Islamic Forum
ummammaar

Islam in South Africa

PropellerAds

:D

South Africa has a lot of muslims and it is a beautiful place......................

i miss south africa so much

bye

This topic is already being discussed here:

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=2091"]South Africa[/url]

Please continue topic in link provided by sis ummammaar. ^^^

Jazakallah khair. :D

:P

i am from South Africa..........South africa has a lot of muslims and i love the feeling over there when there are so many muslims around you.........................it is a very beautiful place.......there are many masjids over there. cape town has many muslims.

bye

Durban and JB also have large Muslim communities and lots of Masjids alhamdulillah. :D And many of the Muslims there are also becoming hafez's and alims as well.. :P

Brother Sayyid, do you mean are there a lot of Pakistani's in South Africa? If thats what you meant...Yeah, there are quite a few Pakistani's moving to Durban to do business and stuff. :P

Slmz

Guys Im feeling homesick now!! People that come from Eastern countries directly to western countries like Canada and States don't know what kind of royal kings lives we lead!! It was awesome life In Africa, I remember going to the malls in Cape town and the wonderful muslim and non-muslim alike...simply awesome....*sighs* My grandfather made a very good choice moving from India for his generations to settle here, India is also cool but South Africa rock yo!

Who can forget Johburg and Durban and Pretoria, Benoni.

Sister mmca 04 are you from South Africa? That would be awesome if you are!! Are you still there??

Yup, I'm from there, however, I'm not living there. Right now I'm in America, born and raised here. But my parents lived most their lives in Durban, and I spend a few summer vacations there as well. :D And all my family is there as well.

asalamu alaikum

can i just post in here?

just let ya know from what i know, south africa is one of the worst places to be for a muslim in this day and age. im talking from stories i've heard from relatives over there.

it seems like the blessing of wealth which Allah is giving them is not being used in the correct manner. there maybe alot of muslims and Masjids, loads of makhtabs and madresa's but the scoiety over there is corrupt.

it aint much better here in the UK but make dua Allah rectifies the ummah worldwide!

I don't disagree with you one bit brother D-ZiNeR. Unfortunately, the people running the madrassahs really have done more harm to the students than good. My own cousin was becoming a haafiz there, and he himself told us he'll never send his kids to a madrassah unless he wants them to come out messed up. Wallahi, I'm not lying at all about this.

May Allah SWT guide our ulema and all Muslims towards following the Quran and Sunnah in every aspect..

You have not been there and you just heard from relatives, that is not the majority of people....Would you elaborate more why it is bad...

Brother Musafir, I have been there.. My brother lives there, And my cousin lived in the madrassah for over 3 years... So I do know what I'm saying.

I'm not insulting South Africans...I'm only stating what manny people have gone through...! :D

If you want details though... Give me a PM/e-mail and you'll get the story in full. :P [i'm not hiding anything, but I'd prefer not to state certain personal issues over the internet for everyone to see...]

Edited by mm_ca04

*edit* "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?&act=Mail&CODE=00&MID=3818"]Click here to e-mail me. :D[/url]

Edited by mm_ca04

Salaam

Greetings all from a former Capie. That is what the locals calls people from Cape Town.

Yes RSA has a fair share of muslims and can be quite a nice place, though one must not forget that some of the worst crimes are done there by muslims. This is really sad.

Stop generalising....Crime is committed everywhere. Its unavoidable and yes some muslims who are not pious commit crimes..its all over the world. You cant just generalize!

Stop generalising....Crime is committed everywhere. Its unavoidable and yes some muslims who are not pious commit crimes..its all over the world. You cant just generalize!

Just stated a fact that some of the worst crimes committed in RSA are done by Muslims there. Is this true or not? Did not say all crime there are committed by Muslims, that would be generalizing.

Should I give some examples??? Like murder, rape , drug dealers, theft, assualt etc..

Yes it is true, these things occur all over, though it certainly occurs in RSA and amongst the Muslim population there.

How do I know this, Well I am from there and visit there often and have witnessed many crimes committed by Muslims there.

Lets hope the Muslim world will become leaders in good things that are generally, yes, that is accepted by the general public as good things.

For example, they are a people who can be trusted, dependable, reliable, sincere, honest, hard working, leaders in technology, leaders in sciencel, leaders in social help etc...

And Allah knows best.

Assalaamu 'alaikum,

Just out of curiosity, are the Muslims in South Africa immigrants that have settled there, or is that a proportion of the native population are Muslim?

Wassalaam.

Assalaamu 'alaikum,

Just out of curiosity, are the Muslims in South Africa immigrants that have settled there, or is that a proportion of the native population are Muslim?

Wassalaam.

In Cape Region there are the Cape Malays mostly. some tome back the dutch had colonies in Malaysia and South Africa. The Malays fought the Dutch and many leaders were posted to Cape Town as prisoners of war. Later slaves were taken from Malaysia to Cape Town as well. At first its was agaisnt the law to be Muslim in RSA.

Over time and much struggling Islam grew in Cape region and the muslims then imported people to teach them Islam. Some of these teachers came from Turkey, Arabia and other places. They brought with family members etc. and by intermarrying with malaysians the Cape region muslims grew in numbers. Later even some locals accepted Islam and even some europeans.

Hence, the Muslim, now in Cape region are quite a colorfull mix.

In Natal region we find mostly Muslims from Indian origin, you see UK had colonies in India and RSA. Yeah thats how Ghandi got there.

Indians were used as slaves or cheap labour in the sugar plantations.

Over the years there Islam grew and also some people converted or reverted to Islam.

As time passed Muslims in RSA then moved to various parts of the country and nowadys they can be found in most places.

Islam is also among the local inhabitant black people though only a small percentage, so hence most Muslims there cannot trace there origin to RSA if one goes back 350 or so years.

asalamu alaikum

can i just post in here?

just let ya know from what i know, south africa is one of the worst places to be for a muslim in this day and age. im talking from stories i've heard from relatives over there.

it seems like the blessing of wealth which Allah is giving them is not being used in the correct manner. there maybe alot of muslims and Masjids, loads of makhtabs and madresa's but the scoiety over there is corrupt.

it aint much better here in the UK but make dua Allah rectifies the ummah worldwide!

slmz....

well deziner thers no point in discriminating.........tell me who can be angels? we all prone to sin...........y u judgin the muslims of the country cos of a few that are bad.......well in a pocket of potatoes,ifs ders 1 or 2 dat are rotten,wud you say the entire pocket is rotten???

tell me things like these dnt happen in ur country?is it just our country alone dat have to judged?we dnt judge a book by its cover....im sure every country have its good and bad!

we ol make mistakes and with duas we try our ut most to rectify our sins..........rather look at the good of the muslims in sa.......do u realise and understand that the muslims of sa,alhamdulilah Allah has blessed them wit alot of wealth.........and its people like these who dnt just sit around hoarding they money............we SOUTH AFRICAN MUSLIMS (and im proud to say this) weRE the very 1st people to contribute to the tsunami destruction...............thes

are the hearts of south africans.........its ppl like these that dig deep into they pockets for the construction of masaajids and ullooms for the help of the poor and the needy.............

May Allah luk at the good of these ppl and forgive us for our short cumings and may he grant us ol the hidayat ameen

Assalamu'Alaykum

I love S.A. its very nice... I have been there and i went to the girls madressa in lenasia, i think there are 2 sides of the story as always. even thought its not a muslim contry you feel as thought it is brothers and sisters walking around with parda and beards. I loved the feeling Alhamdulillaah of course there is crime and there still is racism and all that but if u look at it from the Islamic perspective its gr8 i loved how the fast foods had to get the SANA stamp ( is that what it was called?) to be proven for halal food... I miss machacos and debonairs pizza and there AK 47 subs... :D

Ok but Madressa life i agree with sister mm_ca its really bad but i guess if you are sincere and there to please Allah then its good but i honestly wouldnt recomand anyone to go there. :D

anyway unfortunalty i didnt really get to see S.A properly because i was in Madressa the whole time and we couldnt get out much but when we did it was nice and the MALLS were MASHALLAH! tahts all i can say. i didnt even feel i was in Africa, there are LOTS of Indians mostly gujrati... i spent 2 years in S.A i would love to go back. and visit but i dont knwo if i would go back to Madressa though i left in my second year i couldnt take it anymore :D but overall Alhamdulillaah i went i was a life changing experence for me and i thank Allah for that chance.

Btw mm_ca your a Durbanite :D i heard its beautiful but never got to go see inshallah i will visit there... and capetown.

Brother Musafir dont take it to personal ppl will have different ideas and opinions. but i got your back. inshallah. B)

S.A ROCKS!

Edited by 3washey

Hehe, yeah, I'm a Durbanite. B) Cape Town is morrrre beautiful than Durban though. Although Durban end is more mountanous, and Cape is beach, innit. Nice. :D

I agree with you sis, it is a wonderful feeling to walk around and see women in niqaab/hijaab and men with beards and dressing like proper Muslims... And SANHA is great also. :D And the malls (at least in Durban) have salaah rooms. The outer life that you see is great. :D

But the thing is...when my brother and many others went to South Africa was cuz of the Madressah's. It was because of the religiousness the Alims/Alimahs (may Allah bless them) showed. They displayed a side that wasn't true, and that dissapointed me.. The only reason I don't like it is cuz I feel they've done an injustice. Madrassah life is not supposed to be like that, and its the duty of those in charge to reform. And they CAN bring a change, so why aren't they?

But then...I think they're not the only one's with that problem. I found out a few weeks ago of weird stuff happening in Pakistan's madrassah's too.. :D

And brother Musafir, I'm not picking on South Africans. My parents are South African, and my siblings were raised there, and my brother is living there. I don't hate the country or people, I just look at things differently then most South Africans. Most view it as the best country, and I simply view it as neutral. :D Not dissing them.

May Allah :D guide them, and guide us all, and have mercy on us.