Islamic Forum
ahmetcelik

Evolution ?

I’m asking for a brief answer; can you build a building without ground floor? you cannot. how can you build a theory without explaining the origin of first living organism? Give me a logical answer.

PropellerAds

As Salam Alaikum!

Seems obvious but they (atheists) will just thrown it around and ask where did God come from and state that Islam has no ground floor either in that sense. They can't understand that Allah is independent of time and therefore has no beginning or end.

WS

:D

the evolution theory itself has many flaws...like the so called missing links.

i believe dinoisaurs may have existed, i just dont believe they evolved from a single cell..

Edited by um-eesaa

asalmualakum

Bismillah hirahmanirahim

Yea there are flaws, but this theory is not entirly useless, I mean in terms of genetics we are evolving each day.

Some people, namly aetheists, believe that there is a scientific explanation for everthing. They don't believe in the unseen.

And he makes comparisons for Us, and forgets his own (origin and) Creation: He says, "Who can give life to (dry) bones and decomposed ones (at that)?" (yasin, 78)

As-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu

You can't, that's why evolution is the kaffir's delusion.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.darwinismrefuted(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]www.darwinismrefuted(contact admin if its a beneficial link)[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.evolutiondeceit(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]www.evolutiondeceit(contact admin if its a beneficial link)[/url]

W'as-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu

they have some really good documentaries by Haroon Yahya that explain the whole evolution theory very well...i learnt many things from there..

I got a leaflet about evolution and I found this section in particular which makes perfect sense and explains everything to me anyway. :D

Is it rational??

In essence the theory (The Big Bang) is saying that everything came about from nothing without a cause. If we saw a car, even though we can't smell, touch, hear, or feel what made it we know the parts did NOT join together and make itself. Even if we waited a billion years we know the car could or would not evolve from nothing or even its basic parts! If someone, came to us saying the car could evolve from nothing we would think he was mad. Yet we are told that something millions of times more complex than a car could somehow come toegther without a cause or architect, purely by chance!?

Life from dead chemicals?

Evolutionists claim that the most basic life form, the cell, developed from the chemicals that were present after the Big Bang. Although, the cell is the most basic of living things, research including the recent "HUman genome project" has shown just how miraculously complex it is. Is it reasonable to believe, that in the primitive conditions experiments using the most sophisticated labs in the 20th and 21st century, evolutionists have still not been able to create a cell from dead chemicals, even in "Perfect laboratory conditions"!!!

Extracted from; Think for yourself, Do you really believe evolution is true???

Eliza

If we saw a car, even though we can't smell, touch, hear, or feel what made it we know the parts did NOT join together and make itself.

Bismillahirahman irahim

I asked a similllar question to an aetheist once. He respnded that if there were a thousand monkeys at a thousand typewitters, and each monkey typed one letter, after a million repititions they may be able to write a shakespeare play. THEY BELIEVE IN CHANCE. Prettty stupid.

^^^ haha, thats exactly what my husband yold me this morning lol!

the evolution theory itself has many flaws...like the so called missing links.

i believe dinoisaurs may have existed, i just dont believe they evolved from a single cell..

..and they still don't know how that cell was formed. :D :D

There is nothing wrong with natural selection. :D It makes sense. :D e.g. the Finches

Edited by Arwa

... if there were a thousand monkeys at a thousand typewitters, and each monkey typed one letter, after a million repititions they may be able to write a shakespeare play. THEY BELIEVE IN CHANCE. Prettty stupid.

The internet proved that wrong :D

Anyway, this is not a basic Islamic discussion so the topic will be moved to the Evolution forum, inshallah.

AS

..and they still don't know how that cell was formed. :D :D

There is nothing wrong with natural selection. :D It makes sense. :D e.g. the Finches

Well I don't know about that. When the weather phenomanae called "El Nino" went thorugh the Galapagos Islands and changed the islands features and enviorment completely. That very same day/s the eggs that were hatched on each specific island had beaks perfectly tuned to the new enviorment.

Peace,

I just wanted to add a thought on the monkey typewriter theory. Some guys down in Plymouth actually decided they'd try it out and put a computer keyboard in a monkey pen to see how much Shakespeare the monkeys could batter out.

At first, said researcher Mike Phillips, “the lead male got a stone and started bashing the hell out of it.

“Another thing they were interested in was in defecating and urinating all over the keyboard,†added Phillips, who runs the university's Institute of Digital Arts and Technologies.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.cbsnews(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/stories/2003/05/12/national/main553500.shtml"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.cbsnews(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/stories/2003/05/12/...ain553500.shtml[/url]

You can read what the monkeys had to tell us (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.vivaria(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/experiments/notes/publication/NOTES_EN.pdf"]here[/url] in 5 pages worth of constructive notes on Shakespeare.

That said, there has also been a computer programme designed to find out how much Shakespeare it is possible to compile with random keys being hit. Thus far after the equivalent of 2,737,850 million billion billion billion monkey-years, 24 letters from Shakespeare's, The Second Part of King Henry IV, have been produced! A stunning achievement which does prove the theory works, eventually the entire works of Shakespeare would be produced given random generation. It will just take a few more zillion zillion zillion zillion zillion zillion zillion zillion zillion zillion zillion zillion zillion zillion zillion years to finish. (And then some)

I would like to make a serious point about the whole affair though. A lot gets made of the fact that the chances of us existing by chance are as far as we know, astronomically low. The point I think often gets forgotten is that it does not matter how low the chances of us existing by chance are. The fundamental point is that if we did not exist we would not be questioning why we exist! The chance therefore of the human race questioning why it exists is therefore a 100% certainty.

(www.)"http://chem.duke.edu/~jds/cruise_chem/Exobiology/miller.html"]chem.duke.edu/~jds/cruise_chem/...ogy/miller.html[/url]

An interesting website about experiments carried out that yielded amino acids, the counter for that, and other theories. Just something to read.

Peace to everyone.

Hallo, Um-eeesa, you say

i believe dinosaurs may have existed, i just dont believe they evolved from a single cell.

1) I noticed you do not say you believe dinosaurs existed but “may have existedâ€, which is logical to me since you probably think that the existence of dinosaurs is a threat to your beliefs because why would Allah/God create a species, which is supposed to be perfect, and let it disappear? That does not seem logical, but that is what conservatives Christians and Muslims believe. I ignore what explanations Christians or Muslims have for this.

2) You have evolved from a single masculine cell and a single feminine cell. Don’t you believe it either?

Hallo, Eli, you say

In essence the theory (The Big Bang) is saying that everything came about from nothing without a cause.

You also believe that everything came about from nothing. You believe that Allah made the universe out of nothing.

Do you know what happened with Galileo? He saw first that what everybody believed about the sun moving around the earth was wrong. The Christian church told him that that was impossible because the Bible said the opposite.

Now the story is happening again with evolution. Science has discovered that what we thought, that is, that everything was created in one week, is wrong. And both Muslims and Christian conservatives say that evolution is impossible because their holy book book says that.

Sorry, just like before, it is believers who are wrong. Their book does not say that, but they think it does. Wrong interpretations. Always the same story.

It took 400 years for the Pope to apologize, and a long time before the idea that the earth turns around the sun was accepted everywhere. How long will it take now with evolution? It’s only 150 years from Darwin. Just be patient.

Believers wrongly think that if they accept evolution they have to give up God. Atheists believe that if they accept God they have to give up evolution. Both are wrong.

There were always people who knew that both exist, God and evolution, because evolution is just the upward pull of God’s consciousness on its own creation. Who were these people who always knew this? Yogis.

Cheers.

Peace to everyone.

Sorry, there was a mistake in my last sentence. Here is the correction:

There were always people who knew that both exist, God and evolution, because evolution is just the upward pull of God’s consciousness on His own creation. Who were these people who always knew this? Yogis.

I’m asking for a brief answer; can you build a building without ground floor? you cannot. how can you build a theory without explaining the origin of first living organism? Give me a logical answer.

You may consider restating your question. One can build a theory about a variety of things (IE: why one finds it impossible to use children's markers without getting any ink on one's hands) without explaining the origin of first living organism.

If you mean a theory of evolution, you are begging the question.

If you mean a theory of creation, although it's not my position, one could theorize that with the first creation there were no floors, only a building. Hence, no ground floor was needed to build that building.

Your 'question' REALLY needs some revision.

Peace to everyone,

It is not only yogis who always knew about evolution. In every religious tradition there were also some men who knew.

(www.)"http://geocities/Athens/5739/sidratul-muntaha-e.htm"]geocities/Athens/5739/sidratul-muntaha-e.htm[/url]

... the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) rose through seven heavens or levels of spiritual attainment, each one of which is symbolized by a meeting with one of the Messengers of Allah who had preceded him, as follows:

Heaven…Messenger……………….... . Symbolizes………………......... Level…...Fluid

------- ---------------------------- ------------------------------ ------ ... ------

1st…. Prophet Adam .............……. Unity................………....….

.Material… Water

2nd Prophets John and Jesus…... Consciousness for Growth..Life……… Water

3 …. Prophet Joseph .............……. Freedom.......................

.…Soul……. Water

4….. Prophet Idris ...............……..Creativity ..........Intellect…Water

5…… Prophet Aaron ……............... Faithfulness..................

..…Faith .... Milk

6…… Prophet Moses………………....... Firmness (Prophethood)….. Islam…… Wine

7…… Prophet Abraham ……………. Sacrifice (Risalah)……….…... Virtue….. Honey

I like to study the coincidences in religions. I think they are all branches of the same tree of True Eternal Religion, which has taken many exterior forms in different times and places, but has the same interior essence in all of them.

Cheers.

Peace to everyone.

Sorry I forgot the last part of the quote, and perhaps the most important part:

The vertical hierarchy from the Material through Life and Soul (nafs) to Intellect (‘aql) is what we name physical evolution, while that from Faith (Iman) through Islam (Prophethood) to Voluntary Generosity (Ihsan) we call spiritual evolution.

Cheers

Peace Asking!

I see that you believe in an Intelligent Evolution. However, Darwin's theory of Evolution is a theory of (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.harunyahya(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/evolution_specialpreface.php"]chance[/url]. It does not make sense to believe in an Intelligent Design through Evolution, if you actually have an understanding of this theory.

asalmualakum

Bismillah hirahmanirahim

Yea there are flaws, but this theory is not entirly useless, I mean in terms of genetics we are evolving each day.

Some people, namly aetheists, believe that there is a scientific explanation for everthing. They don't believe in the unseen.

And he makes comparisons for Us, and forgets his own (origin and) Creation: He says, "Who can give life to (dry) bones and decomposed ones (at that)?" (yasin, 78)

thats the funny thing about it, according to science, nothing is spontanious, it is my believe that the first spark that caused the proteins to form together in that primordial sea of component gasses to form the first protein chain, and somehow the first organism (which you know, it cant just suddenly jump from a protein chain to a reproduceing organism without some sort of outside help) 2.4 billion years ago, you see, that is the thing, people dont seem to understand the times involved, i am both a student of god, and of science, didnt god in the quran command his followers to go forth and seek knowledge? isnt that why the Islamic nations were always ahead of the west in science because the west would turn to the bible, and their extreme views and make claims against what was written in the quran, or was discovered from commands mentioned in the quran? hundreds of years before galleleo, muslims were told the earth was round, that the planets were spheres, and what was galelao told by closeminded europeans? "IT ISNT ROUND AND IT DOSENT MOVE!!!" god didnt tell them this, they assumed because god didnt tell them this that it must not be true. "and yet it moves!"

It is entirely possible to form proteins found in modern biological systems using a reasonable simple experiment.

In May 1953, a doctoral student named Miller created a number of amino acids as found in most life forms by providing an environment similar to an early earth and by adding sparks (which would have been provided in a primordial earth through lightning strikes). Here's a short description of his experiment:

Despite many arguments, largely theoretical but with some experimental work, spontaneous generation remained a viable option for the origins of life - for abiogenesis - but it was a very confused field. What caused it to change and become focused was the publication on 23 April 1953 of Crick and Watson's Nature paper on the structure of DNA. Three weeks later, a graduate student at the University of Chicago named Stanley Miller published a paper in Science, on 15 May, entitled "A production of amino acids under possible primitive earth conditions".

Miller was a doctoral student of Nobel laureate Harold C. Urey (a chemist who discovered deuterium), after he heard a lecture by Urey in which he noted in passing that earth's primordial hydrogen-rich (reducing) atmosphere would have been favourable for the formation of simple organic molecules. {Schopf 123} He decided, with Urey's permission, to test this, assuming an atmosphere of molecular hydrogen (H2), methane (CH4), ammonia (NH3) and water vapour (H2O). Neither Urey nor Miller knew at this point that this was in line with Oparin's hypothesis, but as he prepared for the experiments, Miller read Oparin and mulled it over, along with Urey's hypotheses on the formation of the solar system. {Schopf 125}

He passed the atmosphere through a glass retort, continuously cycling it for several days, while exposing it to heat, electrical arcing, and cooling. After two days, the "ocean" (a flask of water through which the gases were passed) became pale yellow, and on analysis this turned out to be glycine, the simplest amino acid. They repeated the experiment for a week, and in the final yellow-brown solution, Miller detected seven amino acids, including three (glycine, anine and aspartic acid) found in modern living systems. In a period of three and a half months, Miller had confirmed Urey's and Oparin's hypotheses on the formation of the precursor molecules of life.

I am always confused as to why some individuals completely refuse to believe that evolution or abiogenesis as can be described by science is the way that things may have happened. God may have told us that he created the world and caused animals to be created in the forms that they are now in, but why is it incorrect to say that evolution and abiogenesis are the mechanisms that he has used to do this?

In my opinion, evolution is only a problem for people who believe humans are created in the image of The Creator.

I don't understand how this is even a problem for those individuals. Could evolution not be the method that The Creator used to create humans? If The Creator created the universe, of course he could have designed it especially so that the physical laws could not help but lead to the evolution of humans in their current form.

Hello Krawn,

I don't understand how this is even a problem for those individuals. Could evolution not be the method that The Creator used to create humans? If The Creator created the universe, of course he could have designed it especially so that the physical laws could not help but lead to the evolution of humans in their current form.

What you're getting at, I think, is the subject of other similar topics I've started in this section at IF.

What I meant when I posted that was: IF humans are the product of evolution (going from bacteria, to insects, to reptiles, to birds, to mammals [or however you like to think of it]) then it would be a problem for people who believe man is created in God's image. This is because, logically it seems, it would mean God's image would have been, at one time, a bacteria, an insect, a reptile, a bird, and then man.

That's why, I think, people who believe man was created in God's image struggle with the concept of evolution.

As far as what you described, like I said, I've started other topics about it and try to keep an open mind.

Peace,

AS

OH me and my memory! I didn't realize, this was your first post.

Welcome to IF Krawn!

We ask all our new members to familiarize themselves with the (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?act=boardrules"]forum rules[/url] and we hope your stay here is beneficial :D

Peace,

AS

Al salam alaikum

In my opinion, evolution is only a problem for people who believe humans are created in the image of the Creator.

--Allah's Slave

Balderdash! :D

Indeed man was was created in the image of his Creator, according to all three Abrahamic religions, meaning he posseses a reflection of the Divine Attributes of the Lord. The verses of Genesis and Hadiths of Muhammad (saws) are not to be taken in the literal sense. They do not prevent me from affirming evolution as a true and rational theory (God forbid).

Krawn, welcome to IF, I hope you enjoy your stay on the forum. I shall, God willing, write a response to your post regarding Miller's experiment in the near future. :D