Ferrari1981

Would You...!?

Would you...!?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Would you marry your cousin?

• YES
    • NO
    • UNDECIDED

This is a NEW statistics boards which has been provided so please make your poll votes now and see what the majority feel about cousin marriages as this will help the outcome and understanding of what people think of this sensitive topic...

PLEASE VOTE ... NO POSTING required [optional]

[This is a research conducted on my behalf so please be honest and dont lie just so you could defeat the whole point of this thread!]

PropellerAds

As Salaam Alaikum,

Though I am always interested in my friend's love life about thier cousins.... I don't think that I'll ever marry my cousin! Maybe a very far distant bloodline cousin... but as for the a cousin who is hte son of my parent's siblings... no.

It is really taboo where I am from, and is something that you aren't raised with... it's a foreign thing in itself... though it is ok in Islam.

salaam

Salaamu alaikum, I did not vote, because I am already married to my first cousin, The poll said would you marry your cousin. Wassalamu aklaikum

Assalamou Alaicom wr wb

It's lawful, so I cannot go against it or actually have anything against it. So my vote is yes. :D However, that's only if his "khuloq and deen" are :D :D

Salam :D

Salam Alaikum

No no no. Its hard and sooo hard to marry with them. I couldnt accept my friend's and cousin's loves towards me that lead to marriage.

:D

At least you know about the person, family, habbits etc if you marry a cousin, marrying outside, you dont know what you gonna end up with

I have a hadith here somewhere, when I find Ill post it where the Prophet (pbuh) himself stated (even though tribal marriages were permissable) that we should (recommended) to marry outside of your family

This would be in order for less blood related families marrying and the marry new families to bring family ties together and expand the Ummah.

Asalam Alaykum

Never :D 1) their not Muslim. 2) I view them as one of my siblings.

Even though I know it is legally allowable in many locations, this still feels incestuous to me. Also a bad idea for genetic reasons.

Autumn Girl :D

Yes I would, and I have no problems with them! although currently not, :D but anyone can change :D :D

i find it sick now, my opinion of course . mum tells me look its your cousin sister, her brother is my cousin brother. hey if we see each other as cousin brother, how can i get married to her? i find it sick, mum tells me look its your cousin sister, her brother is my cousin brother. hey if we see each other as cousin brother, how can i get married to her?

I have a hadith here somewhere, when I find Ill post it where the Prophet (pbuh) himself stated (even though tribal marriages were permissable) that we should (recommended) to marry outside of your family

This would be in order for less blood related families marrying and the marry new families to bring family ties together and expand the Ummah.

Please do post that hadith. :D

No, there are plenty of acceptable partners in the world and, here, it's culturally unacceptable to marry your cousin.

I prefer diversity anyway :D

AS

In my case, I grew up with my cousins, and they're like my sisters, so I won't. However, Islamically it's Halal and I don't get disgussed if I see married cousins. As for having abnormal babies, I think it's very rare.

No!

if nothing else then last choice since it is halal :D

First cousin im not sure if i would, probably a distant relative

NO! :D they're like my brothers, nd i just wouldnt be comfortable with that. :D

As-salaamu 'alaikum

I just wanted to say to those who said no because they see their first cousins like their own siblings, then I would just like to say as way of reminder, you are not mahram to them, so the same rules that one would apply with regards to free mixing should also be applied to ones cousins of the opposite gender!

Maybe that hadeeth that the brother is looking for is the one in which a man came to the Prophet (sall-Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) because his wife gave birth to a black baby, so he (sall-Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) drew an analogy between that and the she-camel giving birth.

Was-salaamu 'alaikum

Aboo Uthmaan

Maybe that hadeeth that the brother is looking for is the one in which a man came to the Prophet (sall-Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) because his wife gave birth to a black baby, so he (sall-Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) drew an analogy between that and the she-camel giving birth.

What, in your opinion, does this Hadith really mean, Abu Uthman? In IF we do not quote Ahadith without providing proof of their authenticity.

Concerning cousing marriages, it was the advice of Umar(R.A) to marry from afar. There are certain risks involved when marrying your cousin, especially if it is your 1st cousin. See my topic on (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=22476"]cousin marriage[/url] in General Chat.

As-salaamu 'alaikum

I was merely stating that this might be the hadeeth the brother means, nothing more or nothing less, but since you asked the hadeeth is in Saheeh al-Bukhaaree and Saheeh Muslim.

Was-salaamu 'alaikum

Aboo Uthmaan