Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
--**MinorityOpinions**--

Can I Pray Sick?

As Salaam Alaikum,

Right now my ears are stuffy, I'm feeling drossy, like I'm just about to get a fever, my throat hurts, and I just feel that I have a cold or something is coming on. Basically it's already here, I'm just cautious when I call myself sick.

Anyways, I've been reading the Q'uran lately and in it, it talks about wudu. From what I am getting is that it doesn't actually say that if you are ill then you are excluded from salat... but it seems to just be saying if you are sick make wudu. I don't know.

Can someone please tell me if I can make salat or not when I'm sick? It's late and I am ready to get in bed... I want to make Isha if I am obligated to, but I don't if I'm told not to by Allah (swt).

Someone please help.

salaam

Edited by --**MinorityOpinions**--

PropellerAds

If you think doing wudu with water will make your condition worse than you can do tayyamum unstead.

Tayammum can be performed with clean dust, soil, sand, limestone, dry mud, clay or marble (semi-precious stone).Incase the soil, sand, stone, and the lump of earth are not available, we must perform tayammum with clay.

I doubt you can find sand, so basically find a clean stone and wipe your hands over that then wash yourself as you would have with water....

If you are sick and you can't stand then you pray sitting (still do the prostrations). If you can't stand then pray lying down, and you motion with your head the prostrations you would make. basically you do what you are able to.

:D

Yes, of course you can make salat when you are sick. You are supposed to! What is a little stuffy nose, itchy throat and headache going to do?

Go ahead and offer your Isha salat. If you can stand, then stand. If you can't, sit in a chair. If you can't, sit on the floor. If you can't, then do it lying down, with your feet towards the qiblah.

Illness, unless its extremely severe, is no excuse for missing salah.

Could you not use warm water for Wudu? :D

Insha'Allah you're feeling better sister. :D

Eliza

Warm water yes. There may be injuries where you can't get the wound wet at all, or you need it covered so that it heals faster (ofcourse based on what the doctor says).

yes i remember i had a deep cut on my hand and i wasnt allowed to have water touch, so the alim we consulted said that make wudhu as normal but do masah on the hand.