Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
zee

Tastiest Chicken Nuggets In Minutes!

Asalam-o-alaikum

try making these, they are so simple to make and so delicous you will never wanna try those from a take away and restaurants ever again, i promise!!

ingredients (serve 2)

1. 1 large chicken breast - sliced and cut into small 2 inch pieces (make sure the peices are not cut too thin or thick, they should be around an inch in thickness or little more)

2. 1 large green fresh chillie - chopped into fine pieces

3. Juice from 1/4 of a fresh lemon

4. 1 and 1/2 teaspoon of 'tikka boti' masala (if you dont have this, you can substitute with red chillie powder and garam masala)

5. pinch of salt and black pepper

6. breadcrumbs

7. 1 egg-white

cooking method

* add the chillies, lemon juice, masala, salt and pepper to the chicken pieces in a bowl. Leave to marinate for a good 3 hours, dont worry if you dont have time, you can still cook this straightaway, its just that giving it a few hours for the flavours to really soak in make it more and more delicious.

* put breadcrumbs on a flat large plate, and in another bowl, put egg-white intothis and put next to plate.

* take a chicken piece at a time and dip into egg-white first

* then transfer chicken piece to breadcrumbs, and roll the chicken until fully covered with breadcrumbs, place onto a clean large plate

* continue this with rest of pieces and then deep fry in oil for 2 minutes or so, they should be a lovely crispy golden brown colour, take out and serve with sauces of your choice, spicey ones are best!

there you have it!!

ENJOY!!

:D

Edited by zee

PropellerAds

:D Sis

JazakAllah kair for sharing that really nice recipe. Insha'Allah will try it soon. Would just like to ask you something. :D Do you not have trouble ensuring the egg coats the chicken evenly? :D As in turn the breadcrumbs will not stick nice and evenly either, right? :D

I will try it though Insha'Allah! Sounds delicious. :D

JazakAllah kair sister. :D

With duas,

Eliza

:D Sis

Do you not have trouble ensuring the egg coats the chicken evenly? :D As in turn the breadcrumbs will not stick nice and evenly either, right? :D

JazakAllah kair sister. :D

With duas,

Eliza

Asalam-o-alaikum sis

not at all, one egg-white is enough to coat peices of chicken cut from one chicken breast, so if you are using 2 chicken breasts then use 2 egg-whites. If you are cooking from more than 2 chicken breasts then i suggest you just pour the eggwhite in, mix really well so all chicken pieces are well coated and then roll them in breadcrumbs. usually you tend to see no chicken protuding from anywhere. just a nice wholesome coating of breadcrumbs. I use 'golden breadcrumbs' which you can buy at any supermarket or your local shop.

let me know what you think once you cook them!!

wasalaam :D

I made it! But made some small changes too, however it was truly gorgeous Masha'Allah! I made it for Iftar today! All my family came over so it was extra nice. :D

I used a chilli Batter rather than the breadcrumbs and it came out really nice and crispy. Yuum. Also used Peri Peri Extra Hot sauce in the Batter which made it sour and hot! :D

JazakAllah kair for your recipe sister. Never going to buy the southern fried chicken from fast food restaurants again!

Eliza

:D sister

thats great! i bet that tasted yum scrum! thats the beauty of such a simple recipe, you can manipulate it to your taste using virtually anything! and it goes best with chillie sauces too. im glad you liked it...watch out for some more to come!!

ws