• I have a TV and only watch Islamic Programmes
    • I have a TV and only watch programmes that are islamically permissible
    • I do not have a TV
    • I have a TV but hardly ever watch it
    • My children wont be allowed to watch TV
    • I have a TV but want to get rid of it
    • Other [Please State Below]

:D

ok, i hope the polling options come up....

anyways, this poll is about the TV

which option best describes your view..

and if u vote in Other then please state your answer, (if u you want)

hehe..sorry about all the options..i hope they do come up...

there's actually an option...that i cant quite put my finger on....anyways, i hope ive covered the relevant views...

Jazak Allah khairun

PropellerAds

i know....i dont understand why they dont come up any more?

if any mod can retrive them, then that would be great...

ok, i'l try & write the options here's...i cant remember them all but...

1)I have a TV and watch most programmes

2)I have a TV and only watch Islamic Programmes

3)I have a TV and only watch programmes that are Islamically permissible

4)I do not have a TV

5)Boring topic

6)Serious topic

7)I have a TV but hardly ever watch it

8)My children wont be allowed to watch TV

9)I have a TV but want to get rid of it

10) Other (please state below)

Poll Added.. Not sure what use the Boring Topic and Serious Topic options were off? If you still want it, I can add it. :D

We have a TV, but I hardly ever watch it. Most of the programs are complete junk and sickening. When there's somethin interesting on I watch though... :D

Assalamo Alaykom,

Third option.

In addition to the Islamic programs, there are some benificial and entertaining programs and News. This is what I watch on TV

I have a TV and I watch loads of documentaries and of course news too.

Apart from that I watch two shows... The Apprentice & Over there. The apprentice so that I get tips for how to suceed in projects, setbacks etc. And I watch over there to see what kinda propaganda the west is showing.

i voted for the 4th option..alhamdulillah dont have a t.v. :D ...we got rid of it last ramadhaan alhamdulillah :D ........although i must say there CAN be some interesting documents on :D

khumara

Firstly....Jazak Allah khairun sister mm_ca04 - (i still dont know why the options didnt come up..) hehe...its good you left out the other 2 options.

MashALLAH[at]the results...

i really didnt think so many would vote for the option of "I do not have a TV"....SubhanALLAH...

I do have a TV...but only watch Islamic programmes....and some animal documentaries-i sometimes watch the news, but im not too keen on it.

Anyways...i can on for days without watching TV...

for some, i know it can be an addiction...but the worse thing is....it could even lead to 'TV binge'- watching several episodes continously...Astaghfirulla.

Just think about life without TV....more people would be healthy and fit, time will be used more wisely..etc

Hmm I don't have a TV but I always live with people who do. I watch maybe 1hr a week, total. That's typically news or 10 mins of a program. Maybe 4 times a year I will watch some movie...that's about it.

AS

i voted for the 4th option..alhamdulillah dont have a t.v. ...we got rid of it last ramadhaan alhamdulillah :D ........although i must say there CAN be some interesting documents on

I also voted for the fourth option, :D .

:D ! :D ! What a coincidence......I also got rid of the TV last Ramadhan. :D

I don't think that the TV offers that many interesting, educational progams so its best to stay away from it (my opinion).

Asalaam Alikum

I have a TV in my bedroom which I hardly ever watch. My downfall though is the DVD player on my PC and my stupidness in buying films and tv comedies to watch on it!

I mean, I do watch TV but just news, docs, and the odd tv drama. Oh and a horror film if there's one on!

Salaams

:D 38% people do not have a TV or maybe its that people do consider it so bad that they are not willing to publicise it.

I left the TV almost few years ago.. and picked up computer as a fulltime partner. then my wife came and I had to divorce the computer too. :D

We have a TV, but it's a little one with only 3 channels... now and again I watch the news, but not that much else. We don't have any Islamic programs!

I think though, if you can't control or stop yourself from watching unislamic material then the best thing is just to have no tv at all, but yet again you could say that for things like the internet too.

It's complicated.

Edited by MaryamM

i have the TV....only the 2 saudi channels tho.....so i only watch the (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_m000.html#Makkah"]Makkah[/url] prayers and some Islamic video tapes.....nothin else

Aslaam Alaykum

we have three t.vs at my house. I think I spend a good deal a day watching tv :D probably about 3 to 4 hours of watching shows.

Edited by Hope_And_Fear

What is a Tv?

What is a Tv?

Here comes the philosopher. :D

I watch the news, anything to do with politics and current affairs, documentaries and Islamic programmes.

we dont have a tv at home...sometimes we watch some stuff on our computer though..like about muslims in chechnya etc.

Asalaamu Alaikum

We have a TV but I hardly get the time to watch it , too busy however I do watch documentaries, stuff on Islam, Politics and history oh and the news.

Walaykum Salaam

do yourself a favor! sell your TV now!

Selling it will make no difference :D ...chucking it out, or using it for the benefit may be 2 other alternatives.

We do have a TV... but i hardly watch because 1) I simply don't have time, 2) there's practically nothing interesting on it except the Amr Khled Episodes on A.R.T variaties broadcasting everyday in Ramadan and once a week in other days.

My situation with the TV is simillar to brother slaves'

Fee amanilah.