Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Muezza

I Don't Get These Ppl!

Assalam-ul-Alaikum,

A few days ago, I was surfing through the net and I found this quote, clearly from a non-Muslim...

"A human should learn to forgive like Muhammad, the Prophet from Islam. He returned to Mekkah but forgave his enemies...never mind the part where he was nasty to women" :D :D (where did he get that? referring to the last bit)

Why do these ppl do this? How can this guy have completely different/ conflicting opinions? :D

PropellerAds

Peace,

I think because certain parts of Islam are considered by many non-Muslim's to be unfair towards women, and Muhammed (pbuh) is the Prophet of Islam, that he is therefore being accused of being unfair towards women also.

:D

yeah i guess, besides, we shouldn't expect people to say nice things about Islam, if they do then :D to them.

BTW sis Muezza, i am glad to hear you are safe from the dreadful earthquake :D :D

Also whenever they report on areas becoming more "Islamic" a news report would then mention concern over women's rights. Thus it effects people's perceptions. If you talk about having shariah law immediately some non-Muslims would talk about women's rights etc.

If we were to campaign for UK to accept polygamy, you will have people talking about how this is against women's rights, even though having polygamy recognised means the rights of women who are co-wives are protected (would also give protection from husband not treating the wives fairly aswell).

I get this misunderstanding from non-Muslims a lot. "Do you agree with how they treat their women?" I say "No, but these people are not following their religion. In Islam, women are just as important as men in society. If they were really practicing Islam to the T, the women would be on an equal level with men." It's a misunderstanding because they see the hijab and say, "my word, we must get her into a miniskirt, how oppressed." Look, ask her how she really feels about it.

Eoin, I see what you mean, i.e. part about making the connection.

Sis um-eesaa, thank you for your concern. :D I am indeed blessed to be alive and be given an opportunity to help our poor brothers and sisters.

Panthera Tigris, thank you for your reply. Polygamy is definitely something they're against.

I guess this should explain a little why ppl have 2 different perceptions about Islam OR be open-minded and judgemental at the same time... :D

^^^ LOL to the miniskirt! I am a munaaqaba...but anyone who knows me will see that i am the last person to be oppressed.... :D

Bro Jibrael, that was funny! ("It's a misunderstanding because they see the hijab and say, "my word, we must get her into a miniskirt, how oppressed.")

Too many people have misunderstandings.

:D dear muslims

I think because due to many Other non-practising muslims.

non-muslims still take a practising muslim and non-practising muslim as the same.

and Always mistake culture for Islam. since their both alien to them.

Since these girls are not practising, they may go around wearing their bright cothes and dressed un-islamically.

Non-muslims will see them, and think "ok, their muslims"

but when they see a muslimah with a Hijab or Niqaab, they will think "why is she covering up that much?"

straight away they will assume their oppressed.

This is because in some countries, parents are strict, and force their children to marry etc etc and u here stories of oppression

but, since they happen to be muslim, people may arrogantly assume its Islamic, not cultural.

Good point made about religion and culture, crystal sword.

BUT, this guy said "...he was nasty to women". The word used here is extreme I think! He really seems to believe our Holy Prophet (pbuh) did something terrible to women! :D

Oh well, I guess our religion will always be misunderstood in this world.

Edited by Muezza