Islamic Forum
iftikharalam

Islam in Pakistan

Salaam,

"but Faisal Masjid in Islamabad was just amazing"

:D mashallah

Mashallah such a beautiful Masjid,I loved it,the outside loooks outstandings and the inside,wowowowow! :D

"5 masjids in our area, and we live nextdoor to one "

Mashallah thats awesome sis! :D

Here in England the Masjid is a mission to get to by walking. :D

W/s

PropellerAds
salaamualaikum:

now about the tableeghi jamaat:

your comment of them not preaching from the quran and sunnah is either due to your lack of knowledge or probably because you have something personal against some paki-tableeghi who hurt you in a personal way.and this is usual, coz it is pakis of the 21st century that go with the jamaat,and before their insides have even changed 'priorities' their exterior displays the entire 'dress-code' of the suhaabaa..only with the difference of 'starch' which the suhaabaa never used.

whatever the reason, you are wrong if you think the jamaat is not preaching from quran and sunnah.

The principle the jamaat follows is :

"ALL FITNAS AMONG THE MUSLIM UMMAH AROSE FROM MISINTERPRETATION OF QURAN AND SUNNAH...all misinterpretations were caused by 'people focused on worldly gains, using Islam as a tool'..

so the way of curing that sickness of focus(the focus of a claimant to Islam must be on the original life hereafter) is to train the verbal claimants to become practical followers of thier own verbal claims...if "laa ilaaha ilallah muhammadurrasulullah" is the claim then the faith+practice ought to be "no harm or benefit can come from any created entity but comes from Allah only,and the messenger brought a COMPLETE code for living and showed us how to do whatever we need to...i.e., his methods are the only methods leading to Allah's saitisfaction.

all problems arose in the ummah when people decided they knew better and devised new methods for dealing with human problems..(human problems=old problems).

so the tableeghi jamaat works on strenghthening the imaan of the ummah...once the faith is being practiced by an individual,that individual will not resort to telling lies,cheating,backbiting,compe

ing for matter,misinterpreting Islam,saying/doing/dressing for others except Allah.....and once there is a nation, a group of people who have that imaan..the khilafat and whatever will ofcourse follow..after all in the QURAN..the rule is "if you 'practice' faith, i shall give you khilafaa".

also the suhaabaa said "we first learned imaan/faith and then we learned the Quran".

and Allah is my witness that i meant no offence...i actually meant to give my own diagnosis for whatever is the cause for the believers in Allah, the kissers of the black stone of Kaa'ba, being subjects/slaves to the believers in multiple gods and kissers of dogs.

the reason is singular, the paki muslims prefer the life styles,dress styles, moral values, fashions, of the dog kissers...and as Allah has said in the Quran" i grant you whatever you wish for'

and the only cure is through "sunnah"...the umaah has no choice,by Devine Decree, but to fall in love with the Sunnah,practice it and preach it through their practice...not words.

salaamu alaikum.

:D brother!

Sorry for the late response. I actually saw your post today.

You have not proved anywhere that the jama'at preaches from the Qur'an and Sunnah. The basic book from which you people read and preach is Fadhail al-A'amal.

I have nothing against any person or the jama'at, I have just have concerns about the aqeedah and the way of bringing people to Islam. I have been very close to joiningthe jama'at in London as they were very close to my house. But when I saw what they were doing, I had my reservations.

In your whole post above, you have emphasised on one thing, that your jama'at believes in practice before knowledge. In my opinion, practice without knowledge means nothing. Knowledge should supercede everything so that the individual practices what he/she should, not what somebody has told him/her to practice.

Wassalam

Dr. Farhat Hashmi is another excellent scholar who is doing a lot of work amongst the women.
she is in canada currently.

:D

Assalamu alaikum, The name of this section is "Islam IN YOUR COUNTRY" and the topic is "Islam in Pakistan, May Khilafa start here".

I think the Mods should change the topic name to simple "Islam in Pakistan".

Khilafah will only start where Allah wants it to start inshaAllah, if I am not wrong, Makkah and Madina are the two purest Cities in the World and are protected by the Angels through the orders of Allah.

Why are we discussing Al Huda or Tanzeem or Tablighee Jamaat, there are some who agree with one and other who agree with something else. As it is, discussions on these topics is against the rules of the Forum.

Assalamu alaikum, umAhmad.

IF does not allow discussions of different sects in Islam. This complex issue will require more than ordinary Muslim's knowledge to engage into various theological differences and interpretations of Islam. All Muslims should make Quran and Sunnah their only source of guidance. Therefore, we advise everyone to stay away from all sects. Please read about them in our 'Avoid All Sects and Cults' forum, here:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showforum=163"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showforum=163[/url]

Posting or discussing any sect-related issue is a violation of IF rules.

like we say prayers when u start the prayer by getting ur hands up to the shoulder and saying Allahu Akbar now if u keep ur hand to the shoulder or above it or up to ur ears what is the aim of doing it ur selendering to Allah now aim is the same for all sects

the same way if u see other think u will see the difference is just in doing it the aim is same

Walikum as Salam

sl

Word!!! :D

peace

Dr. Israr Ahmed is an able scholar. His knowledge is excellent, and his thinking very clear.

His brief explanation of Holy Quran is available in CD/DVD form, including many lectures on various aspects concerning Islam, but only for those, who understand urdu language.

I am sorry but I have to say something to Mr. Iftikhar Alam who himself has proved that he is a Racist by criticizing MQM, The City of Karachi and Its people. And yes we know how the Muslims lost wars against British Imperialists becuase of the ancestors of same Mr. Itfikhar Alam preferred to stay on the side of power and preferred to take lands granted by the British Imperialists.

In his run to show his "intellectual genius" he is forgetting that the same Mullahs Who are consisting of MMA, used to be IJI and before that were in MRD and before that.... Mean to say that they are just "religious hoods" who basically are acting like a pressure group. Now why do they have to cry every year to remove the uniform (of President Musharraf) but keep quite for one who year??? As soon as the money is gone, eh???

It also should be noted that whatever happened to Karachi over the years happened due to the Racist Policies of these Mullahs for the people of Karachi and if they were really had sincerity it them, Karachi would have been a happy city.

Imagine a City is making 65 cents out of a single dollar pakistan makes every day, while is not being paid an honest Dime for the civic amenities this city lacks.

Like Normal Men, who sit down at the end of the day and do his mathematics of the day gone by, we are about to do the same for Pakistan.

Anybody who says that Pakistan was meant for Islam or created on behalf of Islam, is simply ignorant of the history. Can anyone show me a copy of Jinnah's statement based on the above???

I know Pakistanis who will never read this whole stuff and waste no time in criticising me, but it doesn't matter, as History has already been written and recorded and all they need to do it to sit and cry.

Don't get me wrong, I am a Moslem, a Pakistani born of Indian Parents who moved to Pakistan in search of a country and religion, BUT all they got was a "regional identity" in place of a country and were forced to witness a formation of more than dozen sects of Islam, right under the nose of Pakistan and bunch of Anti-Islam Mullahs, who in place of religious harmony and tolerance, sometimes favoured the Dictators and sometimes sided with the Ethnic Politicians for their own cash rewards. Which helped a lot to kill the true spirit of Pakistan.

If I were not in love with Pakistan I would have felt happy but I am sad, now we are proudly call ourself a Nuclear Power but we do not have a National Health Policy since 1947. We call ourselves a stronger Pakistan, while the same people massacred millions of Bengali Moslems just for the heck of it.

Every day we hear empty slogans like "we are self sufficient" but each year we have to beg to IMF for funds and import Wheat, Sugar, Potatoes, from another countries.

This country will keep on running like a headless horse, unless untill the Power is given to common men who knows what going on at the bottom of the pit, this is the only solution otherwise we will keep digging fresh graves on every 14th of August.

to mehne aaj sochata, humaray liye koi urdu forum vorum shorum kyu nahin hai??? sab aur logo ki paas hai to humaray liye kyu nahin? arby, french, german, puray dunya ki zabaano! khayr, meh abhi to naya hoon to shayad hai...? lekin mehne to dekha nahin!

Koi urdu dhaaga(?) hai kya?

by the way i dont actually live in Pakistan, in case you were wondering why my urdu is so kharaab

and yeah, would you call a thread, as in forum, dhaga

:sl:

Dr. Israr Ahmed is an able scholar. His knowledge is excellent, and his thinking very clear. I did not know he is working for khilafat, as his speech is never on political lines.

Dr. Farhat Hashmi is another excellent scholar who is doing a lot of work amongst the women.

Wassalam

My wife studies under Dr. Farhat Hashmi & masha'Allah it has been so good.

These scholars r being labelled as extremits by both muslim & non-muslims. What's thier crime? I don't know much abt Dr.Israr Ahmed but Dr. Hashmi is doing a good job of bring back the family structure in muslim lives.

:sl: brother!

Sorry for the late response. I actually saw your post today.

You have not proved anywhere that the jama'at preaches from the Qur'an and Sunnah. The basic book from which you people read and preach is Fadhail al-A'amal.

In your whole post above, you have emphasised on one thing, that your jama'at believes in practice before knowledge. In my opinion, practice without knowledge means nothing. Knowledge should supercede everything so that the individual practices what he/she should, not what somebody has told him/her to practice.

Wassalam

SALAAM YAA ABURAFAY:

..dear brother :

1-is there a lack of knowledge about the Holy Quran and the Teacher alaih assalaam??

2-has the abundance of knowledge, in books, on cd's,done any good so far?

3-did the prophet alaih assalaam wait for the whole quran to be revealed before he started preaching/practicing Islam?

4-LAA ILAAHAA ILLALLAH, means nothing/no one is worthy of focusing upon (for help/results/slavation) except Allah....does Allah need books to change one's heart with guidance?

5- did the early muslims at daar-al-arqam read books?when the only source of info to them, including rasoolullah were a few revelations??

6-the first day that Abubakr embraced Islam, he came back that evening with 6 new converts to Islam...did he have the knowledge as the western media taught us to define?(not that i am against their data but that we use their data to interpret Quranic codes..is like expecting school books to explain postgraduate info)

7-is there any scarcity of knowledge about everything and anything on the planet today?has it done anything to make humans more humane?has it annihilated/terminated those eternal human enemies called LUST,GREED,ENVY,WRATH etc.,

8-do i need books to tell me how another human must feel in a given situation?is the basic natural info in each normal human brain not enough to allow each of us to learn to be kind,generous,humane and tolerant?

9-so my dear brother aburaffay..it is not a lack of knowledge that plagues muslim societies, or the jewish and christian societies before them....it is/was/will remain the LACK OF PRACTICE OF BASIC HUMANE NATURE...

10-once one is convinced how eveything is in Allah's control and how for every good/bad deed there are instantaneous results in THIS LIFE ,one learns to remain in-line with the Quranic code...to convince people of how Allah's code unfolds itslef in practical day-tp-dayliving, one has no better source but authentic stories from the lives of the suhaabaa and the prophets...that is the mechanism by which the jamaat operates..

and it is not my jamaat...

i am just an ordinary half muslim-half 21st century product of western ill-logic...yes ofcourse the half muslim in me is the endeavor of the jamaat....they seek to make me a full muslim...but like i said before..is it easy to focus my analysis of lust/greed/matterchase/and ease seeking behavior on myself??

do i ever pray to Allah"ya Allah give me such strength of faith and fidelity to you that i too go to my grave with 14 patches stitched into my burial dress..like omar the ruler of 22 hundred thousand square miles"?

no ofcourse not..i pray for comfort and ease and good weather and as much of jannat in this life as my vocabulary manages to ask for...and then when i find Islam being berated/raped..i point fingers at others.

but the jamaat..every time i go with them make it clear to me...it is nobody's mistake but your own abukhaleel..

are you abukhaleel as sincere as a true muslim ought to be to Allah..in your mua'amlaat..and your muaa'sharat..muaa'mlaat(dealings=business+so

ial) muaashrat=living style=dresscode+celebrating code+condoling code+socializing code)????

or are you abukhaleel a semi muslim who belives the code brought down by the Teacher alaih salaam lacked the western touch to it's dress/social/business/education/domestic codes???

BRO ABURAFAY...I AM QUOTING AN ENTRY ON THE I.F. FROM TODAY'S COUNSELLING MESSAGE BOARDS..TITLED"PARENTS"...let's guess how much of quranic and hadeeth knowledge must the parents of this poor muslim sister have?...or how little must they know to be doing this to your and my sister in Islam at an age when she can hardly resist their pressure.

brothers and sisters,

Insha'Allah I really hope people can help me out with this problem.

I go to a Public High School in the West. Long story short - I hardly attend my classes nor complete any assignments. Academically I'm not doing great. The reason for this is because my heart is not in it. I am not learning anything beneficial that will help me now or the hereafter. I see things that are not meant to be seen, and I hear words that are not meant to be heard. The company I have is probably the better among the other company there. However even they are not good people to be around. They are hardly any other sisters around - practically none, and those that are there are just followers of the trend, and, in some cases, even worse. I feel like I'm wasting my time learning nothing what so ever of any value, and half of the 75 min classes are either the teachers making lousy jokes (that are harmful as well) and the rest is junk. Anyways, I want to go to an Islamic School. It is not far, probably even closer than my other school. I see it as a great thing because the company around me will be good, which will in turn encourage me to do better. I will be around people whose words are valuable and will be beneficial and will help me on the day of judgment rather than go against me. I will not be in a constant state of looking away from things that are haram (which are in every corner might I add) Along wth that I will learn about my Deen and everything will be incorporated through the Islamic view. Prayer will be on time during school hours, and as an addition the teachers around me will be very valuable and beneficial unlike the teachers at the public school. They can help me with understanding my religion so much better. Anyways, the problem here is - for some strange reason, my parents do not want me to go the Islamic School. They do not tell me why. They force and pressure me to go (to the public school), do this and that, and is so many ways put this useless knowledge above my Deen. I know they want me to be successful (or maybe it's also upholding the family name) but success for the hereafter is much more important - who knows when it's my time to die? They say that religion can be taught later on at anytime - and I beg to differ. I am at an age where learning the Quran (atleast memorizing it all and its meaning) and the Hadith is easier. rather this junk that they force me to learn is can be learned much later (though it shouldn't even be bothered with). They say things like: Do you really think you've become a scholar because you prayed? Well no, not at all, and nowhere near, but it is one one of the essential steps. If I don't go to school (and spend those same 8 hours learning about Islam), I have to put up with being cursed at and hearing once again things that I should not hear, having my parents upset with me - and overall just having a bad relationship. Now the problem is don't know what to do. If I try to push forth the idea of the Islamic School, and go against their will a little so that they accept - I'm committing a major sin (disobeying parents). However if I go to school, I see and hear many sinful things, waste my time - and at the end of the day i have very little time to educate my self in my religion. This might sound stupid, but sometimes I feel like just getting to the Islamic School is kind of like a very small personal jihad - or it could be the other way as Shaytan could be making it look that way so that I disobey some of my parents rules and commit some sins... (or maybe even talking about my parents like this) So the question I guess I'm asking is what should I choose, and how should I go about doing it? I really would greatly appreciate some advice...and alhumdullilah for having such a place where I can get help from the wiser ones

Wasalaam

Salaam,

to mehne aaj sochata, humaray liye koi urdu forum vorum shorum kyu nahin hai??? sab aur logo ki paas hai to humaray liye kyu nahin? arby, french, german, puray dunya ki zabaano! khayr, meh abhi to naya hoon to shayad hai...? lekin mehne to dekha nahin!

Koi urdu dhaaga(?) hai kya?

Bhai maine Comments/Suggestion room mein request wala topic banaya toh hai

lekin majal ho jo kisi ne jawab diya ho .. agar aap hi wahan jaa keh support de dein apni

toh shayed dot (the admin) aik urdu wala section bhi Islamic languages forum mein add kar dein..

Edited by hira

I too, put a request for Urdu forum in "disscussing IF rules" (this forum is only available to senior members) but Dot didn't reply, I don't know why he is not starting urdu forum, although many of the members here are urdu speaking.

I wish I could go to Pakistan :sl: .. I was born in Islamabad..but moved to south africa when i was 1 month..

Faisal Masjid is beautiful! MashaAllah ..

I've been to Faisal Masjid (mosque) before

and i'm gonna go agian this summer Insha' Allah

can't wait!

Edited by hira

Salam,

I am Pakistani, but born and raised in the U.S. I visited Pakistan last year; let's just say I did not enjoy the trip at all. The only part of the trip I liked was going to Dubai for a week on the way home.

Bhai BoostedPak,

why you didn't liked Pakistan?

A documentary on Pakistan...

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_youtube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=51LiUJfLkKY"]Truth about Pakistan[/url]

Edited by Hira (Devout)

Bhai BoostedPak,

why you didn't liked Pakistan?

It was to different, there is a smell that is in the air. The only place it doesn't smell is in the defense area. I do not think I could live there.

It was to different, there is a smell that is in the air. The only place it doesn't smell is in the defense area. I do not think I could live there.

Really, well hmm I didn't smell anything.

You were not born there and it was your first time visiting right so I guess that explains a lot.

I'd love to live there, it feels more at home. :sl: BTW what does your parents think of Pakistan?