Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Excalibur

Keeping Fresh Breath

I was wondering what u could do to keep ur breath fresh during ramadhan (while u are doing it). Yes u can brush but u cant brush whole day right after having a meal and i know chewing gum or mint is not allowed, i was wondering how everyone else is dealing with this?

Thanks.. :D

PropellerAds

:D

The only way I guess you could keep your breath fresh is by washing your mouth out many times throughout the day. I read somewhere that our beloved Prophet (SAAS) used to clean his teeth with a Miswak numerous times throughout the day whilst fasting. I believe it was reported by one of his wives.

Other than that don't really know! :D

Eliza

Asalam allekum,

You can still brush you teeth but without the toothpaste ofcourse, wash it with hot/warm water only, make sure after Sahari that you rinse your tongue out well aswell, besides that before sahari you should thoroughly brush and floss to avoid bad breath...

Assalamu Aleikum

As a reminder, I would like to add that the bad breath is beloved by Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala more than the scent of musk. Remember that Musa aleihi salam was instructed to fast for 10 more days because he cleaned his teeth to get rid of the bad breath. Instead of 30 days he fasted 40 days.

The smell is loved by Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala.

Salam

Assalamu Aleikum

As a reminder, I would like to add that the bad breath is beloved by Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala more than the scent of musk. Remember that Musa aleihi salam was instructed to fast for 10 more days because he cleaned his teeth to get rid of the bad breath. Instead of 30 days he fasted 40 days.

Salam

What? are u kidding me? Where do you get info like this from? Who says Allah loves bad breath? I think that's completely erroneous. The prophet may peace be upon him used the miswak for many reasons and one being to dissipate bad breath.

Assalamu Aleikum wa Rahmatullahee wa Barakatu

Sahih Bukhari

Volume 3, Book 31, Number 118:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Fasting is a shield (or a screen or a shelter). So, the person observing fasting should avoid sexual relation with his wife and should not behave foolishly and impudently, and if somebody fights with him or abuses him, he should tell him twice, 'I am fasting." The Prophet added, "By Him in Whose Hands my soul is, the smell coming out from the mouth of a fasting person is better in the sight of Allah than the smell of musk. (Allah says about the fasting person), 'He has left his food, drink and desires for My sake. The fast is for Me. So I will reward (the fasting person) for it and the reward of good deeds is multiplied ten times."

Volume 3, Book 31, Number 128:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Allah said, 'All the deeds of Adam's sons (people) are for them, except fasting which is for Me, and I will give the reward for it.' Fasting is a shield or protection from the fire and from committing sins. If one of you is fasting, he should avoid sexual relation with his wife and quarreling, and if somebody should fight or quarrel with him, he should say, 'I am fasting.' By Him in Whose Hands my soul is' The unpleasant smell coming out from the mouth of a fasting person is better in the sight of Allah than the smell of musk. There are two pleasures for the fasting person, one at the time of breaking his fast, and the other at the time when he will meet his Lord; then he will be pleased because of his fasting."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cleaning the teeth with Siwak

Volume 3, Book 31, Number 154:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "If somebody eats or drinks forgetfully then he should complete his fast, for what he has eaten or drunk, has been given to him by Allah." Narrated 'Amir bin Rabi'a, "I saw the Prophet cleaning his teeth with Siwak while he was fasting so many times as I can't count." And narrated Abu Huraira, "The Prophet said, 'But for my fear that it would be hard for my followers, I would have ordered them to clean their teeth with Siwak on every performance of ablution." The same is narrated by Jabir and Zaid bin Khalid from the Prophet who did not differentiate between a fasting and a nonfasting person in this respect (using Siwak).

Aisha said, "The Prophet said, "It (i.e. Siwak) is a purification for the mouth and it is a way of seeking Allah's pleasures." Ata' and Qatada said, "There is no harm in swallowing the resultant saliva."

Edited by muhsinmuttaqi

:D dea rmuslims

shayrgob, i dont think it refers to bad breath in general, but at the fact that the bad breath in ramadan.

sine this bad breath is due to a deed u r doing :D

Assalamu Aleikum

Salam

Yes! It is true! :D

What? are u kidding me? Where do you get info like this from? Who says Allah loves bad breath? I think that's completely erroneous. The prophet may peace be upon him used the miswak for many reasons and one being to dissipate bad breath.

Please dont be so rude about certain facts in the future, especially when you had no knowledge of the subject.

yeh, its true-Allah loves bad breath in Ramdhan

when u dont eat anything, the smell from inside your stomach comes out of your mouth-no matter how much you brush it , it will still be there

you are fasting for Allah, and when bad breath comes out-the smell of it is more pleasing to Allah than the smell of musk.

lol Allah loves the breath of a fasting person it does'nt mean he loves bad breath,u should have worded it differently

fasting breath dont nesscarily mean bad breath

salaam