Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
timujin

Thinking About Converting.

Assalam Alaikum,

I'm thinking about reverting to Islam. I was an atheist for most of my life but i think that i found the religion for me. Problem is, where i live there aren't any Masjids nearby so i'm not sure how exactly i'm supposed to convert.

PropellerAds

:sl: my dear brother :D

Subhanallah thats wonderful news.Its touched me. :no:

Best advice I can give is this.

Don't delay do today

Afterall we don't know when death could approach us.

May Allah make it easy for you,ameen.

You can become muslim by yourself.Belive within your heart that there is

No God But Allah and Prophet Muhammad(saw) Was His Final Messenger.

Then inshallah you become a muslim.

Heres a question that links in with your issue. :j:

See it as a test from Allah for your intentions and inshallah with patience the fruit will be sweet.

Question :

I am very interested in learning more about and embracing the religion of Al-Islam. My problem is that I live in an area that has no Muslim community at all. No places of worship, no study groups, nothing. What is the best way for me to get started learning what I should know?

Answer :

Al hamdulilah

As soon as you have come to know, dear noble inquirer, that Islam is the true religion of righteousness and the straight path, you should hasten to embrace it and begin practicing the Islamically-prescribed obligations, such as the prayer, etc. Your earning to learn about Islam is a wonderful thing for which you should be commended.

Your unfortunate complaint regarding the absence of a helpful surrounding and a righteous environment is certainly a valid one and to a degree a problem; however, this obstacle no doubt can be overcome by the will of Allaah. For example there are several pages on the Internet that you can use to gain knowledge and benefit. You can also correspond to the various Islamic organizations and publishing houses to get valuable and informative books about Islam. There may be an Islamic center in your town or in a nearby town that you can go to, even if only once a month, to get to know your fellow Muslim sisters and to get advice from them and work with each other in enjoining righteousness and good deeds. Perhaps you can use the internet as an avenue to find out the addresses of Islamic centers in any particular city or state.

If it is possible for you to move to a city where there is a Muslim community or an Islamic center which adheres to true, mainstream Islam (followers of the Sunnah and the united Islamic community), this would be very good. If, in the worst case, may Allaah forbid, lets suppose you don't find even a single Muslim about you, this would not ever prevent you from holding fast to the religion of Islam. In Islam you have an ever-persistent relationship with your Lord; you worship Him and talk to Him and ask Him

guidance, support, and aid in adhering to His religion; you feel His company and security by your prayers to Him your seeking refuge in Him--to an extent that will compensate you more than the absence of anybody else, and will allay your loneliness and the inability to meet fellow sisters in faith and religion. Consider the situation of the followers of our beloved Prophet (peace be upon him) who embraced Islam at its inception. They remained alone and estranged among their tribes and people, each one worshipping Allaah from his place until the Prophet migrated to al-Madinah, at which time they migrated with him and supported him in establishing the Islamic state.

We ask Allaah for your guidance and for you to reply quickly to the call of Allaah and his Prophet (peace be upon him), and we wish you happiness in this life and the hereafter.

Islam Q&A

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid (you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link))

Hope that helps.

If you have any further questions,we'll warmheartly answer them for you. :D

:sl:

Edited by Aaqib Ahmed

Wa 'alaykum assalam timujin. Welcome to Gawaher Islamic Forum, I'm glad that you decided to join us.

It is not an essential requirement to revert in the presence of witnesses and an Imam, although eventually, when you have to publicize and make official your reversion, it is recommended that you contact an Imam and at least two witnesses.

The act of becoming a Muslim is very simple, when you declare the shahadah (testimony of faith) between yourself and Allah, you have become a Muslim. All you need to do is recite the following as though you mean it from the heart:

Ash-hadu alla ilaaha illallah

(I bear witness and attest that there is no god worthy of worship but the One God Allah)

Wa ash-hadu anna Muhammad-ar-rasool ullaah

(I bear witness and attest that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah)

Once you've declared this, you've become a Muslim by heart and in the sight of Allah. That is all you need to do, in your own space, by yourself. It's really that simple! :sl:

You seem to have reached your decision, and are sure that Islam is the right way of life for you Alhamdulillah (All Praise is due to Allah), and Muslims believe Islam to be the ultimate truth. Therefore, don't delay and follow your heart which is guided to Islam.

Salaam

salam brother

We ask Allaah for your guidance and for you to reply quickly to the call of Allaah and his Prophet (peace be upon him), and we wish you happiness in this life and the hereafter.

ameen for dua'a

dont delay brother...and inshallah all will be easy

go ahead with Allah blessing :sl:

Wailkum asalam

Welcome to the family.

If you need to know more about our religion , please visit you are not allowed to post links yetiprofess(contact admin if its a beneficial link).

If you beleive and affirm in Allah and his Books, and therefore in Islam in your heart, and mind, and beleive in the teachings of the Quran and the teachings of Muhammd peace be upon him ( sallahi alahi waslaam), then you are a muslim.

If possible you should find 2 muslim witnesses at the local masjid., to decleare your faith and then take a bath before and after, to formalise things, but if you belive in Allah and His Prophet then you are muslim.

May Allah bless you.

Edited by AbdulMajid

Alsalaam alaykum wa rahmatAllah wa barakatu dear Brother in Islam,

Congratulations!!!! Welcome to your new life!!!! and know this is and will be the best thing you ever do in your life. I am so proud of you and happy for you and also happy for us to receive a new brother into our family. Alhamdulilah!!! Allahu Akbar!!!!!!!

My advice is Just take things slowly... the Quran was revealed over 23 or 25 years :sl: (someone help me on this please) so none of those that took the shahada then, changed overnight. Take your time to learn things and never rush so it becomes too much.

Where do you live? Maybe someone here lives in your area and could help you insha'Allah.

Ask anything of us because it is our duty to help you in anyway :sl:

May Allah make you the best and give you all the best in this life and the hereafter...Ameeen

Take care Dear Brother and Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to Islam!!!

Brother i might be able to meet you if your somewere in Germany or France or UAE :sl:

please tell me if your somewere their

Firstly, Allah be praised on your guidance to Islam. As everyone has stressed before, don't delay taking the Shahada. We never know when we might leave this world.

We are lucky to live in an era where we have vast amounts of information at our fingertips. The internet is filled with tons of useful information about Islam, and I personally would recommend this forum as your first stop. Any issues that you are dealing with, we will always be happy to assist you.

Do not despair if you do not have access to Masjids. Allah opens all kinds of doors to us and before you know it, either your community will receive a brand new Masjid, or you will find a better and richer community to live in.

I pray that Allah complete your faith and bless you on your new life.

Salaam Walaikum

Alhumdu Allah rabi Alemeen

May Allah bless you always and know that All here will do all that they can to help.

Welcome to the Ummah.

Wlaikum Salaam

Assalamu Alaykom brother.

I'm a revert to Islam, and there are no masjids close to where I live ( closest one is about 100 kilometres away). But it didn't stop me, and it shouldn't stop you. :sl: What I did was that I did wudu and after that I said shahada, and then later I went to masjid and did it there. :no: It's a bit difficult to me to go to the Masjid, so it took a while before I was able to say shahada there. But I sent emails to couple masjids, and some sisters replied and have been very helpful, alhamdulillah. So maybe you should do the same, and contact masjids in the country you live in. They will help you and give you the support you need, insha'Allah. :sl:

May Allah bless you and make it easy for you, ameen.

Walaikom Salam.

Your almost there...don't delay! :sl:

Say the Shahada to yourself, and you're a Muslim. When you get the chance to say it in front of the Imam and two witnesses then do that. May Allah (swt) guide you and keep you on the right path. Ameen.

Edited by Hira (Devout)

Assalam Alaikum,

I'm thinking about reverting to Islam. I was an atheist for most of my life but i think that i found the religion for me. Problem is, where i live there aren't any Masjids nearby so i'm not sure how exactly i'm supposed to convert.

Don't delay becoming a Muslim. In order to become a Muslim you recite the 2 testifications. Insha Allah, once you have said it. You do not have to say it again in front of 2 witnesses to embrace Islam. The fact of the matter is once you have embraced Islam, it is disbelief to say that you have to say it again to become a Muslim. the fact of the matter is that you already are a Muslim. You can say the 2 testifications as a rememberance(dhikr) of Allah of course.

But if a person is a Muslim he doesn't need to do anything to become a Muslim. Hope that makes sense.

Say:

1) La-iLa-ha-ILLAL-Lah-Muhammadur-RasooL-Allah. (Arabic transliteration)

2) There is none worthy of worship except Allah and that Prophet Muhammad(*) is his last and final messenger. (English translation).

(*) May Allah (Subhanahuatalah) raise his rank and protect his Ummah from what he fears for it the most.

Assalaamu 'alaykum brother

Take the brothers and sisters' advice and don't delay. This is the most importnt decision you'll ever make and you have made the right choice.

Where do you live? Let us know; one of us might be able to accomodate you.

May Allah continue to guide you, and may He guide us all. Aameen.

Assalaamu 'alaykum

Assalamo alaikum dear brother

As mentioned above, all you need to do is to say the shahada now. Do not delay it. The only condition needed is that you believe in what you say. No need to go to a masjid or any witnesses. After you say it, type what you said in a post here, and insha'Allah all of us will be your witnesses in the day of judgment!

Here is how to say your (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=42869"]shahada[/url], with vidoe tutorial. (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=42203"]Here [/url]too.

And here is some (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=42825"]FAQ[/url] that you may need.

Here is (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=24667"]how to pray[/url] , (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=42739"]prayer times[/url], and how to perform (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=42631"]ablution[/url] before prayers, all with videos to help you learn the easy way.

We are all here for you, so please ask whatever you have in mind and insha'Allah we'll be at your side helping you the best we can.

May Allah Almighty bless you and guide your heart.

Salam

Its really nice to hear that.

I hope you will convert as soon as possible. Please remember, you will need to pray regularly and perform all the fundamental things like a muslim.

Its not that difficult, give it a try. There are many reverts here, may be you can get some help from them too.

vishah

My warm embrace to my new brother. When you declaer sahadah you r a muslim and sinless like a new born baby.Please pray for me and for all of your muslims brothers and sisters.