable living" their son/grandson must inherit when they die, do you think that ,by virute of such wishes/prayers/umrahs/sadaqaas, they dont also pray for the threats that surround such villas/positions/priviliges,and give the "sought after" priviliges/positions/villas the boundaries that make them safe havens for the next generations??? ...(this was a figurative instance i quoted)

brother, as you can see i get carried away in my narration of my feelings about the hard time i had to understand Islam, and muslims.

i hope i havent said too much or complicated it too much.

salaam.

ofcourse i am fortunate to live and die for tawheed...but it's verbal chant does not suffice..save for being a consolation,that one day, after Allah knows how many AHQAB(80 centuries as told by ali razi allahu anhu=1 haqab) the verbal claimant to tawheed will enter jannah..

but a person who doesn't follow tawheed, would never enter jannah...

so that is why i am saying that we should first get the people to get their tawheed straight...

w/salaam

Asalaamo aleykum,

Alhamdulillah I see some here are talking about shrines..and I so long wish to know something... :D ..and I donot know where/who else to ask..

Can anybody help me with info about Data Gunj Bakhsh, and the Data Darbar in Lahore...I once visited this shrine ( or Masjid ?) in Lahore with my family in law, with some festival I dont recall...does this belong in the same area of shrine worshipping ? Since I am back I have doubts of that place as many people pray there..can someone shed some light about this ? Jazaka Allahu geiran,

waleykum assalaam,

Asalaamo aleykum,

Alhamdulillah I see some here are talking about shrines..and I so long wish to know something... :D ..and I donot know where/who else to ask..

Can anybody help me with info about Data Gunj Bakhsh, and the Data Darbar in Lahore...I once visited this shrine ( or Masjid ?) in Lahore with my family in law, with some festival I dont recall...does this belong in the same area of shrine worshipping ? Since I am back I have doubts of that place as many people pray there..can someone shed some light about this ? Jazaka Allahu geiran,

waleykum assalaam,

Sister i have visited this place, and I can assure you that not permissible... I mean its Masjid built on a grave... i've seen people do strange things there, especially after prayer they gather aroud the grave and start making dua :D ....

w/salaam

Asalaamo aleykum,

waleykum assalaam,

salaamualaikum:

"shrines"..no substitute for this 'christian' phrase in the arabic language of hijaaz..except 'maqaabir'=burial sites/places where the dead are hidden.

the philosophy of shrines is explicable through (i)a simple analogy and (ii)a complex dissertation too.

simple explanation:

muslims of india,egypt(and other north african muslim countries),iraq,iran converted originaly from paganism/idol worshipping.

Idol worshipping was initiated on our planet by Iblees,after noah alaih assalaatuwassalaam..when images of people who had lead pious/fruitful lives were carved onto stones for remeberance by thier next generations...slowly the image making changed -> 'art' of sculptory..and the purpose for them changed from 'reminding of the elders' virtues' --> reminding of virtue --> reminding fo god, --> god.

however when these nations that had ,for centuries worshipped dead stones, converted to Islam, thier innate love for associating 'tangible'/palpable/visible shapes to god, did not get scraped off their cultures/traditions.

so, when they were pagans, they worshipped idols erected in the upright position, when they came into Islam, they devised the method of burying the idol and worship it in the 'lying down' position.

data gunj bakhsh and a million other shrines that dot the Islamic map are nothing but disguised mandirs/temples where iblees is worshipped. in the guise of some pious man who left here centuries ago.

and visiting such places is like condoning/seconding this shirk.

ali hajveri may Allah Bless him with Jannah, has been through the test of life..he either made it or he failed, but he definitely can do nothing for me..i shall face my life by myslef..and i shall be held accountable without ali hajveri protecting me(he'll be too busy worrying about himslef).

this is the complex explantion i pointed to at the beginning of my letter.

"Allah has clearly siad"none is worthy of focusing upon(ilaah) except Allah"

now about the tableeghi jamaat:

your comment of them not preaching from the quran and sunnah is either due to your lack of knowledge or probably because you have something personal against some paki-tableeghi who hurt you in a personal way.and this is usual, coz it is pakis of the 21st century that go with the jamaat,and before their insides have even changed 'priorities' their exterior displays the entire 'dress-code' of the suhaabaa..only with the difference of 'starch' which the suhaabaa never used.

whatever the reason, you are wrong if you think the jamaat is not preaching from quran and sunnah.

The principle the jamaat follows is :

"ALL FITNAS AMONG THE MUSLIM UMMAH AROSE FROM MISINTERPRETATION OF QURAN AND SUNNAH...all misinterpretations were caused by 'people focused on worldly gains, using Islam as a tool'..

so the way of curing that sickness of focus(the focus of a claimant to Islam must be on the original life hereafter) is to train the verbal claimants to become practical followers of thier own verbal claims...if "laa ilaaha ilallah muhammadurrasulullah" is the claim then the faith+practice ought to be "no harm or benefit can come from any created entity but comes from Allah only,and the messenger brought a COMPLETE code for living and showed us how to do whatever we need to...i.e., his methods are the only methods leading to Allah's saitisfaction.

all problems arose in the ummah when people decided they knew better and devised new methods for dealing with human problems..(human problems=old problems).

so the tableeghi jamaat works on strenghthening the imaan of the ummah...once the faith is being practiced by an individual,that individual will not resort to telling lies,cheating,backbiting,compe

ing for matter,misinterpreting Islam,saying/doing/dressing for others except Allah.....and once there is a nation, a group of people who have that imaan..the khilafat and whatever will ofcourse follow..after all in the QURAN..the rule is "if you 'practice' faith, i shall give you khilafaa".

also the suhaabaa said "we first learned imaan/faith and then we learned the Quran".

and Allah is my witness that i meant no offence...i actually meant to give my own diagnosis for whatever is the cause for the believers in Allah, the kissers of the black stone of Kaa'ba, being subjects/slaves to the believers in multiple gods and kissers of dogs.

Assalam Alaikum wa rahmatullah

Bro.. I agree with ur views about Tabligh.. I'm regular to the Marcas here in Dubai.. Truly, saying as a new muslim, I'm learning so many things practically here tht it would have taken months to learn from the book.. But this is also true tht I'm following Quran & Sunnah also & it makes me more clear!!

Jazaak Allah Khair!

Salaam dear bhai and bhan,

Pakistan Zinda Bard!!!!!!!! :D

I was born in Lahore,mashallah.

Aww I miss the days when Azan went off,and I went to the shops everyday to buy hulwa pori with chane in the mornings.

I really miss my relatives there.

The Masjid was only a 2/3 mins walk from my old mansion,lol,ok big,big house!

I went to Minari Pakistan and Badshai Masjad a few years ago.

Islam wise I think it was much easier in Lahore then here in England as Azan went off daily over in Pakistan.

W/s

Sister i have visited this place, and I can assure you that not permissible... I mean its Masjid built on a grave... i've seen people do strange things there, especially after prayer they gather aroud the grave and start making dua

I know exactly what you're talking about. Now and again we get letters from these places asking for money in exchange for duas, God knows how they have our details :D

Aww I miss the days when Azan went off,and I went to the shops everyday to buy hulwa pori with chane in the mornings.

So do I.. we had :D 5 masjids in our area, and :D we live nextdoor to one :D

I went to Minari Pakistan and Badshai Masjad a few years ago.

I've never been there, but Faisal Masjid in Islamabad was just amazing :D especilally at night. :D Even though there were no cameras allowed inside, I still managed to take a few pics.. :D I just couldn't resist :D

ah bugger. i miss it now :D