Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Muhsinmuttaqi

When Fardh Meets Haram

Assalamu Aleikum wa Rahmatullahee wa Barakatu

Sometimes, there are cases where Fardh and Haram collide or happen coincidently. For example it is Fardh or Wajib to pray the missed fardh prayer as soon you remember, while it is makrooh or haram to pray Salah in such periods of the day. The question is what is stronger The Forbidden or The Obligatory. Or a brother or sister enters the masjid during the makrooh timing. Should he perform the two raka'at upon entering the masjid or not? If Fardh and Haram collide or happen coincidently, what is stronger. Is the Prohibition stronger than the Obligation or vice versa? Is the it a greater evil to neglect the Fardh than committing an action that is Haram? Which one is the greater evil if there is no second alternative?

Can someone tell me?

PropellerAds

:D

I am slightly confused what exactly you are asking, so please forgive my ignorance. :D

One should avoid any forms of Bid'ah if such actions were not encouraged by the Salaf or the Companions themselves.

If one has realised that they had forgotten to pray a particular Salat, then they must do it as soon as they remember, despite the time of day it is.

If one enters the Masjid at the time in which the bottom of the Sun is touching the horizon (after Fajr or before Maghirib), then I personally would advise not to make the 2 Rekk'a upon entering the Masjid as we know that we are ordered not to make prayer or Du'a at those times as that was practised by the Sun-Worshippers. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. But if one has woken up late or forgotten to pray Fajr for instance, then they must pray it immediately despite the location of the sun as described above.

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html[/url]

Assalamu Aleikum

The case with the salah is just an example. What I was asking is if an Obligatory Act coincides with an Act that is Haram, should I refrain from the Haram which means that I would neglect a fardh or should I do the obligatory acts although it is haram in general.

The Prohibition is in conflict with the Obligation and you have to choose between both of them. Which one is the right choice? Either you do the Obligation or you do not do the Obligation because you want to refrain from the Haram.

For example in the examples you are to the same time obligated and prohibited to pray. Prayer is an obligation because you forgot prayer and you are ordered to pray as soon as you remember. Prayer is forbidden because you pray in the timing that is forbidden for salah. So what is stronger the order to pray or the order not to pray. Is Fardh stronger than Haram if they collide?

I think that everything is haram in worship unless there is an exception mentioned that it is allowed?

Salam

I would do obligation, disregard haram if it is Fard upon us. But your question isn't as simple as that, as there are times when you simply cannot perform fard because of it being unacceptable, not sure if it is haram what I have in mind. :D But it depends on the reason why you think it could be haram!

Generally however, e.g. for timings of salah, brother Mu'maneen has given explanation.

Is there anything specific bro? :D

Eliza

What I was asking is if an Obligatory Act coincides with an Act that is Haram, should I refrain from the Haram which means that I would neglect a fardh or should I do the obligatory acts although it is haram in general.

Ah ok. I remember being taught, "Fighting the greater evil with the lesser evil".

Is Fardh stronger than Haram if they collide?

I can't think of any Haram act that can collide with an obligation from Allah. :D

---------------------

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html[/url]

A Guy puts a gun to your head, and tells you to disbelieve in Islam, if you tell the truth, he shoots you dead, if you lie to him, he lets you go.

You do a lesser evil (lie), to escape the greater evil (the guy who wants to kill)

Assalamu Aleikum

There is a difference between kufr and haram.

When you say the truth and he shoots you in the head then you might be accepted as a shaheed.

I guess, I have to search more and if I find an answer then I will post it.

There is not specific incident. This thought just popped in my brain.

Salam

The doing two rakaahs upon entering the masjid is not fardh. It's nafl.

So, I would advise not to do that at all during the forbidden times.

As for the topic in general, it gets a bit complicated, so let's let some other people share their thoughts.

Assalamu Aleikum wa Rahmatullahee wa Barakatu

Sometimes, there are cases where Fardh and Haram collide or happen coincidently. For example it is Fardh or Wajib to pray the missed fardh prayer as soon you remember, while it is makrooh or haram to pray Salah in such periods of the day. The question is what is stronger The Forbidden or The Obligatory. Or a brother or sister enters the masjid during the makrooh timing. Should he perform the two raka'at upon entering the masjid or not? If Fardh and Haram collide or happen coincidently, what is stronger. Is the Prohibition stronger than the Obligation or vice versa? Is the it a greater evil to neglect the Fardh than committing an action that is Haram? Which one is the greater evil if there is no second alternative?

Can someone tell me?

As-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_qa.sunnipath(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=1075&CATE=4"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_qa.sunnipath(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=1075&CATE=4[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_qa.sunnipath(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=4332&CATE=98"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_qa.sunnipath(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=4332&CATE=98[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_qa.sunnipath(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=1026&CATE=4"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_qa.sunnipath(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=1026&CATE=4[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_qa.sunnipath(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=4186&CATE=99"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_qa.sunnipath(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=4186&CATE=99[/url]

W'as-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu

Assalamu 'Aleikum wa Rahmatullahee wa Barakatu

Maybe, I should start studying Usool-ul-Fiqh!!

It was not my intention to make your brains smoke!

==========================

There are two cases that popped into my head:

1. It is haram to kill someone be he Muslim or Non-Muslim.

Struggling in the Battlefield is Fardh for everyone. In a war or battle it is permissible to kill the enemy, although it would be bloodshed in the time of peace. Here it seems that fardh is stronger than the forbidden.

2. It is haram to eat pork. But if I am starving to death and a pig is sitting in front of me then it is fardh to eat it in case I would die otherwise. Here is seems that Haram becomes Fardh because of the special situation. If I would not eat the pork then I would commit a greater munkar which is suicide. Here, it seems that fardh is stronger than haram.

However, in the above cases the rules are already given in the Sunnah itself, so it is easy to decide what to do.

Maybe, I just have too vivid thoughts right now.

Salam

Ah SubhanAllah yes. Mashah'Allah, I understand now what you mean hehe.

---------------------

Assalamu-Alikum,

Very interesting topic where fard and haram collide. So far with my understanding with salah, After reading some narrations based on this from the hadith. If our Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) has forbidden us to pray after farj and before sunrise, and after asar and before sunset then what happens to the importance of an obligatory prayer where when you have missed a salah you must pray it as soon as you have remembered. Very confusing because it is not stated in the hadith clearly, but both points are stated clearly in the hadith separately.

From Shahi Bukhari:

Volumn 001, Book 010, Hadith Number 562.

-----------------------------------------

Narated By Abu Huraira : Allah's Apostle forbade the offering of two prayers:

1. after the morning prayer till the sunrises.

2. after the 'Asr prayer till the sun sets.

Volumn 001, Book 010, Hadith Number 571.

-----------------------------------------

Narated By Anas : The Prophet said, "If anyone forgets a prayer he should pray that prayer when he remembers it. There is no expiation except to pray the same." Then he recited: "Establish prayer for My (i.e. Allah's) remembrance." (20.14).

W'Salam