Sign in to follow this  
Teyyar ilFuraat

Sheesha For Women

:D

I drove past this sign the other day:

sheesha.gif

It says:

Free sheesha for women, every Saturday and Tuesday nights. :D

I can't imagine women smoking sheesha, man. What a funny world we live in. :D :D

PropellerAds

oh wow!!! OMG! Free sheesha! isn't that such a great deal! :D Bahrain, huh! Cool!

Jk!!

YSeriously, you didn't know that women do sheesha? It's the new thing now!!

istagfir Allah, half my class (all girls) have suddenly found their new favorite hobby. They do sheesha a lot- i never go with them and i pretty stopped being friends with those girls....

but you're right. It looks weird to see women-young and old- doing it. :D

May Allah guide us away from such things, men and women!

I just thought about that sign some more. They prolly made it free only for women though cause there are more men who do it- so that the business doesn't lose too much.

plus women prolly do it more if they're with men, right? i'm trying to analyze that sign. So if the women go, since they get it free, they might get some more men customers...who have to pay...

Asalam Alaykum

Women now days do sheesha all the time, its become something normal. Anyone know if Qaat is haram ( I have yemini and somali friends who do that stuff) can you get high on it? :D

Assalamu'Alikum,,

One Knowledgable brother said Sheesha is Haram...I have never tried it, Alhumdullilah.

Fee Amanillah.

I believe it is wrong too- as they say it causes more damage than smoking....

One Knowledgable brother said Sheesha is Haram...

Do you really think people who go around promoting sheesha (for women!!) give a crap whether it's haraam or not? I don't think they do.

My imam said seesha is haram.. he also said cigarette smoking is haram too!!

according to the mufti my husband and i follow, smoking and sheesha is haraam, but the Jamiat ul ulama of South Africa have said that it Makroohe tehreemi..

hmm i would agree with bro al faqeer...

Assalamu'Alikum,

I wasn't saying it is harm so that thye stop selling it. I was saying it so the believers would think before they practise this.

Fee Amanillah.

Subhanallah, I've been having some discussion about this topic with some muslim girls I study with.They insist that shisha is not bad for you, they'll never get addicted, they only do it once in a while, its not as bad as cigarettes...etc etc.

The sad thing was, straight after we all broke our fast together in the prayer room (after our classes finish), they would go to a shisha cafe and smoke the horrid thing.

I really don't know how to get through to them, inshaAllah I will try to persevere.

I think I'm a bit soft when it comes to advising people....hmmm....maybe they don't believe me when I tell them how bad it is.

Allah knows best.

InshAllah I will find an article for you about sheesha and its affects..

^ that wud be very much appreciated for me too! insha Allah i can send it to all those girls!

Assalamu'Alikum,,

One Knowledgable brother said Sheesha is Haram...I have never tried it, Alhumdullilah.

Fee Amanillah.

:D and :D cause it is clearly haram (harmful to the body/ waste of money/ annoys others) its just like cigarettes.

Allahu alam

I seen a pic a while ago of a lady smoking sheesha. I for one, cant stand seeing men smoke that stuff, they look like lazy idiots! :D and a women? man that takes away our honor lol :D

The sad thing was, straight after we all broke our fast together in the prayer room (after our classes finish), they would go to a shisha cafe and smoke the horrid thing.

So, it's not something new. :D

I think we all agree that sheesha is haraam, but that's not the point I was trying to make when I started this topic. My point was: what the heck has the world come to?! sheesha for men...okay, fine...we got used to that...but WOMEN?! what the heck?! I just can't picture it!

I think I'm gonna go one day, I'm curious to see how they look. :D

hehe...maybe more men will come seeing more women there.. :D

InshAllah I will find an article for you about sheesha and its affects..

:D brother, that would be very helpful.

Assalamu'Alikum,

Akhie its like all things...50% of the market(buyers) are women...Sheesha is a man's thing...So you are excluding 50% of the market!! So the businessmen would want to take advantage of this fact and try to get more women involved to maximise profits. Now...the problem is Sheesha is a taboo for women in middle east and most asian countries so is smoking. The companies can't do much about that. So one incentive to get 50% of the market involved in sheesha is to get them hooked(as its a drug). Giving free sheesha makes sense. It will mean loss for businesses in the short term HOWEVER if the marketing campaighn works then they will increase their share of the market...meaning Men and Women will be hooked onto Sheesha...and thats when they will start charging.

Akhie its also a tool used by Drug dealers. It makes total economical sense for long term stability, however its short term loss is only worrying if you are a small comapny.

Fee Amanillah.

so how come when you see a man smoking sheesha (and also cigarettes) you find it more exceptable than for a women? why is it a man thing?

huh lol

Who says I find it acceptable?

I said it's something we got used to seeing. I, personally, haven't seen any women smoke. So, yeah, it is something weird and unacceptable. :D

And why is it free for women and not for men? where's the fairness in this? :D

this is the reason why it's free

hehe...maybe more men will come seeing more women there.. :D

Smoking both cigarettes & especially shisha is quite common in ME. I saw loads of woman smokin shisha during my trips to Bahrain, i m suprised u didn't know abt it.

Well, they say smoking is much worse for women compared to men.. something to do with birth & babies.

I saw loads of woman smokin shisha during my trips to Bahrain, i m suprised u didn't know abt it.

Where have you been hanging, bro? :D

Where did you see them?

I went with my bro-in-law to couple of sheesha places, coffee shops... one of them was Layali Zaman (this was ok place). There was another place.. quite trendy & was filled with women smokin sheesha. My wife said all her friends (both arab & persian ones) smoke sheesha in Bahrain.