Islamic Forum
Yasnov

Atheist's Psychology

This is very interesting! 'The joy of billiards': Is this an analogy for finding solutions to problems I wonder?

kb

PropellerAds
Science is another façade of philosophy....

Dead wrong from getgo.....and increasingly weird and meaningless till it reaches an abrupt conslusion.

Other then that, nice post :sl:

peace

i talked to a sheikh about your problems and he said to me that every time you will write more quotes and more proof to them , they will be more worst more unbelievers .

because they didnt want to beleive from the start .. and they are working on the opposite direction so let them and leave them , and do not waste your time with them , read the quran better then chatting with them.

This message is for the muslim brothers and sisters also

i talked to a sheikh about your problems and he said to me that every time you will write more quotes and more proof to them , they will be more worst more unbelievers .

because they didnt want to beleive from the start .. and they are working on the opposite direction so let them and leave them , and do not waste your time with them , read the quran better then chatting with them.

This message is for the muslim brothers and sisters also

Science is another façade of philosophy....

Dead wrong from getgo.....and increasingly weird and meaningless till it reaches an abrupt conslusion.

Other then that, nice post :sl:

peace

I’m sorry it was not funny :D , some Advil maybe :D? Bifurcation, did history touch you on any level? :D :no: Empty words , birds fall into traps , was it the 3 letter string ? it’s amusing to harm ,can’t leave the comfort of the nest, something is affecting judgment, meaningless is meaningless, Ideational apraxia , kitta ,not you ,is fund of jargonistic sophistry ,looping, :D :j: ,moving forward. :sl: :D :D

Peace

peace

I’m sorry it was not funny :j: , some Advil maybe :no:? Bifurcation, did history touch you on any level? :D :sl: Empty words , birds fall into traps , was it the 3 letter string ? it’s amusing to harm ,can’t leave the comfort of the nest, something is affecting judgment, meaningless is meaningless, Ideational apraxia , kitta ,not you ,is fund of jargonistic sophistry....

On contrare , rather hard not to crack a smile at this so don't short change yourself :D ..besides you just taught us a good lesson..why one should stay away from drugs.. so thanx..:sl:..

As far as Atheist psychology goes...I am sure we can all learn from Kitta's lesson about shooting pool.

Peace

OK.

I will admit that I haven't been totally following this thread.

BASICALLY. My atheist pyshcology is this:

It is the responsibility of the muslim to provide evidence, not the atheist.

We don't need to prove anything. Muslims are making the claim. Muslims are saying SOMETHING is true. Atheists are just saying... nothing.

It is the believers job to convert us, not the other way around.

To drill Questioner's point, with a quote from the great Bertrand Russell:

"If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is an intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time."

And Dawkins makes a humerous extension:

"The reason organized religion merits outright hostility is that, unlike belief in Russell's teapot, religion is powerful, influential, tax-exempt and systematically passed on to children too young to defend themselves. Children are not compelled to spend their formative years memorizing loony books about teapots. Government-subsidized schools don't exclude children whose parents prefer the wrong shape of teapot. Teapot-believers don't stone teapot-unbelievers, teapot-apostates, teapot-heretics and teapot-blasphemers to death. Mothers don't warn their sons off marrying teapot-shiksas whose parents believe in three teapots rather than one. People who put the milk in first don't kneecap those who put the tea in first."

brother , dont think negative please :sl:

i love you and wish you to see the truth now or later or when the whole world dies and your left alone :sl: i just still pray that you see the truth because no one wants to see an infinite time of hell.

I guess some times I forget that english is not the first language for many you guys....so let me explain.."Big Guy" in colloquial use usually mean some one with authority, like hot shot, big kahuna..big cheese etc...

I'm surprised with your knowledge of English. This is exactly what I argue all along though. Such terms like "big guy", "big shot", "someone with authority" indirectly instills wrong perception of the Higher Power.

Besides, in almost all the religiousdoctrines I've read God is usually referred to as "HE" not 'SHE" or "IT" despite the fact that he is gender nuetral.

This is exactly my point. It is my conviction that the use of this term indirectly has wrongly instilled a false image of God in your mind. And Jesus which is revered by Christians as god has made this even worse. And this is all done subconsciously.

Also..like you said, it might be due to the influence of the patriarchial system we live in but neverthless..Big guy doesn't mean "a male homosapian".(Ghost of Freud?

You are not making any sense.

Incorrect inference.

I would appreciate if you scroll up and re-read what u quoted in context.. it doesn't make sense to me to repeatedly explain something, then explain the explaination over and over again when spending an extra 10 seconds can do the job.

Since you don't deem Qur'an and Hadith as credible, why do you think an atheist book written by an atheist is credible to me?

Top of my head.."The Dialogues..." is like a 100 times shorter then Quran, and not an Atheist book, Atheism is not a belief but lack of belief in God.

What is the difference between asking people to read Qur'an so that they can understand Islam, and asking people to read Atheist' book so that he can understand atheism?

You welcome :sl: ..And do show me where I said that Quran is not a valid source to understand Muslim's point of view? :sl:

This is what you said:

But to get this right,you have never pointed someone to Quran/Hadith hoping that they would revert ..rather you only point non muslims to Quran Hadith so they can pick up the lies judging by sources that they don't deem credible? <--- My understanding of this statement is that you are stating that non-Muslims do not deem Mulims' sources as credible to understand Muslims' point of view. But under the same breath, you expect Muslim to consider a book written by an atheist promoting disbelief in God to be a credible source for believers to understand the point of view of Atheists?

Wassalam,

Y

but if you mean that we were discussing the possibility of gayness genes being socially transmued socially then no...because we are discussing polymorphism and genetics/transmutation on phsyical level.

If gayness is transmutation on physical level, then how come people fix their genes themselves and become straight? Did I miss some latest breakthrough in the medical world? Why did parent who is gay do not pass the same gay gene to his/her children? Or why did straight parent pass gay gene to his/her children?

Ok..if they believe in a higher power in the universe..How are they atheists? :sl:

I don't know ... maybe they are just a bunch of confused people?

If someone just hates a religion based on it's followers, or hates God based on a religion, then how can he/she be an atheist?

Well, this is exactly my question. What is the main or underlying reason when an Atheist state that he is an atheist ....? You might be one of the people who became an atheist just in order to keep up with the trend. Who knows?

bcaz atheists are people who just don't belive that God exists.

They implied that there must be some force that makes nature and our universe works so beautifully according to their specified roles, instead of random rules.

Wassalam,

Y

Do dumb people deserve to go to hell? :sl:

There are those who are mentally challenged or unfit biologically,they don't understand anything..what are they hell fuel also?

You should have asked your Sheikh about this issue, before hastily declare your atheism. There has been answer to this specific question of yours. But of course you don't know the answer.

Even if we are dumb deaf and blind, we have the ability to rationale and cope with reality. So if God exists ..and wants us to know that he exists..then the proof should be self evident, because the only other possibility to me is that God purposely is trying to deceive us...and if so we stand no chance against his decption since he is omnipotent.

Using your line of reasoning, then there'll be no any believer in this world, if God, the Omnipotent, is purposely trying to deceive us.

Your conclusion is at variance with reality. I am an Atheist because I disbelieve in God. I disbelieve in God because I see no evidence of the existence of a power posited to be God.

You really have no grasp what a reality really is, it seems ...

You cannot psychoanalyse a 'group' of people that have almost nothing in common.

Nothing in common? What do you mean?

We don't need to prove anything. Muslims are making the claim. Muslims are saying SOMETHING is true. Atheists are just saying... nothing.

If atheists are supposed to say nothing ... then it means you should say nothing, meaning atheists should learn how to keep their mouth shut instead of saying that there is no intelligent power in this universe.

To drill Questioner's point, with a quote from the great Bertrand Russell:

"If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes.

China teapot is China teapot. There is nothing special in it, is there?

And Dawkins makes a humerous extension:

"The reason organized religion merits outright hostility is that, unlike belief in Russell's teapot, religion is powerful, influential, tax-exempt and systematically passed on to children too young to defend themselves. Children are not compelled to spend their formative years memorizing loony books about teapots. Government-subsidized schools don't exclude children whose parents prefer the wrong shape of teapot.

I guess this quote perfectly describe the psychology of the bitter and grumbling atheists. I can sense how deep you feel so deceived there ...

Wassalam,

Y

You really have no grasp what a reality really is, it seems ...

Is this an ad hominem or is this an assertion that I have no idea of what reality actually is? How exactly have you come to that conclusion assuming you meant the latter?

Nothing in common? What do you mean?

Atheists have nothing in common. Virtually all atheists are different to one another. You cannot determine what they all think. It is with only bigotry that I see in your previous post that you attempt to do so.

Edited by Skavau

How exactly have you come to that conclusion assuming you meant the latter?

Because you said you have no evidence of the existence of a power in our universe in your previous post. lol?

Atheists have nothing in common. Virtually all atheists are different to one another.

What do you mean by virtually?

Wassalam,

Y

You have no evidence of the existence of a power in our universe? lol?

I don't see any evidence of the existence of a higher power deduced to be God.

What do you mean by virtually?

The only similarity in all Atheists is the disbelief in God. That is it. You cannot group them together and determine their psychology based on this disbelief.

I don't see any evidence of the existence of a higher power deduced to be God.

Ok, let me ask you. Do you have an evidence of power in our universe?

The only similarity in all Atheists is the disbelief in God.

You surprise me with your dark humour

You cannot group them together and determine their psychology based on this disbelief.

I am talking about atheists and their psychology that leads them to atheism. Of course I acknowledge the fact that every one of them may have different psychological reasons to come to atheism.

Wassalam,

Y

Ok, let me ask you. Do you have an evidence of power in our universe?

What do you mean by 'power'? Do you mean 'force'?

You surprise me with your dark humour

I am talking about atheists and their psychology that leads them to atheism. Of course I acknowledge the fact that every one of them may have different psychological reasons to come to atheism.

I would say, that one of the greatest reasons for people coming to atheism is the lack of evidence for the existence of a God.

What do you mean by 'power'? Do you mean 'force'?

Both

I would say, that one of the greatest reasons for people coming to atheism is the lack of evidence for the existence of a God.

I agree ... and other greatest reasons may include ignorance, dislike of commitment, feeling deceived, seeking more freedom, catching up with the trend ...

Wassalam,

Y

Both

Despite the vagueness of your question, yes. I believe both power and force exist.

I agree ... and other greatest reasons may include ignorance, dislike of commitment, feeling deceived, seeking more freedom ..

Let us address all of these reasons given. Ignorance is both a reason for religious belief and a lack of religious belief. In fact, within creationism and within the mentality of many religious individuals - ignorance and anti-intellectualism is actively encouraged. The state of feeling deceived is often a factor for why people with abused or extreme religious upbringing might convert out of their beliefs and become an Atheist, although I would suspect it is not the governing factor.

There is absolutely no logical reason that a dislike of commitment fuels belief or disbelief in the extraordinary claims on reality. I disbelieve in God on the basis I seed no evidence to perpetuate the idea that a God exists. It has nothing to do with commitment of any sort. Seeking more freedom is also a nonsensical assertion in the exact same way. What you feel does not tell you what you believe.

:sl:

Sorry for interrupting your conversation guys, I was meaning to ask our atheist members a question - what kind of proof will be enough? Is it proof beyond reasonable doubt that will satisfy you, or proof without a shadow of doubt? Thank you.

Sorry for interrupting your conversation guys, I was meaning to ask our atheist members a question - what kind of proof will be enough? Is it proof beyond reasonable doubt that will satisfy you, or proof without a shadow of doubt? Thank you.

I would not ask for proof. That would be irrational, I would ask for good reason or evidence. I cannot exactly say what evidence or reason would be enough because I have no idea what would actually convince me. You don't get to choose how you react to evidence.

Despite the vagueness of your question, yes. I believe both power and force exist.

Of course they exist. But do you think that they are such smart power/force?

There is absolutely no logical reason that a dislike of commitment fuels belief or disbelief in the extraordinary claims on reality.

One's atheism could be the mixed combination of all those factors.

Wassalam,

Y

Of course they exist. But do you think that they are such smart power/force?

I don't understand the question. Do I think the force or power is smart? Eh?

I don't understand the question. Do I think the force or power is smart? Eh?

Yes or No?

Wassalam,

Y

Yes or No?

Wassalam,

Y

I don't understand the question.