Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Princess Mujahada

Death Date

:D

There were a group of men who were planning to fly (by airplane) somewhere the next day for a business trip. One of the men slept in, and so he missed the flight. That day the airplane ended up crashing and everyone in it died. The mother of the man who missed the flight was so happy he missed the flight (so that it didnt kill him) and went to tell him the good news. She went into his room and found him dead in his bed"

Subhan'Allah its a true story (maybe not exactly like that, Ive heard other versions) but subhan'Allah!

none of us know when our time is, but when it comes, no one can stop us from dieing subhan'Allah

"It is Allâh Who takes away the souls at the time of their death, and those that die not during their sleep. He keeps those (souls) for which He has ordained death and sends the rest for a term appointed. Verily, in this are signs for a people who think deeply." Qura'n 39:42

Volume 4, Book 54, Number 430:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Mus'ud:

Allah's Apostle, the true and truly inspired said, "(The matter of the Creation of) a human being is put together in the womb of the mother in forty days, and then he becomes a clot of thick blood for a similar period, and then a piece of flesh for a similar period. Then Allah sends an angel who is ordered to write four things. He is ordered to write down his (i.e. the new creature's) deeds, his livelihood, his (date of) death, and whether he will be blessed or wretched (in religion). Then the soul is breathed into him. So, a man amongst you may do (good deeds till there is only a cubit between him and Paradise and then what has been written for him decides his behavior and he starts doing (evil) deeds characteristic of the people of the (Hell) Fire. And similarly a man amongst you may do (evil) deeds till there is only a cubit between him and the (Hell) Fire, and then what has been written for him decides his behavior, and he starts doing deeds characteristic of the people of Paradise."

PropellerAds

:D an excellent post and reminder Muja. :D

:D for sharing. :D

Salaam. I'm finding this a little hard to believe, because what this means is that Almighty Allah has already decided for you if you are going to enter Heaven or Hell. Unfair is not one of Allah's 99 Names, so I'm taking this hadith with a grain of salt. The part about death looks impeccable to me though. Salaam.

SubhanAllah! Excellent story dear Sister! :D Fe Dunya Wal Akhira for the excellent reminder.

I'm finding this a little hard to believe, because what this means is that Almighty Allah has already decided for you if you are going to enter Heaven or Hell. Unfair is not one of Allah's 99 Names, so I'm taking this hadith with a grain of salt. The part about death looks impeccable to me though. Salaam.

How do you find this hard to believe? Everyone's time of death is recorded down, and not a second more can we delay it. It was this person's time to go, therefore how can it be unfair?

Which particular Hadith do you take with a "grain of salt"?

If Allah was not Merciful, not a single Human would be alive now with the sins that we have put forth. Allah gives us chances to the last second. When that time comes, those unfortunate to enter Hell had enough time on Earth to change, therefore how can it be unfair when Allah can forgive one who turns to Him in true repentance and such a Man will be like one who did not sin at all?

Praise be to Ar-Rahman, Ar-Rahim.

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:

http://hstrial-besmail.homestead.com/Islam.html

I don't get it. Is the story saying that the date of death is confirmed not how you die? Thats not true because Allah know when and how we die, not just the date. Please explain the story and subsequent aya please.

Edited by Sallahudeen

SubhanAllah! Excellent story dear Sister! :D Fe Dunya Wal Akhira for the excellent reminder.

How do you find this hard to believe? Everyone's time of death is recorded down, and not a second more can we delay it. It was this person's time to go, therefore how can it be unfair?

Which particular Hadith do you take with a "grain of salt"?

If Allah was not Merciful, not a single Human would be alive now with the sins that we have put forth. Allah gives us chances to the last second. When that time comes, those unfortunate to enter Hell had enough time on Earth to change, therefore how can it be unfair when Allah can forgive one who turns to Him in true repentance and such a Man will be like one who did not sin at all?

Praise be to Ar-Rahman, Ar-Rahim.

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:

http://hstrial-besmail.homestead.com/Islam.html

Salaam. Did you actually understand what I said? I found the and whether he will be blessed or wretched (in religion) part of the hadith to be hard to believe. Impeccable means flawless, which means I agree with the time of death part of the hadith (and the sister must have confused time with date). Salaam.

Jazakallah khair for the reminder sis Muja. :D Certainly is something we should remember more often.

Asaslamu alaikum

Predestination, I think the brother means, do we have really have freewill or is everything decided for us already?

Assalamu alaikum

Our future isn't decided for us but known by God. God knows what we shall do even before we think of doing it. Humans have been given the ability to choose and shall be judged according to our choices.

Ma'assalama