Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
alot2learn

Is Watching The Message Allowed?

Assalam o Alaikum to everyone,

I wanted to know whether it is allowed for us Muslims to watch the movie....The Message....the one which is abt the life of Hazrat Muhammad (S)??? I have heard from some people that it is not right to watch any movie which depicts prophets. However on the other hand i have also heard that if you r watching to get a better understanding and knowledge then it is not bad......please help me out guys cause im sooo confused.....should i watch it or not??? :D

PropellerAds

:D

Right. I personally do not believe it is right for anyone to act like Companions or Prophets on tv and would be sinful. Reading is enough.

The best people were the Companions and Muhammad :D, yet they required no acting or movies to strengthen their Iman nor they needed movies to increase their understanding and quantity of knowledge, yet they were the most knowledgeable people.

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html[/url]

Right. I personally do not believe it is right for anyone to act like Companions or Prophets on tv and would be sinful. Reading is enough.

The best people were the Companions and Muhammad :D, yet they required no acting or movies to strengthen their Iman nor they needed movies to increase their understanding and quantity of knowledge, yet they were the most knowledgeable people.

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html[/url]

I disagree with you, how about non-muslims, don't you think it's a lot easier for them to see a movie like the message (great production by the way) rather than reading a book. same with the movie kingdom of heaven, a lot of people think of arabs and muslim as barbaric, but this movie showed how true muslims are like Salaheldin....

Sister Alot2learn asked about 'Muslims' and Bro Mu'maneen answered her question. He didn't mention anything about it benefitting (or otherwise) non muslims bro.

Yes, it might be useful for the non-muslims to understand through their own way of understanding, i.e. Movies. But as Muslims, its not necessary to turn to movies to gain any knowledge when there are other ways, Insha'Allah.

Eliza

Assalamu Alaikum, If someone asked for my opinion, I personally would not recommend any of my Muslim brothers and sisters to watch the movie, and I would not even recommend non Muslims to watch it, because it does not convey the whole message, and like Br. Mu'maneen mentioned, they do not portray the image of RasoolAllah Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam, but they do have the Hollywood actors acting the character of the beloved companions Ridwanullahul Ajmaeen.

I have to admit i saw a few scenes of the movie The Message at one of my friend's house. We were sitting in the room and her young children were watching the movie, and I got involved in it too ( proves how the environment has an effect on you) for probably 10 minutes max, and those scenes got stuck in my mind Astaghfirullah.

To this day when I read something about Sumayyah RA, Hamza RA., Bilal RA, .... . I see those images of the actors who played their characters in the Movie. some of you may think, what's wrong with that, I think everything is wrong with it, I don't think my beloved, pious elders looked like that, AND IT IS MY FAULT THAT I SAT THERE AND SAW THE PARTS OF THE MOVIE, I don't blame anyone, but I can atleast make others understand.

Reading books gives anyone more indepth information about any subject be it relegious or otherwise, and you can read it again and again.

Assalamu alaikum.

Salam

I nice khutba of the Imam can be much more effective than a movie. I personally did not need a movie to decide to become a Muslim. It is the Muslim Community and brotherhood that made me convinced.

Yes, sometimes movies gave me some inspiration on the way to Islam. For example, before becoming a Muslim I watched a movie about Odysseus. This movie was one of the steps toward Islam although the movie itself does not have to do anything with Islam. It was about Greek Mythology but there was one sentence or saying that rocked my faith to that point. Someone says "The human being is nothing without the gods". I did not like that they said the plural from of god, so I changed it into "The human being is nothing without God". During the night I could not sleep. I was thinking about that sentence. I played a game with that sentence. I said: "Human beings are nothing without God. I am nothing without God. Animals are nothing without God. Plants are nothing without God. The earth is nothing without God. The universe is nothing without God. Adam is nothing without God. The Angels are nothing without God. The devil is nothing without God." Then I went through the prophets saying "Moses is nothing without God. Abraham is nothing without God." When it came to Jesus I was sweating to say it but I said "Without God Jesus is nothing. Without God Christ is nothing."

This influenced me toward Islam.

However, I don't think that movies are good enough to learn about Islam. It can give some impression. However, I imagine thinking about Abu Bakr and the other companions and having one of the faces of the actors in mind. I used to watch movies about prophets such as Moses and other prophets aleihi salam. The face of Charlon Heston is still in my mind when I think about Musa aleihi salam and I think that it is not healthy. How can we compare the actors with Musa. Musa was not an actors.

How can the Message, the Qur'an, be portrayed in a movie. How did they act the Night Journey and Ascension of Muhammad sallallahu aleihi wassallam?

One time there was a documentary film about bedouins in the desert. They showed how they live and how they practice their religion. I was very nice. Movie cannot show what real life shows.

Bsmillah hirahman irahim

Asalmualakum

I have seen the movie and I think the brothers and sisters make a particulary good point about the images getting stuck in your head.

Hence, it's probably not necessary to watch it. Besides, Some major scenes in the prophet's (s) life are missing, so you won't get the full impression. Although, the major characters like Mohammad (s) and Ali ® are not shown. Even so, over time you forget what you've seen because the movie goes by too fast to take to heart.

This is the problem with the christians, they overuse their image of jesus so much that you end up getting cartoons and shows that make fun of him, and symbolizing him in different ways.

However, do you guys think it would be ok to watch for a quick historical reference?

asalaamu alaykum

Portraying the Companions of the Messenger is Mockery and Revilement- and on top of it, it has a kafir playing Humza(Rahimahullah)

Read below

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.troid(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/articles/fataawaa/comprehensive/hindandhamzah.pdf"]Click Here[/url]

By 'The Permanent Committee for Islaamic Research and Fataawaa'

Translated by Hishaam Ibn Zayd

Assalam o Alaikum everyone....

Thank u soo much for replying to my question n yes as far as the images getting stuck in ure head tht thing is soooo true because at tht time when i was writing the question The Message was coming on national tv here.....soooo thts how the question came to my mind since my father was watching the movie......so in the middle i did sit down to watch a few scenes sooo i kind off now know wht everyone means by the images getting stuck to tht particular name.....and plus my father has alot of knowledge concerning Hazrat Muhammad's (S) life and hes done alot of research on many Ahadees going through their whole chain to check which ones are actually authentic ones....MashAllah.....soooo my father told me that many scenes depicted are not actually how things happened.....at the end i think that yes its a better option to read read n read :D p.s my father is compiling all the Ahadees he has come across and thinks that they come from responsibe sources sooo he might put them up in a website of his own.....hes working on it these days soooo whenever its done i'll tell u all about it..... :D May Allah take care of all of you.....