Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
- IQRA -

Eid Salaat For Females...

:D

This is about if women should go out to pray the (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_e000.html#eid"]Eid[/url] Salaat?

how much is it encouraged or discouraged?

Jazak (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_a001.html#Allah"]Allah[/url] khairun

PropellerAds

Question :

I know that it is better for women to pray at home, but my question has to do with the (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_e000.html#eid"]Eid[/url] prayer. Is it better for women to go out to the (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_e000.html#eid"]Eid[/url] prayer or to stay at home?.

Answer :

Praise be to (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_a001.html#Allah"]Allaah[/url].

It is better for women to go out to the Eid prayer. This was enjoined by the Prophet (peace and blessings of (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_a001.html#Allah"]Allaah[/url] be upon him).

Al-Bukhaari (324) and Muslim (890) narrated that Umm ‘Atiyyah (may (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_a001.html#Allah"]Allaah[/url] be pleased with her) said: The Messenger of (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_a001.html#Allah"]Allaah[/url] (peace and blessings of (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_a001.html#Allah"]Allaah[/url] be upon him) commanded us to bring them (women) out on (Eid) al-Fitr and (Eid) al-Adha, and to bring out adolescent girls, menstruating women and virgins, but the menstruating women were to stay away from the prayer, but were to witness goodness and the gathering of the Muslims. I said: “O Messenger of (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_a001.html#Allah"]Allaah[/url], what if one of us does not have a jilbaab?†He said: “Let her sister lend her a jilbab.â€

Al-Haafiz said:

This shows that it is mustahabb for women to come out and attend the Eid prayers, whether they are young or not.

Al-Shawkaani said:

This and similar hadeeths indicate that it is prescribed in sharee’ah for women to come out to the prayer-place, with no differentiation between virgins and non-virgins, young or old, menstruating or otherwise, so long as they are not going through ‘iddah (following divorce or death of their husband) or their coming out will be a cause of fitnah or they have an excuse.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen was asked: what is better for a woman, to come out to the Eid prayer or to stay at home?

He replied:

It is better for them to go out to Eid prayer, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_a001.html#Allah"]Allaah[/url] be upon him) enjoined that the women go out to the (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_e000.html#eid"]Eid[/url] prayer, even the adolescent girls and virgins – i.e., women who do not ordinarily go out. He commanded them to go out, and he told the menstruating women to go out but to keep away from the prayer-place. So menstruating women should go out with other women for (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_e000.html#eid"]Eid[/url], but they should not enter the place where the (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_e000.html#eid"]Eid[/url] prayer is offered, because the (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_e000.html#eid"]Eid[/url] prayer-place is a Masjid and it is not permissible for a menstruating woman to stay there, but it is permissible for her to pass through or to take something she needs from it, without staying there. Based on this we say: women are commanded to go out to the (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_e000.html#eid"]Eid[/url] prayer and join the men in this prayer, because of the goodness, dhikr and du’aa’ they may experience there.

Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 16/210.

He also said:

But they must go out looking decent, not wearing adornment, makeup or perfume, so that they may combine following the Sunnah with avoiding fitnah.

What some women do of wearing adornment, makeup and perfume is because of their ignorance and negligence on the part of their guardians. This does not cancel out the general shar’i ruling, which is that women are commanded to go out to the (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_e000.html#eid"]Eid[/url] prayer.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_i001.html#Islam"]Islam[/url] Q&A (www.(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_i001.html#Islam"]Islam[/url]-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link))

Even if a woman is menstrating, she still should go to witness the (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_e000.html#eid"]Eid[/url] (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_s000.html#salah"]Salah[/url] by sitting on one side

While it is permissible, here in SA they discourage it because usually most of the people do not adhere to purdah, and there is a lot of fitnah, so in cases like these the South Africa (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_u000.html#ulama"]Ulama[/url] advise that the women stay home.

While it is permissible, here in SA they discourage it because usually most of the people do not adhere to purdah, and there is a lot of fitnah, so in cases like these the South Africa Ulama advise that the women stay home.

The Eid Salah is compulsary tho sister, they shudnt keep the wimen away from it, (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_a001.html#Allah"]Allah[/url] knows best

they dont keep the sisters away, they just advise them, that its better that they stay home.

Why advise them to stay home when the Prophet :D has advised them to go out for the '(www.)"http://glossary/glossary_e000.html#eid"]Eid[/url] (www.)"http://glossary/glossary_s000.html#salah"]Salah[/url]?

i guess no one has been to SA :D but there is a lot of fitnaa that goes on, espescially when tehre is a great mixture of sexes. thast why the (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_u000.html#ulama"]ulama[/url] here have advised the women to stay home.

Jazak (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_a001.html#Allah"]Allah[/url] khairun for the answers...

ive heard many Ulamas in the UK are advising women to stay at home....

im confused

:D everyone...

My father told me this (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_h000.html#hadith"]Hadith[/url] a few days ago and I was really surprised. I didnt even know that women had any role in the Masjid on (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_e000.html#eid"]Eid[/url] prayers. However in Pakistan women generally dont go to the Masjid for praying let alone (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_e000.html#eid"]Eid[/url] prayer which is a totally men thing. This is why my first reaction the this (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_h000.html#hadith"]Hadith[/url] was total shock. I didnt believe it. (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_i001.html#Islam"]Islam[/url] has given women alot of liberty and that too in the right sense. However its just the society which at times because of tradition does not follow the correct method of things. Take care everyone. :D

In the area that I live in, there is a big problem. There are about 20 Masjids within 5 miles but only a handful allows women to come for prayers. I know that it’s better for women to pray at home but I think facilities should be provided. Sisters go shopping with husbands and the men go for (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_s000.html#salah"]salah[/url] on the way and the women can only stay in the car. In winter, within a couple of hours Zuhr, (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_a003.html#asr"]Asr[/url] and (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_m000.html#maghrib"]Maghrib[/url] is prayed. The sisters then just do Qadha. How can I sort out the situation? I am deobandi but find it very hard to accept this. What do the deobandi scholars say about this?

Question # q-21225280

Date Posted: 11/05/2005

Answer found at (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.salaam.co.uk/forum/read.php?f=10&i=1687&t=1672"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.salaam.co.uk/forum/read.php?f=10&i=1687&t=1672[/url]

please read the article and tell me what you think

There is Fitnah everywhere, not only in South Africa. '(www.)"http://glossary/glossary_e000.html#eid"]Eid[/url] is more for hte women and children than for the men, and women stay home from salah in congregation the rest of the year so this would be an extreme measure.

for one day ( or just a couple of hours for (www.)"http://glossary/glossary_e000.html#eid"]Eid[/url] (www.)"http://glossary/glossary_s000.html#salah"]salah[/url]) men can lower their gaze for uncovered faces? I mean, women are covered anyways for (www.)"http://glossary/glossary_s000.html#salah"]Salah[/url], the most would be showing is their face and hands......

Jazak Allah khairun for the answers...

ive heard many Ulamas in the UK are advising women to stay at home....

im confused

I've not. :D

Why advise them to stay home when the Prophet has advised them to go out for the 'Eid Salah?

Al-Bukhaari (324) and Muslim (890) narrated that Umm ‘Atiyyah (may (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_a001.html#Allah"]Allaah[/url] be pleased with her) said: The Messenger of (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_a001.html#Allah"]Allaah[/url] (peace and blessings of (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_a001.html#Allah"]Allaah[/url] be upon him) commanded us to bring them (women) out on (Eid) al-Fitr and (Eid) al-Adha, and to bring out adolescent girls, menstruating women and virgins, but the menstruating women were to stay away from the prayer, but were to witness goodness and the gathering of the Muslims. I said: “O Messenger of (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_a001.html#Allah"]Allaah[/url], what if one of us does not have a jilbaab?” He said: “Let her sister lend her a jilbab.”

Says it all.

..and I agree with Kaneeza. :D

There is fitnah every now like shopping centres. Are you gonna stop going?

hmm seems like i shouldn have metioned it...well i think the (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_u000.html#ulama"]ulama[/url] know best as they have been around here longer than i besides, there is a big fitna problem here is Souht Africa, its not about men keeping there gazes down, its about women wearing unappropriate things.

they dont have (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_e000.html#eid"]eed[/url] salaahs in Masjids here.

Edited by um-eesaa

I know exactly how you feel sis um-eesaa. Its the same here in Pakistan too. Its mostly about men however cause no matter how much covered the women are they still tend to look. However I feel that alot of depends on the women herself as well. I totally agree with sis Arwa about the shopping point. Shes right about how even in shopping centers women face alot of people and alot of men and all sorts of people but however people tend to enjoy going there. Its just the strength of your (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_i001.html#iman"]Imaan[/url] which can overcome all barriers. Just one sister has to make a start and Im sure alot will follow and there you have it. There will be an (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_e000.html#eid"]Eid[/url] (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_s000.html#salah"]Salah[/url] for women.

sis Kaneezah, i am sure you know that lots of women usually wear there most pretty clothes when they go to (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_e000.html#eid"]Eed[/url] (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_s000.html#salah"]salaah[/url].

well rather than advise them to stay from whats recommended for them, its better to advise them to dress properly.

Guest amani

While it is permissible, here in SA they discourage it because usually most of the people do not adhere to purdah, and there is a lot of fitnah, so in cases like these the South Africa Ulama advise that the women stay home.

dont i know it :D same thing here :D except here they get quite a few of these rulings from SA and there is absolutely no facilities for women

it actually is more indo-pak culture...

I think i have been misunderstood, please forgive me for that.

I am not against women going for (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_e000.html#eid"]Eed[/url] Salaah, in fact i am a great supporter of it. The problem though is that many women do not follow the rules of purdah when they come for salaah. In fact once i even saw a women praying next to a man!

The women have been encouraged to year after year to wear proper clothes, but to no avail. perhaps it is different where you all live, but i am talking from what i have seen.

Why would the Ulama say against women coming to the (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_e000.html#eid"]Eed[/url] (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_s000.html#salah"]Salaah[/url] if women were properly covered?

Edited by um-eesaa

Here is a brief explaination from the Ulema of Deoband , taken from Al-Haadi Newsletter

Women Proceeding for (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_e000.html#eid"]Eid[/url] Salaah

For women to proceed to the Musallâ ((www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_e000.html#eid"]Eid[/url] Gâh) nowadays is forbidden according to the majority of the Fuqahâ (jurists), as there is a great danger of fitnah (vice). Imam Tahâwi rahmatullah alaih states that during the time of Rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wasallam the women used to go to the Musallâ ((www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_e000.html#eid"]Eid[/url] Gâh) so that the enemies could be overawed by the large numbers of the Muslims. (Ma'arifus Sunan vol. 4 pg. 445).

Similarly, in that blessed era there was safety from all evils and vices, unlike today where there is a great danger of all forms of evils and vices. Today, the majority of women do not observe Hijâb (Shar'i concealment) and venture outdoors after adorning themselves. To venture outdoors in this manner is not permissible according to all the authentic scholars of Islam. In the light of the Quran and hadith, it is not permissible to venture outdoors in this manner (i.e. with no hijâb and adorning oneself). Hazrat Aisha radiallahu anha had mentioned during her time: "If Rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wasallam had to see the new style of the women of today, he would have prevented them from venturing outdoors as the women of the Bani Israeel were prevented. (Bukhari p.120) Thus the (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_f000.html#faqeeh"]Fuqaha[/url] (jurists) have completely prohibited young women. A few jurists had permitted old women. However, due to increase in evil and vice, general prohibition of both young and old women has been declared. (For more details refer to Ma'arifus (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_s001.html#sunnah"]Sunan[/url] vol. 4 pg's 445-448)

I hope its sheds light on this view as well

a quote from the link I posted above

However, the understanding of the various classical and contemporary Hanafi Fuqaha is that women in the time of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) had the unique opportunity of praying behind the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) himself- an act that cannot be paralleled today. Secondly, they used to observe all the requirements of Shariah including those of proper covering (hijab), hence they were not prohibited from attending the congregational prayers. Despite this, the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) still advised and encouraged them to pray in their homes.

I guess it may depend on the madhab...

Wallahu (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_a001.html#alim"]Alim[/url]