Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Al Farooq

Exclusive: Bush Plot To Bomb His Arab Ally

PRESIDENT Bush planned to bomb Arab TV station al-Jazeera in friendly Qatar, a "Top Secret" No 10 memo reveals.

But he was talked out of it at a White House summit by Tony Blair, who said it would provoke a worldwide backlash.

A source said: "There's no doubt what Bush wanted, and no doubt Blair didn't want him to do it." Al-Jazeera is accused by the US of fuelling the Iraqi insurgency.

The attack would have led to a massacre of innocents on the territory of a key ally, enraged the Middle East and almost certainly have sparked bloody retaliation.

A source said last night: "The memo is explosive and hugely damaging to Bush.

Read More (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=16397937%26method=full%26siteid=94762%26headline=exclusive%2d%2dbush%2dplot%2dto%2dbomb%2dhis%2darab%2dally-name_page.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=1...-name_page.html[/url]

PropellerAds
The attack would have led to a massacre of innocents on the territory of a key ally, enraged the Middle East and almost certainly have sparked bloody retaliation.

:D

No it wouldn't have. There's Al-Qaeda & Zarqawi to blame for it.

Subhan Allah, such a decision comes very easy to him...

he doesn't possess any wisdom, maturity nor restraint...

he's very dangerous indeed...

Im just imagining if it did realy happen, woudve been dusted under the carpet by now

I think Bush let's his emotions get the better of him sometimes.

I think Bush let's his emotions get the better of him sometimes.

What exactly was he emotional about ? Was it WHY Al Jazeera was showing the world the true face of the war in Afghanistan and Iraq by the Crusaders ? Something which he wanted to hide ?

Im just imagining if it did realy happen, woudve been dusted under the carpet by now

I think they would have blown up the issue, blamed it on AL-Qaeda and then try to turn Al-Jazeera into a pro US news channel.

Edited by Mansoor Ansari

and then try to turn Al-Jazeera into a pro US news channel.

I heard they tried that already but failed

Bush lets his emotions get the better of him sometimes!?

Should a president of any country let his emotions rule him! Especially a president with a large nuclear arsenal!

Do you think when who was it...Roosevelt ordered the bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima he let his emotions get the better of him, or was it his ego or pride?

So now, bad Aljazeera :D tsk tsk...bomb it out of existence.

Is the world the playground of Bush?

He certainly thinks so

Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper has been ordered to cease publishing further details from an allegedly top secret memo revealing that US President George Bush wanted to bomb Aljazeera.

The gag order from Attorney-General Lord Goldsmith came nearly 24 hours after the paper published details of what it said was a transcript of talks between Bush and the British Prime Minister Tony Blair.

In those talks, which took place during the prime minister's April 2004 visit to Washington, Blair is said to have talked Bush out of launching "military action" on the television channel's headquarters in Doha, Qatar.

"No 10 did nothing to stop us publishing our front page exclusive yesterday (Tuesday)," the Daily Mirror said on Wednesday, referring to the British prime minister's office.

But the attorney-general warned that publication of any further details from the document would be a breach of the Official Secrets Act.

He threatened an immediate High Court injunction unless the newspaper confirmed it would not publish further details.

"We have essentially agreed to comply," the paper reported.

"We made No 10 fully aware of the intention to publish and were given 'no comment' officially or unofficially, Daily Mirror Editor Richard Wallace was quoted as saying.

"Suddenly 24 hours later we are threatened under Section 5 [of the Official Secrets Act]."

According to Britain's Guardian newspaper, it is the first time that the Blair government has threatened to prosecute a newspaper for publishing the contents of leaked government documents.

The White House has dismissed the Daily Mirror report, calling it "outlandish".

"We are not going to dignify something so outlandish and inconceivable with a response," White House spokesman Scott McClellan said on Tuesday.

The Mirror on Tuesday quoted a source as saying: "The memo is explosive and hugely damaging to Bush.

"He made clear he wanted to bomb Aljazeera in Qatar and elsewhere. Blair replied that would cause a big problem.

The threat by Bush also "casts fresh doubt on claims that other attacks on Aljazeera were accidents", the Mirror said in its report on Tuesday.

It cited the 2001 direct hit on the channel's Kabul office in Afghanistan.

In November 2001, Aljazeera's office in Kabul was destroyed by a US missile. None of the crew was at the office at the time.

US officials said they believed the target was a "terrorist" site and did not know it was Aljazeera's office.

In April 2003, an Aljazeera journalist, Tariq Ayub, died when its Baghdad office was struck during a US bombing campaign.

In its statement on Tuesday, Aljazeera said that if the Mirror's report was true, it would "cast serious doubts in regard to the US administration's version of previous incidents involving Aljazeera's journalists and offices."

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_english.aljazeera(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/NR/exeres/171A7C64-F5C0-41EF-A613-EBA745ACEF7A.htm"]source[/url]

America fights for freedom of speech!(...just don't use it against them)

:D dear muslims

i really do not know what to say

The above post is proof that USA has already targeted the Al-jazeera buildings.

im not suprised, the dirt USA got to hide, they must be desperate for all of it being exposed.

Bush lets his emotions get the better of him sometimes!?

Should a president of any country let his emotions rule him! Especially a president with a large nuclear arsenal!

Do you think when who was it...Roosevelt ordered the bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima he let his emotions get the better of him, or was it his ego or pride?

So now, bad Aljazeera :D tsk tsk...bomb it out of existence.

Is the world the playground of Bush?

He certainly thinks so

First off, I love how I am attacked even when I agree with you. Bombing Al-Jazeera is a stupid idea. Second Roosevelt was dead before the disicion to drop the Atom Bomb was made. Truman made the choice.

I see that the Daily Mirror is no longer part of the evil zionist western media. At least not while they are critical of Amrika. No need for secondary evidence and no questioning of the source or it's agenda. It is written therefore it is so.

Robert Maxwell (the big jew) must be turning in his wartery grave!!!

This whole thing reminded me of how we "accidentally" bombed the Chinese embassy that sits on embassy row in an exclusive (non-military) area of Belgrade with a "Stealth" bomber that carried "Smart" bombs, during the Kosovo conflict...

But it DID happen!!! Al-Jazeera was bombed both in Kabul and in Iraq! And it HAS been swept under the carpet until the mirror uncovered it. Thank Allah that the British press still has some decency, unlike the US media which has so obediently become the govts' lapdog

We should be expelled from the UN for threatening the security of a sovereign nation :D

First off, I love how I am attacked even when I agree with you. Bombing Al-Jazeera is a stupid idea. Second Roosevelt was dead before the disicion to drop the Atom Bomb was made. Truman made the choice.

Ah right it was Truman, not a fan of American history missed that in class :D (just kidding never took American history in my life).

I didn't attack you I was annoyed at the statement, you didn't say it was stupid idea to do instead you said his emotions get the better of him as if he had an excuse.

Anyway, having said that glad you thought it was a stupid idea. No hard feelings :D

I see that the Daily Mirror is no longer part of the evil zionist western media. At least not while they are critical of Amrika. No need for secondary evidence and no questioning of the source or it's agenda. It is written therefore it is so.

Robert Maxwell (the big jew) must be turning in his wartery grave!!!

Did you read:

"Suddenly 24 hours later we are threatened under Section 5 [of the Official Secrets Act]."

According to Britain's Guardian newspaper, it is the first time that the Blair government has threatened to prosecute a newspaper for publishing the contents of leaked government documents.

It's unlikely the government would threaten a paper with the 'Official Secrets Act' if their report was based on lies.

P.S. What's a "big jew"? :D

Did you read:

It's unlikely the government would threaten a paper with the 'Official Secrets Act' if their report was based on lies.

P.S. What's a "big jew"? :D

I said nothing about the report being based on lies. I just made an observation that when the article suits an agenda the ol' chestnut of "Zionist western media", or "anti Islamic western media" seems to fall by the wayside.

There are two newspapers mentioned in that article, both British/western and neither fall into the above stated categories. I think this thread is proof enough that the generalising of the western media is not only wrong, but ludicrous.

Maybe one of our learned and balanced moderators would care to go through this forum and remove such blatantly myopic references? It may take all day, but in the interests of clarity and adherence to the moral code of this forum, it may be worth it.

Just a suggestion.

A big Jew? It's a compliment.

Robert Maxwell is the personification of a big jew. He was BIG he was a JEW and he owned the newspaper that this article pertains to. The newspaper that this thread holds in such high esteem.

What more evidence does one need to come to the conclusion that the western media is not universally opposed to Islam or muslims?

I'm sure our British friends on this forum would have eagerly lapped up this weeks Channel 4 "Dispatches" series on the ills/lies/and subterfuge surrounding the war in Iraq. Not exactly conducive with the zionist media theory.

The BBC have also invited the wrath of the government with their impartial journalism, which has also caused them to fall foul of the MCB. A perfect barometer of impartiality.

To call western media "zionist" or "islamaphobic" is an ignorant generalisation. For every Fox News there is a Channel 4. For every Daily Mail there is a Guardian. Both are valid, but you do a great disservice to assume that agenda led media is not transparent to the majority of it's market.

I'm not sure which poster is more amusing, you or Crusader of Steel.

Your peculiar attempt to mimic a 'Muslims' outlook on life give you the edge. Which comes second only to your desperate attempts to find ignorance, where there is none.

I said nothing about the report being based on lies. I just made an observation that when the article suits an agenda the ol' chestnut of "Zionist western media", or "anti Islamic western media" seems to fall by the wayside.

There are two newspapers mentioned in that article, both British/western and neither fall into the above stated categories. I think this thread is proof enough that the generalising of the western media is not only wrong, but ludicrous.

I read it, read it again and couldn't help but appreciate the genius!

In effect, when a news source is not 'zionist' or 'anti-islamic' no one on this forum will accuse them of being 'zionist' or 'anti-islamic' and that in turn proves those newspapers are not 'zionist' or 'anti-islamic'. Correct?

Considering no one in this thread has generalised western media as 'zionist' or 'anti-islamic', you can safely say it proves that no one has generalised western media as 'zionist' or 'anti-islamic'. You've cracked it, I'm impressed.

Maybe one of our learned and balanced moderators would care to go through this forum and remove such blatantly myopic references? It may take all day, but in the interests of clarity and adherence to the moral code of this forum, it may be worth it.

Just a suggestion.

As you have an eye for the obvious, maybe you can point out where western media has been unfairly generalised as 'zionist' or 'anti-islamic'. You're not innocent of making generalisations, in this thread and forum.

A big Jew? It's a compliment.

Robert Maxwell is the personification of a big jew. He was BIG he was a JEW and he owned the newspaper that this article pertains to. The newspaper that this thread holds in such high esteem.

What more evidence does one need to come to the conclusion that the western media is not universally opposed to Islam or muslims?

'Big Jew' is a compliment?

Terms like 'Big Jew' are from white supremist/nazi vocabulary and no self respecting jew would appreciate being addressed as such. It's not surprising to see your mind has been compromised by the BNP literature you support.

I'm sure our British friends on this forum would have eagerly lapped up this weeks Channel 4 "Dispatches" series on the ills/lies/and subterfuge surrounding the war in Iraq. Not exactly conducive with the zionist media theory.

The BBC have also invited the wrath of the government with their impartial journalism, which has also caused them to fall foul of the MCB. A perfect barometer of impartiality.

To call western media "zionist" or "islamaphobic" is an ignorant generalisation. For every Fox News there is a Channel 4. For every Daily Mail there is a Guardian. Both are valid, but you do a great disservice to assume that agenda led media is not transparent to the majority of it's market.

Again with the generalisations which highlight your own ignorance towards Muslim attitudes - ironically so.

Was the Dispatches series to critical of western policies for your approval?

Whilst entertaining, your posts go to far in revealing your thoughts: "I'm sure our British friends on this forum..."

Interesting that you don't say 'British citizens' or 'British residents'. Even in a previous statement you made clear your thoughts on Muslims living in Britain. While I can understand such prejudice from an English person, how does one of African decent turn so ignorant?

As you have an eye for the obvious, maybe you can point out where western media has been unfairly generalised as 'zionist' or 'anti-islamic'.

I did not post that but I believe you can look at any post made by Shaukat, among others, that mentions the media. Any cite of a Western source is immediately condemned as biased and part of the "zionist controlled media".

The Political section and the Islamic-Western Dialogue section are ripe with such posts.

Shagird, what on earth are you on about?

1) Are you saying that the western media has not been branded as zionist or anti-islamic on this forum. Surely not even you would propose something so silly.

2) What BNP literature do i support? Please, please, please come up with SOMETHING,ANYTHING to support this claim.

3) I am not of African descent, which hat did you pull that one out of? Unless you meant the origins of man, in which case we are all of African descent. Is that what you meant? I'm sure it was.

4) Do you really think using the term "friends" rather than citizens or residents warrants a verbal assault? If so may i suggest you take a little holiday and compose yourself.

I actually quite enjoyed the Dispatches series, in particular i enjoyed the lack of a zionist-anti-islamic taint. Good ol' western media!!

5) I am very far from your insinuation of me being anti-semetic. In fact i would go as far as to say i am in awe of the contribution Jews have made to the modern world, considering their relatively small numbers. Even their homeland stands as a monument to their versatility.

I really should brush up on my white supremacist/nazi vocabulary, don't you think?

Don't forget to address Point 2, it would be most appreciated. Don't worry, even if you fail to come up with any corroborative evidence i won't ask for a code violation to be invoked, i'm a nice guy!!

1) Are you saying that the western media has not been branded as zionist or anti-islamic on this forum. Surely not even you would propose something so silly.

There are hundreds of articles posted on this forum, from western media(or 'zionist / anti-islamic' as you prefer). You will also note non-Muslim journalists being respected and credited for their work.

Hardly the attributes of a 'fanatical forum' which rejects western media as 'zionist'. I asked you to point out where western media has been unfairly generalised as 'zionist' or 'anti-islamic'. If you cannot backup your claim against this forum's' prejudice, I request you stop spreading such silly accusations.

2) What BNP literature do i support? Please, please, please come up with SOMETHING,ANYTHING to support this claim.

I am not a BNP supporter, but some of their views are beginning to ring true. It's testament to the govenments support of the muslim community that they have gone to such lengths to censor these views, but ultimately it will backfire.

It reminds me of the classic opening: "I'm not rascist, but ..."

In effect, you were saying the BNP's literature is only being suppressed to please the Muslim community. Otherwise their Islamaphobic campaign to spread hate and ignorance should be allowed to continue.

3) I am not of African descent, which hat did you pull that one out of? Unless you meant the origins of man, in which case we are all of African descent. Is that what you meant? I'm sure it was.

My mistake, for some reason I thought you weren't of white English origin, an impression I misread in the past perhaps.

4) Do you really think using the term "friends" rather than citizens or residents warrants a verbal assault? If so may i suggest you take a little holiday and compose yourself.

I actually quite enjoyed the Dispatches series, in particular i enjoyed the lack of a zionist-anti-islamic taint. Good ol' western media!!

I'm glad you enjoyed it, however the image you presented of hungry zionist-haters 'lapping up' this series made it sound revolting.

5) I am very far from your insinuation of me being anti-semetic. In fact i would go as far as to say i am in awe of the contribution Jews have made to the modern world, considering their relatively small numbers. Even their homeland stands as a monument to their versatility.

The israelis are certainly versatile!