Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Teyyar ilFuraat

Arabic Dialects

:D

:D doncha jus love old berber ladies :D lol need a translation? :D

:D They're soooo cute. I've adopted 3 berber grannies cos they're so cool to be around. I may pick up the language if I hang out with them long enuff.

hehe the libyan slang for how are you is 'shij' lol it used to be shij jow but i gues every1 got sick of sayin the long version lol

Same with us. How are you "wech raak/i" is now "wech?" All these new slang words are tough to keep up with! :D I have to get a day of intensive teaching every summer to get clued up on all the new expressions. B)

PropellerAds

Shij? Wech? LOL. Man, I'm glad you told us that.

If someone said that to me I think I woulda taken them to war. It sounds more like an insult. :D

:D They're soooo cute. I've adopted 3 berber grannies cos they're so cool to be around. I may pick up the language if I hang out with them long enuff.

Same with us. How are you "wech raak/i" is now "wech?" All these new slang words are tough to keep up with! :D I have to get a day of intensive teaching every summer to get clued up on all the new expressions. B)

so true i go back to libya every summer n they'v got a million and one new words like saga' 'aleeek i was like :D till they told me what it meant...i normally translate things literally n it really didnt make sense lol

Shij? Wech? LOL. Man, I'm glad you told us that.

If someone said that to me I think I woulda taken them to war. It sounds more like an insult. :D

loooooool i actually thought my bro made it up when he told me but when i went to libya they were all like hey tasneem shij n i was like :D :D :D figured in the end tht my bro wasnt just going on...

Edited by soulja-ess

Another one...... (don't laugh!)

Entik (I'm cool!)....apparently thats the reply u give to "Wech?" (if ur "street") :D

I still can't bring myself to say it! I dunno where its evolved from...its not arabic, as far as I know its not french....so where its come from I do not know??

^ lol :D

The other day I watched an Arab comedy program and the episode was about married couples who are from different Arab states and they don't understand each other because of their dialects.

The most hilarious was a Yemani (Yeman) married to a Tunisiyya (Tunis).

All the couples went to a (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_m002.html#Muslim"]Muslim[/url] (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_q000.html#qadi"]qadi[/url] because they are having marriage problems due to the dialect. That particular one told the (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_q000.html#qadi"]qadi[/url] that he doesn't get anything his wife says. Once he asked her what she prepared him for dinner and she said hout! :D in Yemani it means whale but tin tunisi it means fish!

And the (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_q000.html#qadi"]qadi[/url] was like :D hout!

How did they agree to get married then? pfft.

In our family we have quite a few people who are married to non-Iraqis. We have Palestinian, Syrian (about 5, I think), Bulgarian, American, Italian, Pakistani and...Sudani!

In other words, we have a mini UN in our family. :D

Edited by Teyyar ilFuraat

How did they agree to get married then? pfft.

In our family we have quite a few people who are married to non-Iraqis. We have Palestinian, Syrian (about 5, I think), Bulgarian, American, Italian, Pakistani and...Sudani!

:D that's nice. :D

In other words, we have a mini UN in our family. :D

I forgot to mention, there are 3 Americans (all non-(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_m002.html#Muslim"]Muslim[/url] :D ).

that's nice.

In other words, we have a mini UN in our family.

An international family, much like mine....:D