Islamic Forum
ummammaar

Islam in Albania

:D

U can read his bio..nearly [at] the end u have a few audios....

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.alarnaut(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.alarnaut(contact admin if its a beneficial link)[/url]

The volumes books he checked and published is just amazing ..May Allah have mercy on the shaikh

PropellerAds

Arnaut brothers,

The "arnauts" u are reffering to are not brothers ...any one from albania and the surrounding areas is called "arnaut" ( iam not albani or arnaut btw )

:D

brothers and sisters knowledgeable on Islam in albania, please contribute to the article in wikipedia: (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Albania"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Albania[/url]

under demographics, it mentions that albanians were forced to convert to Islam by the turks which is absolutely not true according to sound scholarships of thomas arnold and others. the article does not even mention any source. please mention good sources when you are contributing to the aricle.

peace

Hi guys,

I'm from Albania. :)

To tell you the truth, Albanian People are not into religious issues(though they are great people).

I haven't been taught to read Quran or any other saint book. :sl:

70% of the Albanians are muslims. I keep Quran at home, but i've never read it.

YOu want to know why??

Because, albanians think that these kind of books turn you into "something else"...i mean...into an obssessive religious person. Which may not be true. So that's why i've always been afraid to read Quran or anything related to it. Albanians believe there's someone above us, supporting us but they don't give any name to Him. So we simply call him God.

Quran/Bible, is never introduced to people at schools, or kindergardens. Quran/Bible is never mentioned in any place exept in places where muslims go and pray(sorry i don't know it's name in english) or in Churches.

When we watch different people walking down the street veiling their faces, we are shocked. Because it seems that that's the only thing they know...but we forget that they are normal people like us.

Also, the dad of my friend is too fond of Muslim Religion and everthing he says is related to this religion. So, this makes you think "better stay away from him and everything he reads".

So, it seems like they are not normal people, they have got a looots of habits(which may become boring)....and we think that these are the consequences of reading Quran/Bible.

I don't know how much this is true, though. I've got some fanatic muslim friends who are too obssesed by Quran or by Bible, and i'm afraid i become the same way(which i don't want to.)It seems like Quran/Bible/Religion is everything they know.

So most of the Albanians find religious issues boring, ridiculous, shocking, and non-sense. MOst of them don't believe in Heaven/Hell. They also don't believe in Allah's messengers and everything related to them.

They only believe in someone standing upon them, watching every move they make and believing in Him.(though some of them don't...but this is another issue).

But my grandparents think differently, they both believe in God(they call Him Allah) and they respect Ramadan or every other muslim day. :sl:

So, just like someone else said here: Muslimanism/Islam is too weak over here...because people weren't taught to care about their religion. :j:

If you've got questions, feel free to ask. :)

Because, albanians think that these kind of books turn you into "something else"...i mean...into an obssessive religious person. Which may not be true. So that's why i've always been afraid to read Quran or anything related to it.

:j: I understand fear why people are afraid to read quran because some people may not understand without proper teacher or explanation . With each verse we need to know context . Some christians simply say quran says "fight...." but when we read it in context it is verse for soldier of Islam fighting in self defense against disbeliever army dats y a good explanation book (tafsir) or teacher is necessary . We read some fighting verses in old testament of bible also. Along with quran you should learn hadith , "saying of our last prophet", because it will teach you many more good things like how to pray , good characters etc etc

When we watch different people walking down the street veiling their faces, we are shocked. Because it seems that that's the only thing they know...but we forget that they are normal people like us.
lol...wot is shockin in dat ... covering face properly like how mary is shown covering her head is basic form of hijab and if some1 veils her face it is much better

I've got some fanatic muslim friends who are too obssesed by Quran or by Bible, and i'm afraid i become the same way(which i don't want to.)It seems like Quran/Bible/Religion is everything they know.

if u mean by fanatic as preaching hate and extremism that is very bad . thats y we shud read hadith

Prophet Mohammed (SAW) said, "I warn you of extremism in the Religion for indeed those that came before you were destroyed due to their extremism in the religion."

Reported by an-Nasaa'ee (5/268), ibn Maajah (no. 3029), Ahmad (1/215, 347) with a saheeh sanad.

If u mean by fanatic as pious like 5 times praying , ramadan fasts , reciting quran etc then it is very good

Being a muslim and following last book after bible i.e. Quran and following the last prophet is the best thing

So most of the Albanians find religious issues boring, ridiculous, shocking, and non-sense. MOst of them don't believe in Heaven/Hell. They also don't believe in Allah's messengers and everything related to them.
:D i understand people just want to enjoy life partying, drinking etc etc ... and many ppl have taken religion as joke :)

Example in school when u dont work hard ...dont study ..enjoy watch movies etc. before exams what happens? You Fail in exam and wot is left just crying...

:D wishing that you had worked hard before

So same way being muslims we should work hard by being pious like praying etc being patient on what ppl say inshaAllah we will pass the exam of this life and in after life we will have good result inshaAllah :D

So, just like someone else said here: Muslimanism/Islam is too weak over here...because people weren't taught to care about their religion. :sl:

Well i guess if u see history pious ppl have always being less even before like during time of earlier prophets ...pious jews on original teaching of old testament were little then after jesus..pious christians on original teachings of jesus were also less as most of ppl starting following modified bible by paul and new doctrines like taking prophet as god etc and made worship just weekend business ..going once or twice to church :)... likewise true muslims sticking to proper quran and hadith are also less....but these things never discouraged pious ppl in all times

So i advice you just be patient with them dont argue or dont be afraid of them ... try your best in reading meaning of quran and hadith inshaAllah it will help u . Always seek refuge from satan before starting to learn quran " aauzubillahi minas shaytaan arrajeem"

Also try to watch some good good educational videos of harun yahya

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetharunyahya(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetharunyahya(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url] :sl:

Edited by mac111

sorry i can't quote the message...i don't know my internet's got a problem.

-regarding ther quran reading thing, yeah....you're right. Maybe a teacher is needed to explain things properly or a book which helps people get things correctly. But i don't think this would be enough. Maybe it has to do with the power of Quran...which makes people obey 100%. Maybe it's psicologically.

-regarding the veiling matter. you asked what is shocking. well...To me it is. i mean...why do they have to veil themselves?? there's no reason. :sl: the female is a beautiful creature and there's no need for her to cover herself. moreover...she can't wear what she wants and she can't even go to the beach. (when i say wear i don't refer to egstravagan clothes...because i hate them too. but i'm talking about normal clothes).

-when i said fanatic i meant : preaching hate and extremism. which i totally hate and don't agree with. and i'm sure that it;s a huge impact of quran/bible. that's the only thing they know. I'm not saying that it's quran's/bible's fault...(maybe it is, maybe it is not)

-no. you said it wrong. the fact that i don't believe in heaven/hell or in everything that's written in bible/quran doesn't mean that i love partying, drinking. If i go to a party, this doesn't mean i'm a bad person. and Albanians are not people who just party, drink etc. no...absolutely not. This is a matter of how everybody thinks of those sain books. that's all. it's a psicological matter. It doesn't have to do with the egstravagant way of living.

Let me tell you this: There's a singer i know.(he was born in Malibu, California). He believes in God, he's christian, he has read the bible, he belives in it and in heaven/hell...but...he used to take drugs and alcohol a few years ago. He started having an egstravagant way of living...and at the same time he prayed to God. So what does it mean?? Believing in bible's/quran's related things doesn't mean that you love partying or not. :sl:

Or me. I'm not the party girl..., i never get drunk...but i simply don't believe in something things written in those books.

:j: :)

by partying etc i meant to say it as an example for easy going i really didnt literally mean original partying.... i meant to say people dont care for religion they are easy going with religion they dont regard forbidden in religion as forbidden and other commandments in religion .

By the way do u believe in shahadah of Islam at least :sl: -

" there is no God but Allah and Mohammed is messenger of Allah" ??? no offense was just curious to know :sl: as u said u dont knw much about Islam ....

^^What i believe in, is God. Someone says His name is Jesus, another one says it's Allah. i don't believe any of them. His name is just God. and i don't believe in his messengers as well.

No one knows anything for sure.

:sl:

^^What i believe in, is God. Someone says His name is Jesus, another one says it's Allah. i don't believe any of them. His name is just God. and i don't believe in his messengers as well.

No one knows anything for sure.

sad to know that u are not a muslim yet :) ....for being a muslim you have believe that there is no God but Allah and Mohammed (peace be upon him) is messenger of Allah )

Also Jesus is not God he is also prophet of Allah like Mohammed (p.b.u.h)

just because your parents are muslim that doesnt make u muslim :sl:

Seriously what are reasons for u to come to this Islamic forum ? :j:

My sincere advice

1. You need badly first to take quran classes from some educated muslim teacher . The hadith classes etc

2. You need to learn the history of abrahamic religions differences between religion in order to recognise the truth out...why Jesus is prophet of Allah and why people who went astray take him as god ...otherwise you wont be able to recognise the truth u will end up thinking everything is same

--there's something you need to know. I can't become a real muslim just within 2 days...lol...

how do you expect me to do that?? lol....:)

anyway. to become a real muslim needs devotion..and devotion doesn't mean "reading what people say on forums..and yeah..now i'm a muslim.."

It just takes some time to become a real muslim/christian.

You know..? i've been living with my ideas for 19 years and it's hard for me to change them just within 2 days... :sl:

so you see? i've got to take my time

-- :D i didn't know it. i thought since my parents are muslim, i must be muslim too.

You know?? when i was little, i wanted to be a christian...but my parents said:"NO WAY...you are a muslim....because we're muslims..." lol....so maybe...they're wrong...

--reasons for coming here are :"knowing things i don't know regarding Islamism." but...knowing is different from accepting. :j:

The fact that i'm here, doesn't mean i HAVE TO accept everything written here. :)

--Thank You for your sincere advice.

--there's something you need to know. I can't become a real muslim just within 2 days...lol...

how do you expect me to do that?? lol....:D

anyway. to become a real muslim needs devotion..and devotion doesn't mean "reading what people say on forums..and yeah..now i'm a muslim.."

It just takes some time to become a real muslim/christian.

You know..? i've been living with my ideas for 19 years and it's hard for me to change them just within 2 days... :j:

-- :D i didn't know it. i thought since my parents are muslim, i must be muslim too.

You know?? when i was little, i wanted to be a christian...but my parents said:"NO WAY...you are a muslim....because we're muslims..." lol....so maybe...they're wrong...

--reasons for coming here are :"knowing things i don't know regarding Islamism." but...knowing is different from accepting. :)

The fact that i'm here, doesn't mean i HAVE TO accept everything written here. :)

--Thank You for your sincere advice.

:D ofcourse u cannot change in 2 days...:D u r rite knowing is not accepting , thats what I advice in your case you need additional reading on both christianity and Islam ...knowing the history how christianity came into being ... who was abraham (p.b.u.h) ? who was jesus(p.b.u.h) ? who was mohammed (p.b.u.h) ? how bible compilation was done ? Having knowledge of these first ....then get knowledge of Quran with proper guide ...... Having all these knowledge then you judge yourself between truth and false and accept what is right and reject what is wrong .

Well your parents cannot force u like dat , It is u who has to do comparative study as I mentioned above and decide what to accept and what to reject

Wish you all the best for yr studies :D

I pray that you find proper guidance :sl:

Thank You. :sl:

ps. i've heard muslims are not allowed to read bible.

is it true?

Edited by Elidicious

Thank You. :j:

ps. i've heard muslims are not allowed to read bible.

is it true?

nothin like that :) ....i did research on both bible and quran ....and their history on finally arriving that Islam is religion which has to be followed for salvation and success in hereafter :sl:

Both problem is in new bible there are so many false verses added by vicious people like st.paul :) which changed whole concept of christianity and sooo much confusion...dats y when last prophet came christians culdnt accept the last book quran because the entire concept of God was changed in bible :sl:

wow...it's just strange

to tell you the truth, i've heard(i don't know from who)..that Quran is more reliable than bible...:sl:

wow...it's just strange

to tell you the truth, i've heard(i don't know from who)..that Quran is more reliable than bible...:sl:

Even non muslim researcher were shocked when did research and compared with some old copies in tashkent and other places ages old...is still same WORD by WORD same in arabic ......

Problem was the new testament bible in process of getting translated to greek then english got changed delibaretly or undelibaratety by translators...but major swing in concept of God was bought by st.paul who suddenly claims to get some vision and tells that jesus told him to write in book so and so :sl: which itself contradicts with earlier teachings in bible.........I guess still u mite find some original texts of bible with Nazarene christians where still God being ONE and jesus being prophet is still maintained

it's strange how some people take the courage to change saint books...it's humilious and unfair

Dear Elidicious,

I am curious to know, is there missionary activity by Christians in Albania? I don't mean to create controversy here, I'm just curious.

[at]JC. hi, by the way my name is Elida. :sl:

Yeah there are some missioanry activities over here...but i don't know anything more than that.(as i'm not really interested in it).

so...that's all i know. :sl:....but hm...i can ask a friend of mine if you want some more informations.

When i get them, i'll post it here.

:j:

Dear Elidicious,

I am curious to know, is there missionary activity by Christians in Albania? I don't mean to create controversy here, I'm just curious.

majority albanians r christians rite ? y do u need missionaries to convert there ??? :sl:

[at]mac--no the majority of albanians are muslims.

--

-- :) i didn't know it. i thought since my parents are muslim, i must be muslim too.

--reasons for coming here are :"knowing things i don't know regarding Islamism." but...knowing is different from accepting. :sl:

The fact that i'm here, doesn't mean i HAVE TO accept everything written here. :sl:

You know..? i've been living with my ideas for 19 years and it's hard for me to change them just within 2 days... :j:

AS SALAAMU ALAIKUM / peace ELIDA

this is the traditional greeting of muslims :)

I think you are right when you say that since you were born into a muslim family , you are also a muslim.

ie you are legally a muslim and will be married in a muslim ceremony and when the time comes ( as it will for all of us on this earth) you will be buried in the muslim way. you ARE a Muslim in the eyes of the world.

but there is also a soul inside you which no one else except God and you can see. for this soul to be a muslim the person has to believe in Allah and ALL his prophetsincluding Moses, Jesus, Noah, Adam and of course Muhammad ( peace on them all).

so whether you are a muslim at heart ... only you know ,or GOD.

Again I agree with you totally. Knowing is different from Accepting.

But in order to accept you have to know first.

my prayer for you is that may God guide you to learn more about Islam here on this forum.

Edited by shaheena

Peace

I think you are right when you say that since you were born into a muslim family , you are also a muslim.

so whether you are a muslim at heart ... only you know ,or GOD.

sis, no offense, but I think you're contradicting yourself here. Being born into a muslim family does not automatically make you a muslim. Only when one accepts Islam fully in his/her heart and practices it, only then someone is considered a muslim.

Salaams

majority albanians r christians rite ?

70% Muslim, 20% Orthodox, and 10% Catholic

Of course, JCBeliever.

Creation evangelism in Albania

Interview with missionary Shaun Thompson

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetanswersingenesis(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/creation/v20/i1/albania.asp"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetanswersingenesis(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/creation/v20/i1/albania.asp[/url]

Greater Europe Mission Christian Missionary Resource

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgemission(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Countries/Default.asp?ID=27"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgemission(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Countries/Default.asp?ID=27[/url]

Wassalam,

Yasnov

[at]anthony. yeah ....i know i was wrong. No one has taught me how to think about it...

i'm learning it here.... 29374287 people have told me this by now....

there's no need say the same thing 9823792 times. :sl: :sl:

Edited by Elidicious