Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Soldier of Faith

Question That Has Indeed Been Bothering Me..

I have searched the answer on this forum but have come up with nothing. As you all know Im new to the forum, but I have one simple question to ask of you at this time. I have been searching and browsing various net sites, and all speak of this... paradise filled with 72 virgins, if you become a martyr. Forgive me if I sound ignorant I know not the truth, I wanted to come here before I started making judgements. Is that true?

I do know Islam condemns the act of suicide.. but the current actions of today are quite puzzling. Please enlighten me.

PropellerAds

As-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu

Yes, these are the "hur al ayn" mentioned in the Qur'an several times.

Read more here:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.livingislam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/fiqhi/sp2-gfh_e.html#9"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.livingislam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/fiqhi/sp2-gfh_e.html#9[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.livingislam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/fiqhi/sp2-gfh_e.html#59"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.livingislam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/fiqhi/sp2-gfh_e.html#59[/url]

W'as-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu

Asalamualaikum wa rahmatulah wa baraketuh,

dear brother Syriankid, maybe I am wrong but I think that the brothers question leads more in another dirction: What is the ruling for suicide in our days - some of the bombings are suicide attacks but the people who die there are called martyr. Corrrect me if I am wrong but I think this is what Soldier of faith actually wanted to ask.

Wa alaikum salam

:D

Allah :D told us in the Quran that those who commit suicide will go to hellfire. There is no exceptions mentioned whatsoever, so clearly suicide bombers are not martyrs. Not only that, but they will be held accountable for any civilian casualties that they caused during their suicidal bombing.

A martyr is a Muslim who dies in war by the hands of his enemy while trying to defend his land against the enemies of Islam.

I just wanted to add that the number 72 is there for "kathrat" meaning to show there will be a lot...there may be more than 72, Allah Ta'aalah knows best.

Allah told us in the Quran that those who commit suicide will go to hellfire. There is no exceptions mentioned whatsoever, so clearly suicide bombers are not martyrs. Not only that, but they will be held accountable for any civilian casualties that they caused during their suicidal bombing.

I do not want to cause any Fitna or arguments here, but just wanted to make a very important point. :D

First of all we cannot judge the death of any Human Being and claim whether or not they are Martyrs, as Islam there is the belief of fighting the Greater Evil with the Lesser Evil. The person dies with the intention within the heart, therefore since we do not know how the person dies with such intention, there is no way we can say "so and so is not a martyr."

According to the Hadith that you are relating too, such death dieing under suicide is related to people who die with the intention to undergo suicide rather than any other intention.

We are actually warned on claiming who goes to Hell, so let us leave that to Allah to decide rather than deciding who are real Martyrs. Remember that all Humans together have one Mercy. Allah has 99 more Mercy's than all of ours put together, so lets not decide how Muslims in oppressed lands should act and lets not judge them Inshah'Allah. Let us have a nice Ramadan and prepare for our death rather than wasting time and judging those who are dead.

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html[/url]

the 1 who commits sucide takes his life for a selfish reason,

the 1 who commits matrydom opperations does not take his life for selfish reason but for the cause of Allah.

there is no sufficiant evidence to say that it is haram.

Assalamu alaikum

(this is random btw) Do you think that hur al ayn are of different nationalities/appearance or are they one "type"?

Doesn't hur mean "companion" and is not gender specific?

Salaam'Walaykum

I think i have posted on this topic before, their is strong evidence on both sides of the spectrum, but my personal opinion from the information i have gathered is that it is permissable at certain times. Also i am very much against these Kufars term that some Muslims fall into the trap of also using "Suicide Bombers." The Kufar are the ones who envented this title and we Muslims perpetually follow their lead.

"O ye who believe!... [do not] kill yourselves, for truly Allah has been to you Most Merciful. If any do that in rancour and injustice, soon shall We cast him into the Fire..." (Qur'an 4:29-30).

This is the ayah some people tend to use. Allah clearly says out of Injustice and in rancour...Do the martyrdom operations happen to kill themselves in rancour and to make their misery come to a halt?

Most deffinately not, it is carried out with the soul intention of killing the enemy and is used as a last resort where the Muslim have very little weaponary (This is the case in most occupied lands, as we have puppet rulers and are very much disunited)

InshAllah we should safe guard our tongues...or in this case fingers...before making provocative comments and Takfeer on other Muslims, this is very very dangerous. (Astaughfirullah...I myself used to do this out of ignorance, but AlHamdulillah have come to realise its dangers, and now refrain from such blasphemy).

Assalamu alaikum

(this is random btw) Do you think that hur al ayn are of different nationalities/appearance or are they one "type"?

no means wide eyes.

Assalamu alaikum

They may not be a "race" after all. Remember, if one of them showed their hijab to the world, the world would illuminate more than the sun would illuminate the world. Who knows what they look like? Their skin color might be a color we don't perceive in our minds.

Its like trying to describe the color orange to a blind person; you just can't.

The Hurs of Paradise are a speacial creation, though the women of this Earth who enter Paradise will be increased in more beauty and attraction than the Hurs.

Their skin color might be a color we don't perceive in our minds.

They do have a colour that is described in Tafsir of Quran, and :D I will post it up later if I have time. :D, though similar to what you have said, there beauty will be beyond imagination, Mashah'Allah.

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html[/url]

^^^^

there is a hadeeth by Um-Salma, something to the effect that Rasulullah :D said that to her that the hoors compared to the Muminah women in jannah will be like the inside of a pillow. (the outside of a pillow looks better than the inside)