Islamic Forum
ummammaar

Islam in Albania

:D

Anyone? I thought someone said that he/she is from there. If so, please share what you know.

PropellerAds

I also wanna learn more about Albania, My friend is from Albania, he is a muslim but he doesn't know how to read quraan, I wanted to know how Islam is there, strong or weak...

ÇáÓáÇã Úáíßã

im intrested to know Islam in albania too , is any1 from albania here ?

ÇáÓáÇã Úáíßã

im intrested to know Islam in albania too , is any1 from albania here ?

yep, i also wanted to know B) (w00t)

I also wanna learn more about Albania, My friend is from Albania, he is a muslim but he doesn't know how to read quraan, I wanted to know how Islam is there, strong or weak...

From what I know, Islam from your point of view (as practicing muslims) is weak in Albania, although people have been coming back to the faith more and more in the recent years. It is much like in Bosnia... it is very much secular.

there are many muslim in the balkans but they are not very practising this is due to a number of factors however the main factor being little or no imams around. the serbs killed many and banned relgious practises.

but alhamduliah i am seeing many many albanians starting to pratice with beards an all, i must say these people are very loving to fellow muslims. there were many occassions when i was running late for prayers these local albanians if they realise your running late always insist on driving you to the Masjid with them even when they have never met me...now thats brotherhood!

Edited by slave

Assalaamu Alaikum,

There have been some great scholars from Albania, perhaps the most famous one being the ‘reviver’ of the deen in our times, Shaykh Muhammad Nasir-ud-Deen al-Albaanee (rahimullah).

Was-Salaamu Alaikum,

Abu Suhaylah.

Assalamu alaikum brothers & sisters

Concerning the issue of drugs and prostitution it is a few miserable cowards that will be dealt with by Allah ishallah one day for their sins.

And your rather shallow attempt to make Slobidan Milosevic seem like a man that has been wrongly accused of killing and massacring thousands of ethnic Albanian Muslims goes unnoticed it is sickening how you can stand there and defend a brutal dictator but then again the Greeks are in the same league as him.

No that is out of the way I would be more than happy to inform anyone about anything that they want to now about Albania. Feel free to ask.

I am a practicing Muslim which in some case it is very hard to find in Albania after 40 years of a communist dictatorship that tore down Masjids and banned religious practice and people would be thrown into jail if ever caught doing other wise.

Ishallah people in Albania will take religion more at heart and start practicing their faith and stop going down the road of a westernised culture, which is most corrupt, and a degenerate one to say the least. Marshallah people are slowly practicing their faith and when I went to my country this year the Masjids were absolutely packed and ishallah it stay like that and more Masjids are built to accommodate more Muslims.

Edited by amani

I think somebody is mixing Albania and Kosova up here and trying to close worlds eyes with untruth stories....anndd ooops its Greek_Cypriot again the one who spreading untruth.... :D

Well, Albania for so many years was under communistic politics and wasnt allowed to practise Islam,,, but now,, alhamdulilah there are so so many brothers and sisters who do practise Islam and who study about Islam,,,

Islam is growing fast there,,in Kosova too....alhamdulilah

Yes, Albania is a good place to visit....

samira

Well, Albania for so many years was under communistic politics and wasnt allowed to practise Islam,,, but now,, alhamdulilah there are so so many brothers and sisters who do practise Islam and who study about Islam,,,

Islam is growing fast there,,in Kosova too....alhamdulilah

Yes, Albania is a good place to visit....

samira

Assalamu alaikum sister and may Allah reward you for such words of truth

Are you Albanian? And yes indeed Alhamdu l'Ellah more people in Albania are practicing Islam. I went there this year and I could see some women wearing hijabs Alhamdu l'Ellah. The beaches are wonderful and the people are so hospitable mashallah. :D

Edited by amani

soz i read your information and found out that you are albanian/kosovar. talk about slow.lolz

ti e praktikon Islamin moter?

:D brother,

Yes, Alhamdulilah I am born Muslim in Kosova, Alhamdulilah,,,,

MashaAllah,, people from Albania are very hospital, yes,, I also know some sisters who live in Kosova,, they are from Albania,, they came here for some months, and they are wonderfull,,

ti e praktikon Islamin moter?

ooopss, bro, :D , there is a rule for not using other language except english or arabic

*translation*

You practice Islam sister?

Yes, Alhamdulilah i do, i start practising since March 2004, and all my life inshaAllah

What about you? Do you practise? Since when?

May Allah take care of all muslims in the world

samira

Please keep on topic.

As the name of this section implies: anything not related to Islam or Muslims in this country is an off-topic post.

Feel free to start a new, separate topic to discuss whatever you feel like discussing, but not in this section please. Going off-topic is a violation of IF rules.

Thank you for helping us better organize IF. :D

Selamu aleykom.

Firstly I would like to take an excuse for my english.

I am an Albanian from Kosovo and I felicit you for this forum. May Allah give you all the goods.

The fotografy of Islam in the Albnia (including Kosova, Montenegro, and Macedonia) is not very bad if whe look thet what whe have passedthese 100 years. A very hard comunisem and war whith the serbs.

In Albania after dicator there are some renesances, especially of youth which are helping to make e new researchs. These tendences are in the risqe (like evry Islamic tendece) by the governament in which the premier minister is grecofil end a sort of comunist.

In Kosovo and in other parts of ex-Albania, there is maybe the same situation. There is a new air for Islam. Elhamdulilah. But firstly whe nead tu build the muslim minds and to clerify their objectives fore the futur. Also the muslim kler wasent very good in these times, and this is anotheer dificulty in raport whith others, becose whe most clarify that Islam dosent mean person or individ, that whe cannot juge Islam by the peuples but whe most juge peuples by Islam.

Whe hope that whe will have the help of God and His bless.

For the secon time I whould like to excuse for mu terrible english.

Selamu alejkum.

Assalamu alaikum brother and the sister that I have not replied to for some time. Have a good reason. Lol

Marshallah Islam in Greater Albania is growing at a very good pace Alhamdu l'Ellah that it continues.

I am really sorry that I am going of topic here but I was just going to say my private messaging does not seem to work why is that or how do you private message someone.

Me too I would like to make the same question like brother.

By the way my adress is arb84[at]hotmeil, I will be hapy te korespondent with you brothers and sisters.

Selam

my friend is from albania,he is muslim he told me that "our Islam is different than ur Islam".

they dont seem to practice the faith that much maybe due to the reasons mentioned

:D Assalu Alaikum Brothers and sisters

Im from Kosovo which was together with Albania some decades ago and I have many Albanian and Kosovan Friends here in the UK and wish to say that Kosovo and Albania have bad people and many good people like many other western and european countiries but elhamdulilah Allah has opened many hearts of many people in Albania and Kosovo including sisters and brothers. The main reason Albania and Kosovo was lacking in religion was because of the communist rule in the previous decades. As many Already know Communists did not allow the practising of religion.

Anyway, Insh Allah more people turn to the truth.

Assalamu Alaikum

Drilon :D

• Like 1

im albanian.......i wish i can answer the question ......but i havent been over there in years......but here in usa, connecticut .....alhamduillah we have many practising albanians here

• Like 1

Albanians, with a rich and unique history, once were quite large in number. At one time, in the 19th century, the Albanians were more numerous than the Serbs or the Greeks. Even so, the European leaders who have made boundaries have not always recognized their legitimacy as a people. In drawing boundaries, world leaders over the years have divided the large and cohesive population. At present Albanians are found in Kosovo, Macedonia and elsewhere. And they are now more numerous outside the state of Albania than those within. There are 3 million living in the state of Albania; 2 million living in Kosovo; and about one million in Macedonia and Montenegro. Additionally, there are some 200,000 Albanians living in southern Italy, many in the Calabria region. Due to almost half a century of isolation under communism, the Albanians of the Balkans are only now beginning to learn about one another.

The Illyrians founded an immense empire extending from Epirus, in what is now northwestern Greece, to the Danube and the Black Sea. They fought with great valor against the Romans for more than a century. Eventually the Romans conquered the whole of Illyria.

After the Roman conquest - in A.D. 9 - many Illyrian soldiers then fought in the Roman army and rose to high position, Dr. Juka related. "Illyrians who became emperors and viceroys include Claudius II, Aurelian, Probus, Diocletian, Maximilian, Constantius, Valens and Valentinian. Also one of the greatest of the early scholars, Saint Jerome, was an Illyrian. In Byzantium history, the Illyrians produced three of its greatest emperors: Constantine, who officially accepted Christianity; Justinius, who built Saint Sophia; and Justinian, famous for his Code of Laws."

While the Bosnian Bogomils had welcomed the Turks as liberators - The Albanians fought numerous battles against the Turks. However, after the Albanians were totally defeated - the conversion to (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_i001.html#Islam"]Islam[/url] have been in a way voluntary. There were Albanians who rose to high office with the Ottomans, becoming statesmen, reformers and scholars. Thus it might appear to some that their conversions were a means to gain high positions. The fact remains, however, that under the Turks the Greeks and the Armenians, too, held high positions while remaining Christian.

After 450 years, the Turks called a truce with the Albanians and granted them autonomy in the provinces of Shkodra, Janina, parts of Manastir as well as Kosovo. Kosovo was considered a part of Albania, so its history cannot be separated from Albania.

ÇáÓÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ Úáíßã æÑÃãå Çááå æÈÑßÇÊå ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜáÇã

I have a question and sobhan Allah I forgot the name of the 2 brothers from Albania great scholars of hadeeth they are very knowledgeable I forgot their names does anyone knows who I am talking about ???

I wish to know are they still alive?

Barak Allahuma feekom

SHEIKH NASIRUDDIN ALBANI was the best scholar at his time ...

read more : (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.famousmuslims(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/SHEIKH%20NASIRUDDIN%20ALBANI.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.famousmuslims(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/SHEIKH%20NASI...IN%20ALBANI.htm[/url]

and

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.albani.co.uk/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.albani.co.uk/[/url]

Edited by Muslim1988

SHEIKH NASIRUDDIN ALBANI was the best scholar at his time ...

read more : (www.)"http://famousmuslims#####/SHEIKH%20NASIRUDDIN%20ALBANI.htm"]famousmuslims#####

/SHEIKH%20NASI...IN%20ALBANI.htm[/url]

and

(www.)"http://albani.co.uk/"]albani.co.uk/[/url]

and the other one is Sheikh Abdulqadr Arnaut

Just a short info . Albania is a part of Islamic Conference but as others said Albania was isolated from other countries during Communist regime under the rule of Enver Hoxha. While the ottoman empire spread over Balkan during 15 to 19 century were only Albanians and Bosnian who accepted Islam not by force as westernes are trying to Impose that we were forced to accept Islam. Ottoman Empire before they came to Kosova they passed through Bulgaria but they were not riverted not even serbs,greeks,croatian,monteneg

oes,macedonians. Its really good to mention also this. After the war between Albanians and Serbs . United Nations send their Civil administration together with NATO troops ( for the first time together) and lot of misionary christians came to Kosova but this resuolted negatively for them because after this war Albanain muslims practice much more as before Alhamdulilah.

Bissmellah

Yes I was referring to Arnaut brothers, I know of sheikh Albni [RAhimahullah] I love his lectures Masha*Allah..

Dose anyone have any of the brothers Arnaut audio lecture online [a link]?

Barak Allahuma feekom