Islamic Forum
dot

Ideas For New Sections?

:D

Dear members

Its been a while since anyone last made any suggestions around here. As you know, we're always ready to study new ideas, and we like to revive the forum with new sections. So, if you have anything that you see missing in our community, please let us know. :D

PropellerAds

Dot i really dont think the problem is not enough sections, its just all the attention is diverted into one place, i.e general chat. You have many sections (too many?) its just they are never active with active posters or active topics, i myself for one am thinking of re-implementing what i wrote in my blog to specific sections for more benefit InshaAllah.

Its a matter of getting the members to post in the other sections, because granted once you have a new section it'll just die out extremely because the attention is too concentrated in General Chat.

A suggestion for a revival of activism would to make "leaders" of a few sections which are sub-active, i.e counselling room, Islamic quizzies, poems and stories, education page whatever, again this is a controversial idea because you really need to get your ideas across how other members not posting in other sections makes things difficult for you/other people, at the same time need to get ideas from other people who care about the forum across. If you just communicate and choose the right words and the right ideas then active posting can start.....you just need the creativity and the right people, and i know you've tried the "member" leading thing but you need to consider.....who are like the leading post people, who are really enthusiastic to post in this forum, if so...what about?

You can follow this suggestion really up to you, im not focusing on the solution, im focusing on the problem and the solution comes later(thats my style...solutions come in step 2)

Maybe this has all been said before, maybe you have thought of this or done this before i really dont know, the thing is, the principle that drives an active poster in a forum is interest. So logically, an active forum, with buzzing sections, must contain enough "interest" for people to want to post, enough diversity for many people to post in it. The blog section is a shining example of a "new" section which didnt die out as quickly as the others. I really feel a solution for the active forum....via reviving the sections really lies in the principles of that blog section.

And, if i was to guess, those principles would be, people writing about stuff with passion and consideration, interesting enough to benefit, but stimulating enough for people to comment. Maybe you can find those people in the forum, maybe not. This is just one side of the coin, my suggestions, feel free to throw them out the window, even im not fully confident with them (modern world and all that) but, if you focus on a problem, it inspires a solution.

Assalamu Aleikum wa Rahmatullahee wa Barakatu

I don't think that the General Chat has a negative effect on the Forums.

I don't know if there is a section where brothers and sisters can post their personal experiences and stories with the Islamic Religion, an Experiences Section.

Salam

Assalamu 'alaikum,

How about reopening the free-website hosting service you once offered brother Dot? : )

W.salaam

how about a section on marriage life or Islamic family life in general for those of us who are to be married soon or are married already inshallah,

how about a section on marriage life or Islamic family life in general for those of us who are to be married soon or are married already inshallah,

i like this idea akhi dot.. but i think only certain members should be allowed to post.. who are they?? we have to think it over.. there are a few yahoos here (no names) and they would mess it up..

yea idealy people are are married should be able to use the section.

that and those who are single but seriously considering marriage to post questions.. all others shouldn't be allowed to.. i'm thinking of a age ban :D..

Actually thats a good idea like to do it as kind of like lectures rights of sister and brothers in a marriage, how to be good wife or husband and also a section of how to bring up kids in Islam from small children to teenagers and how to deal with their problems that alot of teenagers go through etc... but not to do it as long pasted articals to read because that will end up too boring. I do think that some of our younger members are very mature for their ages and i think they have sound knowledge of Islam so their advice even if they are younger than some of us it's still valuable. :D

Also what about a buying and selling section? I don't know how that would work really but its just an idea maybe some of us has things we'd like to sell or even give away to help others insha'Allah and maybe only shipping fee could be charged. Islambay(contact admin if its a beneficial link) hehehe :D ( but seriously lots of us would have things like abaya's and hijabs we never wear and would gladly give away or maybe the brothers have thoubs or jilbabs they don't want anymore etc...) really we need more Islamic thrift shops around i think there is a big call for this out there.

I don't think that the General Chat has a negative effect on the Forums.

This is not meant for me to say that, Get rid of general chat, the problem isnt with general chat, i was pointing to the fact that all the attention is focused there because the diversity of posts arent spread out across other sections, some sections themselves dont have much space for topic discussion, but a lot of them do, and back in the old days of IF, these sections used to be more active than they were now.

Oh and a marrige section sounds Ok......but it really needs to be watched very very carefully as topics can seriously stray off the standard level of decency.

sis tarmabuta we already have a buying and selling section, alhamduliah thanks to brother dot i have sold 3 items already and also found somin speacial too :D

so :D fid dunya wal akhira akhi dot :D

I am new to this forum, and have been exploring it religiously :D for the last couple days.

And one suggestion I would like to make is, how about a section dedicated to halal foods.

So people can discuss what is halal and what it not. Living in North America, this subject comes up a lot, so it would be great to have a place to discuss if a certain food is Halal, or not.

Salam peeeps!

I'm new but I have many suggestions such as:

1) Theres too many sections opened up and need to be cut down into the right threads!

2) We should have a Marriage thread for the serious members

3) We should have a food section

Maybe all the categories opened right now should be put into certain areas like:

a) Introductions

B) Site/Board Feedback

c) Announcements & Events

d) Religious Matters (should be one are and diversed into serveral SUB sections!

e) Poems, Literature & Freestyle

f) Health & Food

g) Games

Theres so many ways to deal with these issues, as a new member I felt very confused with all there threads I just wasnt sure about which to post into or even which thread was relevent for me to open a new thread!

Anyway I hope to hear from anyone who can make this happen.

My personaly member questions were:

1) Why is there a word limit on posts (this is restricting my posts as i have veyr good information (islamic) to post which is over 5000 words)?

2) Why I cannot even as a own member change my own profile (I dont see this being a threat to the forum)?

3) Is there one person (Moderator/Admin) i can PM for help on these issues then to PM everyone!?

I pray Allah blesses us with happiness, protects and guides us, and grants us a place in Jannah. Ameen

Wasalam Farooq

Assalam-Alaykum

Mashallah this is good Islamic forum i came across by chance.ALhamdulillah..It covers all the aspects of Islam. I would like to suggest the moderators if it is possible to start a matrimonial forum..as our muslims brothers and sister who are unmarried definately will also have a option by this...

BARAK-ALLAHU-FIKUM

Salaam.

I back the marriage idea. There needs to be something like it.

>Marraige section, too many marriage threads already that cut into IF and General Chat and :D

>Politcal section should be restructered news goes with regula p.f. and Book and Review and Articles should come together

>Sections not in use at all should be eliminated

Thats all for now!

Edited by Sallahudeen