Islamic Forum
ummammaar

Islam in UAE

:D

The UAE is a very rapidly developing country in many ways. Dubai is the fastest developing city I suppose... I don't mind Dubai to visit once every.... 2 months or so but I'd never want to live there. It's too busy and Westernised :D .

Lol 'Keeping Faith'... yeah, everyone always seems to know Dubai and nowhere else... that's the biggest tourist destination in the UAE I suppose.. I guess that's why. I went to Sharjah recently.. I'd forgotten what a beautiful city it is :D . But it must be pretty humid in the summer eh?

The thing I don't like about the UAE is it seems like an artificial place... maybe that's the wrong word. Everything is done for you, as a young adult here I don't feel that I have much independance.. or chance of doing things on my own like I might if I was living in another part of the world. Hmm... I don't know if I am making much sense, does anyone understand what I mean or should I just keep quiet? :D :P

:P :D

PropellerAds

asalamu alaikum

I was thinking of relocating there one day.........( in the not soo distant future) if things work out for me..........

now is this stuff i hear about racism towards non-arab people true?

and how about the weather........Is it hot like any african country or worse?

Bismillah ArRahman ArRaheem

As far as the weather is concerned, in the winter the weather is generally very nice alhamdu Lillah; not too hot, not too cold. However, in the summer... whoa you'd better watch out. Lol. Hmm, in the summer it is extremely hot. Many expatriates (non-Emirati people) leave the country in the summer. I have never stayed here for the whole summer but it is generally hotter than North African countries (I don't know about the rest of Africa :D ). Alhamdu Lillah we have air conditioners everywhere though so as long as we stay inside, we don't feel the heat so much.

Hmm.. I hope I've helped... although I don't think I have :D .

Is it hot like any african country or worse?

it is hoootttttttttttttttttttt (w00t) and i mean it we went there from somalia, i mean somalia was hot but nothing compared to dubai it was like we were thrown into a hot oven and when you enter the shops there its like youve entered a frezer and you go arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh B)

Edited by lailaha_ilalla

my dad's cousin live in dubai and he says that its realllllllyy hot there.

Asalamu alaikum

wow.........Now i'm getting scared........Maybe I should visit during the summer time and see for myself. When i left Somalia I stayed in a hotel the whole day while i was waiting for my flight....but i didn't go out. :D

Please keep on topic.

As the name of this section implies: anything not related to Islam or Muslims in this country is an off-topic post.

Feel free to start a new, separate topic to discuss whatever you feel like discussing, but not in this section please. Going off-topic is a violation of IF rules.

Thank you for helping us better organize IF. :D

:D Assalam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah

I'm Studying & Working in Dubai.. Its true tht Dubai is NOW NO MORE good place to live..

Everywhere prostitutes & clubs are there.. especially in DEIRA (Part of DUBAI) - It is kinda HUB of CLUBS & PROSTITUTES..

After converting to Islam, I rarely go to Deira as I truly fear Allah (SWT)..

Once I heard the Lecture of some Scholar.. he said tht wherever there is "Zinaah & Soo'd (Interest)" overflows in Community - there Allah's Ahzaab is HALAL.. Here 'HALAL' means tht Allah will brings NATURAL DISASTERs...

May Allah forgive our sins and give Taufeeq to our Dubai Sheikhs...

Atleast, SHARJAH is much better thn Dubai...

Jazaak Allah Khair!

Assalamu Alaykum

They're so interested in making the "biggest" and the "tallest" skyscrapers, hotels and malls, it's the hub of UAE, and obviously attracts the most tourists.

Isnt Tall Buildings yet another sign of Qiyama?

Assalamu alaykum

I dont know much about Islam inside dubai but what i can share is from my experiance about Islam in Dubai international airport was pathetic. i had stop off for 6 hours in Dubai international airport and i have discovered books written by western scholars "Radical Islam and Al qaeda" in duty free shops and wine off course.. ............its really unexpected having no Introductory Books about Islam in Dubai International Airport. :D

wassalam

Edited by Risalat

i have discovered books written by western scholars "Radical Islam and Al qaeda" in duty free shops and wine off course.. ............its really unexpected having no Introductory Books about Islam in Dubai International Airport. :D
Assalam Alaikum

This is wht going on in Dubai. Everyone (most of them) are going for Western Culture & adapting there qualities etc. They are forgetting Islamic Way of Life.

May Allah (SWT) protect them & guide them on the right path.. ameen

P.S. : DUBAI is no more right place to live for Muslims :D

The Arabs of Dubai are still strong muslims the reason they sell alcohol is because there are lots of tourists and they just gain money that way. You can also buy pork in Dubai but that is only for the tourists none of the locals eat it.

The Arabs of Dubai are still strong muslims the reason they sell alcohol is because there are lots of tourists and they just gain money that way. You can also buy pork in Dubai but that is only for the tourists none of the locals eat it.
Assalam Alaikum

Sister ^ ^ still tht is Haram :D

How you can be save from the evil, when you yourself selling thm ?? I'm studying with these guys (local Arabs) & only some of them are good Muslims.

May Allah (SWT) guide them on the right path.. ameen

Assalam Alaikum

Sister ^ ^ still tht is Haram :D

How you can be save from the evil, when you yourself selling thm ?? I'm studying with these guys (local Arabs) & only some of them are good Muslims.

May Allah (SWT) guide them on the right path.. ameen

Hmm you bring up a valid point!

Salam brothers and sisters.

I moved to Dubai as my husband has his business there. I have lived here for almost a year and we live in Sharjah which is very Islamic city with lots of beautiful Masjids and culture. However the arabs are Islamic and culture of Islam can also be found in Fujairah and Dubai. Yes Dubai city is very modern but that is to attract tourists and they do sell alcohol which is neccesity if there are tourists who expect it. However during the month of Ramadan there is no selling of alcohol. Alcohol is also sold in places in Pakistan which attract a lot of tourism not just Dubai.

There are Masjids and Islamic culture to see everywhere in Dubai, especially Sharjah cos the sheikh of Sharjah is well educated and takes his values more seriously. Dubai is a great place to live as well as come on holiday.

Just my thoughts

Islam is good in all countries , but not to the government nor the Islamic government , however it is good by the people , and the best people following Islam are the people of medinah in Saudi Arabia .

:sl:

Bismillah ( There is no 'bismillah' emoticon)

Brothels & Drug havens have infested all parts of Muslim world, why single out Dubai ?

All brothers & sisters certifying the Islamic traits of Sharjah will not be able to deny that Sharjah Police have regularly bursted drug gang and unravelled homicides involving prostitutes.

Both municipality governments seek wealth, prosperity and plenty of opportunities to make quick bucks and only difference lies on how they want to handle the consequences. Dubai is obsessed with wealth so much, it has not only accepted the decadent visitors as part of their life but also by providing avenues for their decadence. Worse is they mint money out of the 'services' offered. ( Don't they tax Massage centers mushroomed in Dubai ?)

Sharjah is grumpy about the consequences. It seeks wealth but it doesn't want problem. Ideally speaking thats alright, 'trying to strike a balance'.

To me, what is more interesting is that how we commoners view as vices of these Islamic cities.

We have cited Drug & Fornication as a problem. But not one has mentioned the interest & inequality prevalent in these cities . Sharjah is also not immune to these vices.

How 'Shurata/Anjad' favors arabic speaking population over non arabic speaking population even in trivial matters ?

How 8 - 6 Labors were forced to live in 8 ft * 8 ft room ? How UAE labor law actually protects the businessman and contractors ?

Hukuk ul Ibadah is denied as order of the day. Downtroddens are ignored in these Islamic countries.

And if UAE or Dubai has become beacon for the rest of muslim ummah, it would amount to rest of the muslim world partaking in their sins. It is high time muslims stands for the weaker section of this ummah as well as humanity.

Issue of significance has to take their space in discussion forums not the landscape of the city.

Any good came from Allah and all bad from me.

Salaam again.