Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
*MuSlIm*

Mobile Phones

:D

Which is the best mobile phone to buy? Or: where can I get a good deal?

PropellerAds

Assalamu'Alikum,

Ukthi i worked in the mobile industry for over 4 years so i have a fairly good understanding of Mobile phones, Alhumdullilah.

I would recomend these sites...

www.chatterbox(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

and

www.onestopphoneshop(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

These two normally do the best deals.

Regarding which phone is the best. This all comes down to personal preferences. It all depends what you want from a phone.

These are some mobile phones you might want to look into:

Sony Ericsson P910,

Sony Ericsson W800i,

Sony Ericsson K750i,

Nokia N70,

Nokia 6230i,

and

Samsung D600/D500(older model).

I am sure there are more decent phones, but the ones above have most features people look for.

I hope that has helped you.

Fee Amanillah.

Edited by Ehsan

Excellent question! I would like to know the same thing also! :D

Eliza

Assalamu'Alikum,

Also there are many PDA type of phones,

O2 XDA2,

T-Mobile MDA and so forth. These are really good...but some might say hard to use or a lil too big for some people liking.

Fee Amanillah.

:D brother. I'll definitely look at those sites, :D

I'm not too fussed about it being brand new or having all sorts of funny gadgets, I just want a reliable phone. :D

Edited by *MuSlIm*

What about phone contracts? Whats the best offer out there, and what network is reliable nowadays??? I know 3 isn't very reliable at all, bad network more often than not!!! :D So what else is there?

JazakAllah kair for any help.

Eliza

I found this one....what do you think?

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.3mobileshop.co.uk/deals_description.asp?id=218&planid=117&dealid=543&cont=12"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.3mobileshop.co.uk/deals_descrip...lid=543&cont=12[/url]

I'm getting conflicting reports about the 3 Network from different people.

Great thought sis! My contract has run out and i'm desperately searching for a new one...

Great thought sis! My contract has run out and i'm desperately searching for a new one...

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.3mobileshop.co.uk/deals_description.asp?id=218&planid=117&dealid=543&cont=12"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.3mobileshop.co.uk/deals_descrip...lid=543&cont=12[/url]

Anyone?.....

Assalamu'Alikum,

The links i have given you offer much better deals then that one ukthi.

Sister emel, what would you like from a new contract?

Fee Amanillah.

Really? :D

I don't know: I had a good look through those sites but couldn't find anything as cheap as that one?

A friend recommended the above website.

18 month contract/half price line rental/free minutes/free texts/cashback...So many deals, its so confusing :D

Someone mentioned the samsung D500, i wouldnt recommend that. i have it, and the screen went. luckily i had insured it for a year so i took it back to carphonewarehouse and they sorted it for me. the same thing happened to someone else i know with the same type of phone. apparently its a software problem in one batch of D500 phones made, but its made me abit uncertain about the phone now. otherwise its features etc are alright.

^^^ :D sis!

Its because I usually buy a PAYG phone.

First time I'm buying one thats on a contract. :D

Assalamu'Alikum,

Sister emel, what would you like from a new contract?

Fee Amanillah.

Wa Alaikumu salam,

Well I was on 3 for the last year, I had 500mins anytime xnet, and 100 txts per month for £15.

That was a really good deal, but I really don't like 3, I had so many problems with no network coverage, my LG phone spent half od its time in the repair shop, so i really don't want to go there again even if they do have the best deals.

I need around 300txts, and 300 mins xnet (peak or off-peak) and have a budget of £30 a month.

I know its a toughie, but any help would be greatly appreciated,

Jazakallahu kul kheir brother.

Ma'a sallama

Guest amani

im on a 3 contract and connection wise its good down my side which is west yorkshire. havent really had any problems with them. the service is not bad-only they transfer you like 3 times before you solve your problem :D but otherwise its good :D

Assalamu'Alikum,

Ukthi these deals are great...and nearly EXACTLY what you asked for...

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_shop.o2.co.uk/shop/o2uk/jsp/handsets/viewHandsetDetails.jsp?prodID=consumer:SAM:D600:Onlin00:Package"]O2 Deal[/url]

This deal gives you either 400 mins and 150 txts OR the better on(for you) 300 mins and 750 Txts!!

or

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_shop.orange.co.uk/shop/yourplan/online"]Orange Deal[/url]

200 Mins and 500 Txts.

As you are paying a decent amonut a month, you should get a good phone for free.

I upgraded my contract today and got a Nokia N70, its eems really cool.

Fee Amanillah.

Edited by Ehsan

:D akhi, thats brilliant! I was really after an 02 contract, and alhamdulillah the ones you've found are both adequate. Dad said he's going to take me to the shops tomorrow!

:D for your help again, May Allah bestow His reward on you.

Ma'a Salaama

Oooops...no i didn't! Thanks for pointing it out. I can just see myself marching into the 02 shop demanding that deal, and causing myself some major embarassement!

Thanks... :D

brother ehsan or anyone else, would you recommend the motorola v3, iam thinking of buying it, whats good and bad about it? i have heard a lot of bad things about it.

jazakallah khair

Edited by Abdurahman

Assalamu'Alikum,

I have had the V3 before. It is a ok phone. It looks nice and its works. The User Interface is a little annoying...not very user friendly. The camera is good but apart from that its not the best phone to get. It is alos very easily scratchable and easy to damage if dropped!!

I can't unlock this phone but regular shops can.

Fee Amanillah.

Assalamu'Alikum,

I have had the V3 before. It is a ok phone. It looks nice and its works. The User Interface is a little annoying...not very user friendly. The camera is good but apart from that its not the best phone to get. It is alos very easily scratchable and easy to damage if dropped!!

I can't unlock this phone but regular shops can.

Fee Amanillah.

jazakallah brother for the info, one more question,

while i was searching ebay i came across a seller selling a book that tells you how to incrase the memory on the motorola v3 from 5mb to 9mb and another seller was selling software that will enable the motorola v3 to have a video camera facility, is this true or a load of rubish, here are the links

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5642466476&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4CN_BIX"]video facility[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5837031172&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4CN_BIX"]increasing space[/url]

Assalmu Alakum,

I think it depends on where you live. In the US, verison wireless are the best phones because they can practically be used all over america.