Hindi Movies..

Do you watch Hindi Movies?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch Hindi Movies?

• yes
    • no
    • sometimes

:D dear muslims

I rarely watch it, inshallah never again.

But, of course, i have to say, the bollywood industry is a definate no-no.

The women are just...FAKE, wearing a 2-inch layer of make-up all around yourslef does not make you good looking.

The men are just jokes, dying their hair blonde, curtains, wearing unbuttoned shirts showing their chest, LOL. What a joke.

I guess they dont know what "Cliché" means.

I guess in Asian countries they may be a little respected, i cant see any other reason why bollywood actors/actresses would do what they do, seeing as they are laughed at by the rest of the world.

PropellerAds

:D

No i dont watch them, however, just becase we dont watch them doesnt mean we're all innocent.

nope i don't usually watch them, even if i do it is with friends...

I avoid them...

w/salaam

:AAW:

We sometimes watch them, but thats a rarity. Insha'Allah after reading this we won't watch again.

Though we end up to watch more malay movies than any other.

Salam

No i dont watch them theres so many subliminal messages..... alhumdillah we dont have TV in our house and we went to my mums house last weekend and they were watching a film called HUM TUM. The actor kept saying " because this life is so long" as muslims thats not true we should live like this very day is our last. Plus i felt so akward in the romantic scenes and i couldnt believe before i converted i was immune to it.

Wassalam

Edited by muslimah24

No i dont watch them, however, just becase we dont watch them doesnt mean we're all innocent.

did anyone say that??? :D

w/salaam

i occassionally watch bollywood mivies although hindi is not my mother tongue...being indian...its kind of ingrained in our culture to watch indian-made movies with the family sometimes...i think just like any other entertainment like hollywood movies there is haraam in it and this is what we have to avoid...

wassalam

Edited by freedslave

We must all be careful in what we say dear Brothers and Sisters.

Remember that we must never disclose our sins to others to the best of our abilities.

Remember that Allah has ordered men to not look at women, therefore to say that movies are Halal completely goes against the words of Allah since 99.9999% of movies contain women.

If you do watch movies, I suggest you do not tell others. The least you should feel is shame.

Remember, those who tell others their sin, then Allah will reveal every one of your sins big and small on The Day of Judgment in front of the whole of Mankind.

If you do not want everyone else to know your sins on The Day of Judgment, then keep your sins to yourself and Allah.

Allah has said that He created us only to worship Him. The actions of the Companions and even the Salaf were 100% for Allah. Even when they played sport, it was for the sake of Allah. When they slept the few hours during the 24 hour span of the day, it was for the sake of Allah.

A wise old woman was approached one day who was known to sleep very little hours during the night so she can worship Allah, and then asked, "Why do you sleep very little during the night?" She replied, "Is not the Grave enough rest for the Pious?"

She answered like this since she knew that the true rest comes in the Akhira, and the way we carry on in this life will determine how much we will be relaxed in the Akhira.

I said this firstly as a reminder to myself because of my ignorance to life. Secondly I say this to you all as my Brothers and Sisters of Islam.

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html[/url]

:D VOTE NOW FOR YOUR MYSTERY PRIZE! :D

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamic-faith(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/111.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamic-faith(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/111.html[/url]

How do people even have time for movies?

what do you mean?

Asslamu alaykum

Hindi movies: i tell this handy work of satan, a simple guide to make people go astray

IN hindi movies you will get to see the Hero eloping with a girl, getting drunk, even the Muslim hero u get to see them acting to have date with a girl and if they cant marry either one of them commit suicide, so psychologically it distructs a young mind.

Surely, Shaitân (Satan) is an enemy to you, so take (treat) him as an enemy. He only invites his Hizb (followers) that they may become the dwellers of the blazing Fire.(35:6)

i was emotionally sick in terms of relationship, you can get to listen some dialogue saying" MEH TUMSE BOHOT PYAR KARTAHO, TOMARE LIYA APNI JAAN DE DONGA" means i love you alot that i can die for you, loool see how youngsters are getting emotinally affected by this.

Allah says in the Holy book of Qur'an

Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.). That is purer for them. Verily, Allâh is All-Aware of what they do. (24:30)

This is what my creator Allah(swt) commanded me to protect myself from harm things, The moment a man looks at a woman and if any brazen or unashamed thought comes to his mind, he should lower his gaze.

O you who believe! Follow not the footsteps of Shaitân (Satan). And whosoever follows the footsteps of Shaitân (Satan), then, verily he commands Al-Fahshâ' [i.e. to commit indecency (illegal sexual intercourse, etc.)], and Al-Munkar [disbelief and polytheism (i.e. to do evil and wicked deeds; to speak or to do what is forbidden in Islâm, etc.)]. And had it not been for the Grace of Allâh and His Mercy on you, not one of you would ever have been pure from sins. But Allâh purifies (guides to Islâm) whom He wills, and Allâh is All-Hearer, All-Knower. ( 24:21)

And indeed We have created man, and We know what his ownself whispers to him. And We are nearer to him than his jugular vein (by Our Knowledge).(50:16)

how can we watch something that is forbidden (Idol worshipping scene) in the hindi movies when Allah(swt) is very nearer to us and He dislikes it.

There are many things to be watched for entertainment, i think yeah not only hindi all kind of munkar movies keeps you away from remembering Allah(swt) sincerely. Moreover there are many many scenes that is full of munkar and lead young generation into destruction

May Allah bless us and save us from all kind of evil actions.

wassalam

Edited by Risalat

what do you mean?

I mean, we have so many responsiblities in this life ... like for me... school, my family, getting involved in the community, and most importatntly, my deen .... thus, with all that, i find very little time to be wasting my precious time to be watching something that is made up and just brings Nonsense fantasies in people's minds :D ... seriously, after watching just ONE hindi movie... i came out depressed, that I could have atleast spent my time a little more wisely. Over course, I'm not saying you should be spending all the time worshipping or working, but with free time, there are many things you can do than watch useless hindi movies that do NO good

In your opinion, what entertainment does any "good" as you call it.

Entertainment is meant to entertain not be philanthropic. What good does a painting do, or a book or music?

In your opinion, what entertainment does any "good" as you call it.

Entertainment is meant to entertain not be philanthropic. What good does a painting do, or a book or music?

Well, you can do something that atleast pleases Allah. For example, if you like to read, then there are tons of interesting Islamic books that you can read to gain knowledge at the same time, or if you enjoy listening to music, than listen to Islamic music that would bring you closer to Allah rather than junk that will stear your mind away from your deen.

Ok, fair enough. People who watch Hindi movies are probably mostly Hindi not Muslim, so why would they care. It is kind of restrictive culturally being a muslim if you only educate yourself in areas pertaining to Islam.

People who watch Hindi movies are probably mostly Hindi not Muslim, so why would they care.
:D..

first off theres no "hindi" people.. the people are called indian from india.. not hindi haahah..

second, people from many different ethnicities and religions watch hindi movies.. i know sudanese musilms doing it, indians are a given, so are pakistani and bangladeshi and sri lankan, afgani, persian people too! the religion span includes, Islam, christianity, hinduism, sikkishm, buddhism and i also happend to know a fellow who was a zorastrian from gujaraat who sees hindi movies..

It is kind of restrictive culturally being a muslim if you only educate yourself in areas pertaining to Islam.
yes thats right.. its always a good thing when people are broad minded.. they can see things from different perspectives..

Hindu is a religion, so hindi people are followers of Hinduism. Fine I sould have said Hindus not hindi, crucify me! If I had to point out every gramtical error on this site then we would never get to the point, don't be pedantic when my meaning is clear to any sensible person.

Are we talking about Indian movies or Hindu movies, I'm sure not all Bollywood films are based around the religion, the characters may be Hindu but the film may not be Hindi as such. There are Jews in israeli films, does that make the film Jewish?

I'm glad you agree about being broad minded, so that must mean that you should read and watch material from other cultures which includes Bollywood films. I don't watch them personaly, but maybe people like the style so what is the problem? Would you say that reading the Origin of Species or Lolita shouldn't be encouraged because they don't please Allah?

Peace cogito, let me clear something for you :

Hinduism is the Relegion

Hindu is a follower of Hinduism

Now Hindi, is something else it is the National language of India. It has nothing to do with the Hindu relegion.

the area around India was originally called HIND, and hence the language commonly used in that area was called HINDI.

Bollywood Movies and all, sorry Not Interested.

I hope it clears things. Take care, Peace, umAhmad.

Hindu is a religion, so hindi people are followers of Hinduism.
boss, Hindu is not a religion :D.. the religion is called hinduism and those who follow it are hindus :D..

Fine I sould have said Hindus not hindi, crucify me! If I had to point out every gramtical error on this site then we would never get to the point, don't be pedantic when my meaning is clear to any sensible person.
you are a funny guy man :D.. okay fine whatever haha your call.. but its like saying are you Islam? :D <-- does that make sense?? same deal heheh.. okay no worries man peace..

Are we talking about Indian movies or Hindu movies
same thing i think..

I'm sure not all Bollywood films are based around the religion
correct..

the characters may be Hindu but the film may not be Hindi as such
:).. you know there are muslims and christians among other religions in the indian film industry or bollywood as they call themselves.. lol they are not hindi people i'm serioulsy :D

There are Jews in israeli films, does that make the film Jewish?
seriously i didnt know there was a jewish film industry?? you are not talking about hollywood are you? hahaha..

Would you say that reading the Origin of Species or Lolita shouldn't be encouraged because they don't please Allah?
origin of species may be a good read but only read for the sake of reading and gaining some debating ground with others since I'm muslim and i have my faith.. Lolita i have not heard of this so i'm not sure..

Ez..

Assalamu Alaikum,

you should watch the documentary "indias War on Islam"..... then you would never watch anything made by mushriks!

Astagfirullah!

wsalam

Assalamu Alaikum,

you should watch the documentary "indias War on Islam"..... then you would never watch anything made by mushriks!

Astagfirullah!

wsalam

what about movies made by muslims indian director/producers etc. :D

No mushrik there. :D

peace

peace and love

what about movies made by muslims indian director/producers etc. :D

No mushrik there. :D

peace

well we have nothing to do with the Muslim director or actor, in every cummunity theres a black sheep you have to accept it. it involved munkar and therefore should be avoided those who are conscious. :D

AOA,

OK guys! what aout Arabic movies?

any movies that contains evils, harmful teachings(What Allah(swt) forbade us to) must be neglected, if you do everything in your life based on the sentence "whether our creator Allah(swt) will be pleased or displeased" im sure you would get to identify the difference between the right and wrong.

wassalam

Edited by Risalat

Assalam Alaikum

Recently after Reverting to Islam, I stopped watching Movies in the theaters completely.. No Matter its hindi or english.. Yah! sometimes due to family I watch a scene or two to make thm happy, as they always drag me to watch it..

Once upon, I used to watch movies a lot.. say every second day :D

But Alhumdulillah, by the grace of Allah I stopped completely..

Remember, no matter its bollywood or hollywood but its HARAAM..

Jazaak Allah Khair

peace and love

well we have nothing to do with the Muslim director or actor, in every cummunity theres a black sheep you have to accept it. it involved munkar and therefore should be avoided those who are conscious. :D

wassalam

I can't hate on the black sheep because I heard the story where when it snowed and the black sheep survived.

BTW black sheep starring Chris Farley is actually a pretty funny flick :D

Neways I meant like the dvds they sell at "Wise Shop'' they can't be haram.