Islamic Forum
CrusaderOfSteel

The Religion Of Peace?

Actual Quotes from the Koran

The Muslim Bible commands Muslims to murder all non-Muslims:

"O Prophet! Make war against the unbelievers [all non-Muslims] and the hypocrites and be merciless against them. Their home is hell, an evil refuge indeed." (Koran, 9:73)

"When you meet the unbelievers in jihad [holy war], chop off their heads. And when you have brought them low, bind your prisoners rigorously. Then set them free or take ransom from them until the war is ended." (Koran, 47:4)

"The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and his messenger and strive after corruption in the land will be to be killed or crucified, or to have their hands and feet chopped off on opposite sides, or to be expelled out of the land. Such will be their humiliation in the world, and in the next world they will face an awful horror." (Koran, 5:33-34)

"When we decide to destroy a population, we send a definite order to them who have the good things in life and yet sin. So that Allah's word is proven true against them, then we destroy them utterly." (Koran, 17:16-17)

"In order that Allah may separate the pure from the impure, put all the impure ones [all non-Muslims] one on top of another in a heap and cast them into hell. They will have been the ones to have lost." (Koran, 8:37)

"How many were the populations we utterly destroyed because of their sins, setting up in their place other peoples." (Koran, 21:11)

"Remember Allah inspired the angels: I am with you. Give firmness to the believers. I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers: you smite them above their necks and smite all their fingertips off of them." (Koran, 8:12)

PropellerAds

As Salaam Alaikum,

Honestly... I don't find you too knowledgable about Islam and the verses in the Q'uran if you refer to the Q'uran as the "Muslim Bible", especially with the name of the Q'uran right in front of you when you're quoting it (Koran). Copying and pasting does not do you justice.

salaam

"O Prophet! Make war against the unbelievers [all non-Muslims] and the hypocrites and be merciless against them. Their home is hell, an evil refuge indeed." (Koran, 9:73)

"When you meet the unbelievers in jihad [holy war], chop off their heads. And when you have brought them low, bind your prisoners rigorously. Then set them free or take ransom from them until the war is ended." (Koran, 47:4)

"The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and his messenger and strive after corruption in the land will be to be killed or crucified, or to have their hands and feet chopped off on opposite sides, or to be expelled out of the land. Such will be their humiliation in the world, and in the next world they will face an awful horror." (Koran, 5:33-34)

"When we decide to destroy a population, we send a definite order to them who have the good things in life and yet sin. So that Allah's word is proven true against them, then we destroy them utterly." (Koran, 17:16-17)

"In order that Allah may separate the pure from the impure, put all the impure ones [all non-Muslims] one on top of another in a heap and cast them into hell. They will have been the ones to have lost." (Koran, 8:37)

"How many were the populations we utterly destroyed because of their sins, setting up in their place other peoples." (Koran, 21:11)

"Remember Allah inspired the angels: I am with you. Give firmness to the believers. I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers: you smite them above their necks and smite all their fingertips off of them." (Koran, 8:12)

Check out the verses from your bible before you go pointing fingers...so much for love and peace for the world or turning the other cheek...

Assalaamu Alaa MAnitaba'al Huda

which translation have you been reading?

Note- some of these verses are about how Allah destroys...

wassalaamu Alaa MAnitaba'al Huda

9-73. O Prophet (Muhammad SAW)! Strive hard against the disbelievers and the hypocrites, and be harsh against them, their abode is Hell, - and worst indeed is that destination.

47-4. So, when you meet (in fight Jihâd in Allâh's Cause), those who disbelieve smite at their necks till when you have killed and wounded many of them, then bind a bond firmly (on them, i.e. take them as captives). Thereafter (is the time) either for generosity (i.e. free them without ransom), or ransom (according to what benefits Islâm), until the war lays down its burden. Thus [you are ordered by Allâh to continue in carrying out Jihâd against the disbelievers till they embrace Islâm (i.e. are saved from the punishment in the Hell-fire) or at least come under your protection], but if it had been Allâh's Will, He Himself could certainly have punished them (without you). But (He lets you fight), in order to test you, some with others. But those who are killed in the Way of Allâh, He will never let their deeds be lost,

5-33. The recompense of those who wage war against Allâh and His Messenger and do mischief in the land is only that they shall be killed or crucified or their hands and their feet be cut off on the opposite sides, or be exiled from the land. That is their disgrace in this world, and a great torment is theirs in the Hereafter.

5-34. Except for those who (having fled away and then) came back (as Muslims) with repentance before they fall into your power; in that case, know that Allâh is Oft­Forgiving, Most Merciful.

17- 16. And when We decide to destroy a town (population), We (first) send a definite order (to obey Allâh and be righteous) to those among them [or We (first) increase in number those of its population] who are given the good things of this life. Then, they transgress therein, and thus the word (of torment) is justified against it (them). Then We destroy it with complete destruction.

17-17. And how many generations have We destroyed after Nûh (Noah)! And Sufficient is your Lord as an All-Knower and All-Beholder of the sins of His slaves.

8-37. In order that Allâh may distinguish the wicked (disbelievers, polytheists and doers of evil deeds) from the good (believers of Islâmic Monotheism and doers of righteous deeds), and put the wicked (disbelievers, polytheists and doers of evil deeds) one on another, heap them together and cast them into Hell. Those! it is they who are the losers.

21-11. How many a town (community), that were wrong-doers, have We destroyed, and raised up after them another people!

Salam Everyone,

You know, it's so very important to keep things in 'context'!

Wa'salam

:D

Interlingual communication is amazingly limited, what you translate from chinese, or arabic, or thai, or any other language, into english, will automatically lose a lot of its presupposed meaning, thats a basic fundamental of languages.

So, the bits in brackets you see in the respected translation shortly above, explain the arabic to a good extent, but not the full extent. Hardly any of the Quran's critics are masters in arabic.....and thats a point to note very well.

when you take a Quran ayaah, you have to look at not only thats verse, but before it and after it as well

Peace CrusaderOfSteel!

The best way to show ignorance, is to misquote/ quote out of context. If you are serious about a dialogue, you are most welcome to raise questions on each verse and :D you will be answered. But if you only wish to come and create a topic to create disharmony, you are just wasting your time, and exposing yourself.

Peace out.

It seems you chose to ‘cut & paste’ from anti-Islam website ‘answering-Islam’ – without bothering to use some common sense.

First – Muslim don’t have ‘Bible’. They have Allah’s (God’s) Word – known as Holy Qur’an. The closet thing to Christian Gospels (NT) – Muslim have which is known as Hadith.

Your source has quoted all the Verses out of context. I could post hundreds of similar statements, out of context of course’ – which would prove that both OT and NT are not only teach racism, but could be the most barbaric literature in the Universe – especially the Jewish Bible which has more ‘anti-Semite’ verses than the Christian Gospels and Holy Qur’an put together. Here is some for you to taste:

Ahab, Jehoram, Ahaz, and Manasseh are just a few of the Jewish kings of israel demonized in the Jewish Bible. They are depicted as plotting, scheming, and killing off prophets who spoke against them.

Moses in the Jewish Bible, speaking about Jews of the future says;

For I know that after my death you will act corruptly and turn from the way which I have commanded you; and evil will befall you in the latter days, for you will do that which is evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking Him to anger with the work of your hands (Deut. 31:29)

Jeremiah recorded the Lord's warning to israel: I will bring evil from the north, and a great destruction. The lion is come up from his thicket ... he is gone forth from his place to make thy land desolate; and thy cities shall be laid waste, without an inhabitant (Jeremiah 4:6, 7)

From Daniel and Hosea:

Indeed all israel has transgressed Thy law and turned aside, not obeying Thy voice; so the curse has been poured out on us, along with the oath which is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, for we have sinned against Him (Dan 9:11)

Isaiah 1:4 Ah, sinful nation, a people loaded with guilt, a brood of evildoers

Agreed...the Jewish and Christian bible also have violent statements within them. However, the difference is that they dont enforce it as Muslims do with the Koran.

Agreed...the Jewish and Christian bible also have violent statements within them. However, the difference is that they dont enforce it as Muslims do with the Koran.

Enforced on whom - Jews or Christians or Hindus? But then history has proved that Jews have no sense of thankfulness.

De Lacy O'Leary in 'Islam at the Crossroads,' London, 1923.

History makes it clear, however, that the legend of fanatical Muslims sweeping through the world and forcing Islam at the point of sword upon conquered races is one of the most fantastically absurd myths that historians have ever repeated

But then history has proved that Jews have no sense of thankfulness.

[/b]

Do Muslims? They have all this land yet it is not enough and they will go out of their way to kill off all the Jews and take their land.

Do Muslims? They have all this land yet it is not enough and they will go out of their way to kill off all the Jews and take their land.

Which land belonged to the Jews, which was occupied by Muslim, Moshe? If you're referring to Palestine - then for your information - 90% of European Jewish settlers are not even children of Jacob(israel) - but Mongolian Khazars.

On the other hand - it were Muslims:

Who liberated Jews from Christian slavery in Jerusalem in 636 CE - and handed over the site of Temple Mount to the Chief Rabbi - which was used as garbage dump by the Christians.

Who liberated Jews from Church slavery (Serfs) in Spain in 711 CE.

Who resettled Jews in 1186 CE in Jerusalem when Sultan Salahuddin recaptured the city from the Christian Franks.

Who saved the lives of 100,000 German and Polish Jews in the 1940s, when Turkey's ambassador to Morocco issued them visas to migrate to Turkey or Palestine.

But as (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_i001.html#Isa"]Jesus[/url] is quoted in the Bible - "Jews are the most ungrateful lot."

You cannot all argue against crusador.

What has he done except take direct quotes. If it tells muslims to attack all non-muslims, JiHad, then taking it out of context would be to alter the meaning so it satisfies modern western ideals. If the muslims are so peaceful, why is Constantinople called Istanbul? If muslims are so peaceful, why have they orchestrated so many attacks on 'western' nations. And mark my words, their attacks on the west are not over.

And why was my coptic friend brutally beat up in Egypt during his visit, just because he wore a crucafix.

Why did my uncle have to die in september 11th. Why are muslims continuously suicide bombing themselves to kill hundreds of israelites over land that belongs to the Jews. Why have muslims attacked children in Russia. Why are the Albanians killing Serbs while claiming Kosovo belongs to them. Why is Usama promising more war? All these questions are valid.

So please, call me ignorant, throw your insults at me of how I know nothing and am only exposing myself. I am making nothing up and nothing is out of context. The truth is muslims are still waging war, except now they are being more politically correct about it. The attacks that are carried out are denounced by understanding muslims, but yet, these attacks still continue. Islam is in theory a peaceful religion, but really uses its vast power for the wrong reasons. Type "beheading" in google and you tell me what shows up.

So... with that said, ban me, delete this message, edit this message, that is only proving that I am correct. Instead, try to defend yourself through words instead of simply trying to censor this. That would prove that what I have said is correct and that you are trying to only let muslims read the things you want them to read. Bring the heat.

PS: i am not an uneducated american slob that is out to bring down Islam

for the kid who said as jesus said himself in the bible jews are the most ungrateful lot... u must be pretty uneducated

comeon man... everyone knows jesus was a jew himself

he was commenting on his people

just like i can say americans are gluttons, does that mean im bringing the whole race down? no, it means im commenting on a flaw in society that i happen to be a part of and would like to be changed

Agreed...the Jewish and Christian bible also have violent statements within them

are you kidding me about Jews and Christians not enforcing the violent statements in their respective holy books?

do some historical research, the examples are as bright as the sun...

for the kid who said as jesus said himself in the bible jews are the most ungrateful lot... u must be pretty uneducated

comeon man... everyone knows jesus was a jew himself

he was commenting on his people

just like i can say americans are gluttons, does that mean im bringing the whole race down? no, it means im commenting on a flaw in society that i happen to be a part of and would like to be changed

Peace christian_Brother!

Jesus (on him be peace) was a Jew? Can you provide the evidence?

He was a Prophet sent to the Jews as they had formed their own religion and had completely changed the Message that Moses (on him be peace) had been sent with. The Jews worked against Jesus (on him be peace) and even tried to have him crucified, but Allah :D raised him to the Heavens, and He made it appear to the Jews that they had succeeded.

Peace out

"History makes it clear, however, that the legend of fanatical Muslims sweeping through the world and forcing Islam at the point of sword upon conquered races is one of the most fantastically absurd myths that historians have ever repeated"

oh sure,you forgetting about the ottoman empire and its genocide of the armenians plus the many other horrible things they did.

You could use a bit of googling. id suggest "ottoman conquests"

"History makes it clear, however, that the legend of fanatical Muslims sweeping through the world and forcing Islam at the point of sword upon conquered races is one of the most fantastically absurd myths that historians have ever repeated"

oh sure,you forgetting about the ottoman empire and its genocide of the armenians plus the many other horrible things they did.

You could use a bit of googling. id suggest "ottoman conquests"

Depends on what you look at in Google. I found (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_i-cias(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/e.o/ottomans.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_i-cias(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/e.o/ottomans.htm[/url] where the sentences

For non-Muslims it offered a better life and more security than Christian states up until the 18th century. For most of its inhabitants it had offered career possibilities. And it offered peace and relative harmony to all its inhabitants despite cultural and ethnic differences.

For your information, the Ottoman Empire was not Islam. It was an Empire, which had Muslim leaders and Muslim army, but there is a very big difference which the majority of westerners either do not understand, or wish to ignore.

Islam is not peaceful because constentinople is named Istambul?> Well if it is about conquering then what about the christian colonialism. the europe too is chrisitian like the ottomans were muslims!

and yeah you tell me why would someone kill himself to kill others??? are the jews of isreal the biblical prophets or what?

And hitler was also a christian and so was musiliny (pardon my spellings)!

no weight in your argument!

w/salaam

Hi 'Christian_Brother' ;

:D calm down.. :D i think we all understand the depression you feel about what had happenned to your close relative.. :D but I do also think that you've wrongly put the blame on Islam. It is not the religion my dear brother; its human flaws.. As Quran said: All the good things are from Allah, it's human who do the destruction. Allah has given all the guidance human needed (as you said - the theory), it's up to human then to act. Muslims have realize this all this time..that's why we are most likely able to face the harm of humans' hands. Please, try to get sources of information from both Muslim and non-muslim scholar. We are here to create a harmony environment, not to point fingers at each others.

Peace! :D

Hello,

I joined this board to find more about Islam and query based on its beliefs and actions.

I hear of tolerant and peaceful Muslims and yet I see only the hateful and conflicted.

What are your views on this? Why do people of your religion commit such horrible incidents in the name of your god? Why is it that you would feel differently and why is it that they're Muslim but Muslims come in the name of peace and you're Muslim but Muslims come in the name of hate? Are they using Allah as a cover-up for their misinterpretation? What reasons do they attain in believing this if it does not represent Islam? I understand that I'm coming on strong but these have been haunting questions that need answered. I trust I've come to the right place.

Hi

Welcome to the Forum.If u have questions u can ask in the Islam For Non-Muslims section.

In the meantime Some links i would like u to read:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_calltoislam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=29"]Who is Allah and What do muslims believe[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_sultan(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/articles/wmww.html"]Who must we worship Alone[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamworld(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/true.html"]The true religion of God[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.sunnahonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/ilm/dawah/0008.htm"]Why were u created[/url]

hello undertaker.

yes Islam is a religion of peace. 99.9% of muslims are honest, hard working, peaceful people. the other .1% are engaged in wars that were thrust apon them. they are the ones you see demonised on cnn. they are the ones whose families have been killed by israelis or americans. they are the ones whom are resisting the invasions by the west in palestine, iraq and afgahnistan. they are the soldiers whom see the abject poverty of their people. they see the smashed infrastructure of their countries. they feel the pain of families whom have lost their children to israeli and american bombs.

how can you condem these men and women for defending their countries? how can you blame them for looking to god in times like these? how can you blame them for interpreting scripture in a more agressive way? is it not the injustice that the moslem world is suffering at the hands of zionism the problem? it is not muslims whom have invaded anyone. these wars have been thrust apon them.

muslims are a peaceful people. Islam is a peaceful religion. you, undertaker (?) are judging a religion through the acts of soldiers. you concentrate on the .1% and ignore the 99.9%. that, in any language is either bias or ignorance.

Allow me to introduce myself in detail; not ignorant or bias. Lol, let's not name call? My name is Natalie, I'm an American, I'm 15 years old, and I have a few opinions up my sleeve. Stay tuned and keep perspective.

There is a basis/premise to be sought after and I'd like to have yours.

What does Islam stand for when its hypocrisy is utterly clear and profound? Are you yourself imposing that you agree with these absolute savaging barbarians that strap bombs to their children, abuse their women, which/and murder countless numbers of innocents in the name of Allah? You expect me to sympathize with them? You figure America had no right to infringe upon war when September 11th hit? You're putting the blame anywhere but Islam.

There is a cause and effect. What is causing this is not outside influence. The world is not out to get Islam but I can see that Islam is out to get the world. If these people come in your name and underneath your defense they are Islam.