Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
supereme_atheism

Beheading Schoolgirls: Why Is There No Outrage From Muslims?

Our muslim friends in Indonesia beheaded three Christian schooldays today.

(www.)"http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4387604.stm"]news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4387604.stm[/url]

As an atheist, I wonder how any Muslim looks at this cowardly act committed by their fellow Muslim brothers. Is beheading children on their way to school interpreted as a sign of bringing "peace" to the world?

I have always tried to be very tolerant towards Muslims and to respect their religion, but when they start behaving like this, I think it's very reasonable to call for the final destruction of this fascist religion - through peaceful means. (And in my book, "peaceful means" does not imply beheading Muslim school girls.)

1. So where in the Quran is there any legitimation for beheading schoolgirls?

2. And if there is none, where is the outcry by Muslims, condemning this cowardly act? As long as there is no public outcry, people will think Muslims approve of this kind of barbary.

3. Don't Muslims think that beheading schoolgirls is a bad form of marketing their religion? People might think such a religion is totally insane. This is the 21st century, relying on a book written in the Middle Ages, to justify the slaughtering of children - no matter their religion - surely borders on the psychotic.

Some answers please. Because we urgently need answers. Muslim denial will only strengthen the world wide hate against Islam.

PropellerAds

[

1. So where in the Quran is there any legitimation for beheading schoolgirls?

No where

2. And if there is none, where is the outcry by Muslims, condemning this cowardly act? As long as there is no public outcry, people will think Muslims approve of this kind of barbary.

We condemn every killing of non combatants .

3. Don't Muslims think that beheading schoolgirls is a bad form of marketing their religion? People might think such a religion is totally insane. This is the 21st century, relying on a book written in the Middle Ages, to justify the slaughtering of children - no matter their religion - surely borders on the psychotic.

well..yes what they did was wrong .. we dont justify it neither does the Qura'n

Some answers please. Because we urgently need answers. Muslim denial will only strengthen the world wide hate against Islam.

If they did something wrong...they should be punished ...if the world wants to hate all muslims due to crime of some muslims...then so be it

Assalaamu Alaa Manitaba'al Huda

i read the link, and so far it doesnt say anything about Muslims doing anything, so i would hold my horses until there are FACTS that say it was done by a Muslim.

What i dont understand is why you immediately jumped to the conclusion that Islam justifies such an act. Just because one apple has a worm in it doesnt mean they are all bad.

and BTW this was in Breaking News, wasn't it? not everyone has there computer switched on to BBCNews.

Wassalaamu Alaa Manitaba'al Huda

Edited by um-eesaa

Welcome to the forum supreme athiesm

b4 you can point fingers at muslim you need evidence on what you are talking about and everything in that link is circumstantiol .

so pls dont make statements you cant back up Freindly warning since you are new .

We condemn every killing of non combatants .

There are Muslim leaders who say that "all non-Muslims are combatants". What is your reaction? And honestly, I've never heard any Muslim intellectual publicly countering that argument, in the name of his religion.

If they did something wrong...they should be punished

But punishment is not enough. This should lead to a critical self-questioning of all Muslims, shouldn't it?

If Christians commit crimes in the name of Christianity, I do not think ordinary punishment is enough. I think Christians should reflect on their own religion, and if necessary, abandon it.

Millions of people like me have abandoned all religion, since we have concluded that it leads to madness and eternal violence.

...if the world wants to hate all muslims due to crime of some muslims...then so be it

That's not the point. The point is that you are not giving the world any public explanation. It's legitimate for the world to demand some outcry. Where are the publications, the TV-debates, the protest marches by Muslims, against this madness committed in the name of Islam?

That's what the world is asking. And it's a very very legitimate demand.

As an atheist, I protested against the war in Iraq. Just like I protest against Islamo-fascism.

It's up to you to learn to understand how the world works. When your fellow Muslims commit the worst of crimes in the name of your religion, then don't you feel the urge to protest? If I were you, I would.

IF does not welcome debates with other faiths, ideologies or philosophies but rather we will inform you what Islam has to offer you. Briefly what this means is: you are not here to proselytize your belief system.

pls keep this in mind .

Atheist

It may be more prudent to concentrate on what Islaam teaches and not what vocal clerics preach, once you have learnt what Islaam teaches then you will see that more often and not it is at complete contradiction to what those who the media love to give a voice to preach.

So IF it was Muslims who did what you are accusing them of then it has no place in Islaam, but it would seem that due to the actions of a few you want to tarnish over a billion people with the same brush, not exactly a very balanced view now is it?!

Regards

Aboo Uthmaan

Assalaamu Alaa Manitaba'ak hudaa,

Now you are going off topic...

We have told you that Islam does not justify such an act, but sometimes it seems to me that people want to criticize Islam no matter what.

Muslims believe that Islam is the way to eternal salvation. Does it make sense that a person leaves what will give him/her eternal salvation because of an action done by someone else?

But punishment is not enough. This should lead to a critical self-questioning of all Muslims, shouldn't it?

No, why should i question my faith because of what a few lunatics are doing?

If Christians commit crimes in the name of Christianity, I do not think ordinary punishment is enough. I think Christians should reflect on their own religion, and if necessary, abandon it.

Why should christians reflect on their own religion or even abandon it because of a few individuals?

You should be providing evidences showing how all this fits into Islam, trouble is, you cannot, because it does not fit into Islam.

Guest amani

Peace

Does the act of a minority always represent a majority?

Whoever committed these atrocities are pure evil. However, until we know more we cannot pass judgements on who we think may have done this.

Do we all believe Americans are like George Bush? No. So similarly we should afford the same courtesy to our muslim friends. As amani says - Does the act of a minority always represent a majority?

I am so tired of people jumping to stereotypical conclusions. How will we ever learn about each other and from each other, if we refuse to try and understand? I am a member of IF because I am interested in learning and understanding the religion. Why are you here - if not for that reason?

There are Muslim leaders who say that "all non-Muslims are combatants". What is your reaction? And honestly, I've never heard any Muslim intellectual publicly countering that argument, in the name of his religion.

Then you haven't been paying attention. Most disagree with this statement. You definitely need to check your sources.

Millions of people like me have abandoned all religion, since we have concluded that it leads to madness and eternal violence.

One should blame the individuals, not the religion. Islam expressly forbids killing innocents, so if it was Muslims that did this (which I have only seen conjecture at this point) then you cannot blame religion for it. You can blame the individuals involved who followed a corrupted version of it.

Helo supereme_atheism

Majority of the questions have already been answered, so i would like yo draw your attention to the heading you gave this topic:

Beheading Schoolgirls: Why Is There No Outrage From Muslims?

I never knew about this until i read the report and i am sure Muslims will condemn it far and wide. I struggle to see how any Muslim can condone such barbaric and disgusting attacks.

:D

There're thousands of athiests in prison, convicted for dispicable crimes.

Perhaps it's time for you to question athiesm and abandon it altogether?

I think it's very reasonable to call for the final destruction of this fascist religion

Who ever committed this atrocity, whether they be muslim or christian is insane and deserves the same fate...

Just for the record, this barbarism has been committed by both sides back and forth at least for the last 30 years....

As for your above quote, do you really expect to get anywhere while you use language like that?

Edited by thezman

Can I just say that a few years ago I saw photos of Muslims in Indonesia, beheaded, mutilated, heads paraded through town. Now, that NEVER made the news I'm sure, never saw this on BBC. Such that when I saw the headline on the BBC RSS feed that Indonesian's have been beheaded, I thought it was a similar act that some Muslims had been beheaded by Christians, and finally it was being reported. But I see they say it was Christians that were killed. So why report that now? Why wasn't it reported then when Muslims were being killed? when Muslims were massacred and Masjids had bodies piled up head high?

Atheist

It may be more prudent to concentrate on what Islaam teaches and not what vocal clerics preach, once you have learnt what Islaam teaches then you will see that more often and not it is at complete contradiction to what those who the media love to give a voice to preach.

I understand that, but the media are a part of our world. Now when muslim clerics and leaders openly call for the use of violence, in name of their religion, or openly call all non-Muslims combatants or whatever - then surely, there should be others who *openly* counter these ideas, in the media. Shouldn't there?

Or maybe I'm just belonging to a Western tradition. When, over here, someone makes outrageous statements in the name of a religion, you immediately see others, from that same religion, speak out against the radical.

We never see this from Muslims. I repeat, personally I haven't seen *any* muslim scholar, cleric, or intellectual openly condemn this kind of radicals. And I am closely watching the media.

So, indeed, I'm willing to look at what the Quran says, but I also know that clerics play a very important role in Islam, and what they say, often becomes law.

There are many fantasies in some forms of Islam, which aren't at all based on what the Quran says, but merely on what clerics say.

So the question remains: why do you put up with those who twist your religion and turn it into an instrument of terror?

Don't you understand that this makes your entire religion look evil?

So IF it was Muslims who did what you are accusing them of then it has no place in Islaam, but it would seem that due to the actions of a few you want to tarnish over a billion people with the same brush, not exactly a very balanced view now is it?!

Regards

Aboo Uthmaan

Well, that's *precisely* why you should communicate with the outside world and tell the 5.3 billion non-Muslims that "this is not Islam" or that the radicals in question are abusing your religion.

But all we hear from your part is silence. No open condemnation.

Maybe you should think of taking a basic media course. I'm serious, not trying to offend you here. It's just that I think you don't really understand how the world works.

Billions of people have read the article about the Muslims who behead three Christian schoolgirls as they're walking to their school. These billions of people now get their view confirmed that Islam is a pre-historic, barbaric, evil religion. Don't you understand this?

Assalaamu Alaa Manitaba'ak hudaa,

Now you're going off topic...

We have told you that Islam does not justify such an act, but sometimes it seems to me that people want to criticize Islam no matter what.

No, that's *exactly* the topic.

I am willing to try to understand that Islam does not tolerate such psychotic acts.

The question is: why don't we hear any formal kind of condemnation?

Why do your clerics not issue press releases, or go to the media to condemn these insane acts?

Muslims believe that Islam is the way to eternal salvation. Does it make sense that a person leaves what will give him/her eternal salvation because of an action done by someone else?

Not at all: but when it becomes apparent that those who believe in Islam, apparently don't condemn those who commit terror in the name of their religion - they sustain a system which makes Islam look like an absurd religion.

It's not as if you can live on this planet and think that 5.3 billion people are going to tolerate this. If you take Islam seriously, then you should make sure to speak out when others abuse it.

For the time being, a vast majority of people on this planet think: "oh, all these muslims silently tolerate the beheading of schoolgirls - because they don't openly condemn it."

As the great American poet Ella Wheeler Wilcox once wrote: "To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards out of men."

I understand that, but the media are a part of our world. Now when muslim clerics and leaders openly call for the use of violence, in name of their religion, or openly call all non-Muslims combatants or whatever - then surely, there should be others who *openly* counter these ideas, in the media. Shouldn't there?

We never see this from Muslims. I repeat, personally I haven't seen *any* muslim scholar, cleric, or intellectual openly condemn this kind of radicals. And I am closely watching the media.

The media doesnt report any......you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showforum=188

There are many fantasies in some forms of Islam, which aren't at all based on what the Quran says, but merely on what clerics say.

Care to point that out ....

So the question remains: why do you put up with those who twist your religion and turn it into an instrument of terror?

Don't you understand that this makes your entire religion look evil?

Well, that's *precisely* why you should communicate with the outside world and tell the 5.3 billion non-Muslims that "this is not Islam" or that the radicals in question are abusing your religion.

But all we hear from your part is silence. No open condemnation.

Maybe you should think of taking a basic media course. I'm serious, not trying to offend you here. It's just that I think you don't really understand how the world works.

We really dont "put up" with it ...we know it does...but my dear ..there are close to 1.5 billion muslims in the world (not .7 or so ) and the actions of .0005% of them should be used to judge all of us....how fair are the judges ?

Yes the media doesnt work in our favour...there is not much we can do there...since most of the corporates have vested interest(at least i feel so )

Billions of people have read the article about the Muslims who behead three Christian schoolgirls as they're walking to their school. These billions of people now get their view confirmed that Islam is a pre-historic, barbaric, evil religion. Don't you understand this?

Yes...Well BBC could have clarified on its own that Islam doesnt stand for these things...iam sure they have access to all kinds of pppl around the world.....they chose not to..why ? Ask them

Edited by Aburafay

Beheading Schoolgirls: Why Is There No Outrage From Muslims? Options

This was a disgusting act. Beheading school girls is against the Islam. If people want to think that Islam agrees with such an action, the answer is no.

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html[/url]

Why do your clerics not issue press releases, or go to the media to condemn these insane acts?

If you go here: fatwa-online you will that the highest authorities in Islam have issued many statements comdemning these act's.

It is not the fault of Muslims that the Western Media doesn't ever put them in the news. If you are truly concerned, perhaps you will consider complaining to the Media outlet's and not the Muslims.

Peace to everyone

Hallo Mu'maneen,

when you said

This was a disgusting act. Beheading school girls is against the Islam. If people want to think that Islam agrees with such an action, the answer is no.

I am very curious to know whether you think the man in your icon picture would agree with you.

Guest amani
Peace to everyone

I am very curious to know whether you think the man in your icon picture would agree with you.

and im curious to know why you ask such a question :D do you think he wouldnt? if so based on what? :D

I condemn these uncivilised killings, whoever the perpetrators are and whatever the motive is," Dr Yudhoyono told reporters. "There are certain groups who want to keep the conflict alive for their own interests."

However, Din Syamsuddin, one of Indonesia's most senior Muslim leaders and chairman of the nation's millions-strong Islamic organisation Muhammadiah, said he thought "a third party" was responsible for the violence, and dismissed the notion of religious motives.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,17087512%255E2703,00.html"]source[/url]

i thought that was a good bit to post above. The area in which this terrible act happened is made up of about 50% muslims to 50% Christians.

Interesting thing what Din Syamsuddin had to say, am trying to think of examples but in the past there has been a groups creating conflict between 2 other groups and by creating this conflict they are generating something from it so i think it cant be ruled out.

The government though really needs to come in and try sort things out