Islamic Forum
Abdu-Rahman (Kai)

Islam In Finland

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_i001.html#Islam"]Islam[/url] arrived in Finland most likely in 19th century, during Russian-rule, after Russia conquest Finland from Sweden 1809. Muslims were Tatar-Muslims from Russia (Mostly from Volga/Siberia), traders.

Legend goes that couple Tatars were drunken and fell into sleep in cargo-ship, and when they woke up they were in Finland. Then they told other Tatars back in Russia that Finland could have good possibilities for tradeing, like in case of furs, and there came some hundreds of them. Now there is couple thousand Tatars in Finland, and they have Masjids for example in Helsinki.

In beginning of 1990´s situation in Somalia errupted into a bloody civil-war between different clans, local mafia-organisations, and whole country of Somalia were no more. No government, nothing. Famine and battle´s forced thousands of Somalians to become refugees, and thousands of them came to Finland too.

Scene of (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_i001.html#Islam"]Islam[/url] in Finland changed totally in short period of time, as Tatars (who look excactly like any other Finnish) were replaced as biggest Muslim-group by Somalians who are darker than night. Suddenly (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_i001.html#Islam"]Islam[/url] was visible in streets and public places, as Somalians were easy to spot as nearly only big group of black people in Finland (even with Muslim-outfits). (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_i001.html#Islam"]Islam[/url] was no more "hidden" in Finland, it were hitten straight on our faces (with all problems in cultural backrounds and difficulties in assimilitation in society). More Masjids were taken in use in all major cities. Also many Arabs and Kurdish people have came here after that.

Result has been increased amont of reverts, "converts", among Finnish-people. Even I found (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_i001.html#Islam"]Islam[/url] probably very much because of help (in wakeing up my interest) of my Somalian and Kurdish friends (who I got to know when I moved from Northern Finland into Helsinki). (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_a001.html#Allah"]Allah[/url] is great.

PropellerAds

I even put all those evidences from science/history/bible (leading me to accept (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_i001.html#Islam"]Islam[/url]) into my dawah-writing, that I wrote (mainly for christians). Ins (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_a001.html#Allah"]Allah[/url] I hope it could help people to found and understand (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_i001.html#Islam"]Islam[/url] (much better). Address for my writing is:

w w w .angelfire. c o m/moon2/(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_k001.html#Koran"]koran[/url]/

Edited by Abdu-Rahman (Kai)

Please notice that Masjids were not easy to find or to see before (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_i001.html#Islam"]Islam[/url] came to Finland by mass-immigration.

And even today Masjids are not allowed to give call for prayer, and they are not easily identified as Masjids fom outside. Usually Masjids are active in business-realestates and in old churches.

Anyway, Finland is full of Kebab and Pizza-places (and (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_m002.html#Muslim"]Muslim[/url] distribution is wide because of distribution-politics of government), so it is easy to find (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_m002.html#Muslim"]Muslim[/url] to tell where is Masjid.

Please notice that Masjids were not easy to find or to see before <!--WORD2URL-01-->(www.)"http://glossary/glossary_i001.html#Islam"]<!--END WORD2URL-01-->Islam<!--WORD2URL-02-->[/url]<!--END WORD2URL-02--> came to Finland by mass-immigration.

And even today Masjids are not allowed to give call for prayer, and they are not easily identified as Masjids fom outside. Usually Masjids are active in business-realestates and in old churches.

Anyway, Finland is full of Kebab and Pizza-places (and <!--WORD2URL-01-->(www.)"http://glossary/glossary_m002.html#Muslim"]<!--END WORD2URL-01-->Muslim<!--WORD2URL-02-->[/url]<!--END WORD2URL-02--> distribution is wide because of distribution-politics of government), so it is easy to find <!--WORD2URL-01-->(www.)"http://glossary/glossary_m002.html#Muslim"]<!--END WORD2URL-01-->Muslim<!--WORD2URL-02-->[/url]<!--END WORD2URL-02--> to tell where is Masjid.

As-salamualeikum brother

i live in finland to and alhamdulillah i just finished reading ur book all i can say is mashallah u have done a very good job !! Do u have more books in finish ?+

ma'asalam

Assalamu Alaykom

I didn't know where else to ask this.. I'm moving to another city, I need to know where is the masjid in there. Anyways, Masjids in Pori? Does anyone know? I have tried to find info from the internet but I haven't found anything! Thanks in advace. :sl:

Salaams

<!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->Islam<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> arrived in Finland most likely in 19th century, during Russian-rule, after Russia conquest Finland from Sweden 1809. Muslims were Tatar-Muslims from Russia (Mostly from Volga/Siberia), traders.

Legend goes that couple Tatars were drunken and fell into sleep in cargo-ship, and when they woke up they were in Finland. Then they told other Tatars back in Russia that Finland could have good possibilities for tradeing, like in case of furs, and there came some hundreds of them. Now there is couple thousand Tatars in Finland, and they have Masjids for example in Helsinki.

In beginning of 1990´s situation in Somalia errupted into a bloody civil-war between different clans, local mafia-organisations, and whole country of Somalia were no more. No government, nothing. Famine and battle´s forced thousands of Somalians to become refugees, and thousands of them came to Finland too.

Scene of <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->Islam<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> in Finland changed totally in short period of time, as Tatars (who look excactly like any other Finnish) were replaced as biggest Muslim-group by Somalians who are darker than night. Suddenly <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->Islam<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> was visible in streets and public places, as Somalians were easy to spot as nearly only big group of black people in Finland (even with Muslim-outfits). <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->Islam<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> was no more "hidden" in Finland, it were hitten straight on our faces (with all problems in cultural backrounds and difficulties in assimilitation in society). More Masjids were taken in use in all major cities. Also many Arabs and Kurdish people have came here after that.

Result has been increased amont of reverts, "converts", among Finnish-people. Even I found <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->Islam<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> probably very much because of help (in wakeing up my interest) of my Somalian and Kurdish friends (who I got to know when I moved from Northern Finland into Helsinki). <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->Allah<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> is great.

ALLAHUAKBAR!!!