Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ahamed_sharif

Woman delivers Eid Sermon.

:D

Muslim woman delivers sermon

In a breakthrough, a 20-year-old York University student became the first Muslim woman in Canada to deliver part of the Eid-ul-Fitr sermon to a mixed congregation, calling on the Islamic community to keep an open mind about gender equality and to let more women lead prayers, a UNI report from Toronto said on Monday.

In a sharp departure from the Islamic tradition where women never preach or lead prayers unless it is an entirely female congregation, Maryam Mirza read the second half of the Id sermon at the Rexdale Masjid here on Saturday.

The Masjid's Imam, Jabar Ally, gave the first half of the Id sermon, while his daughter Naudia Ally also delivered a Ramadan address in front of over 300 Muslim men and women. A confident Mirza thanked the leaders for allowing the change to happen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So we are one step ----ward!

wassalaam

PropellerAds

assalaamu alaykum,

this people are nuts, modernists would change everything about Islam in the name of equality little realising that they will become no better than the kafirs if they achieve their aim.

it is simple, a man must be the one to lead the jamat when the congragation is mixed or obviously men only. a woman can only lead the jamat when it is only women present.

Question :

Can women pray in congregation ( Jamaah ) with a woman performing as Imaam ?

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

It is not prescribed for women to recite the adhaan and iqaamah as it is for men. If a woman does recite the adhaan and iqaamah, it may be one of the three following scenarios:

1 – She recites the adhaan and iqaamah for a group of men only, or for a mixed group of men and women. This is not prescribed in Islam and her adhaan and iqaamah for a group of men do not count

2 – She recites them for a group of women only.

3 – Or she recites them for herself when she is alone.

It is permissible for her to recite the adhaan for a group of women or for herself, but it is not like the case with men. For men it is more emphatically required, whereas for women, if they give the adhaan it is permissible, and if they do not, it is also permissible. If a woman does recite the adhaan, she must keep her voice low and make it just loud enough for her companions to hear.

If a woman says the iqaamah for herself or for a group of women, that is better and is closer to what is mustahabb, but if she does not do that, the prayer is still valid.

With regard to a woman leading the prayers and acting as an imaam, one of the two following scenarios may apply:

1 – A woman leading men, or a mixed group of men and women. It is not correct for a woman to lead men in prayers at all, regardless of whether it is a fard (obligatory) prayer or a naafil (supererogatory) prayer.

2 – A woman leading women in prayer. It is mustahabb for women to pray together (in jamaa’ah) when they get together in a place. One of them should lead the others, but she should stand with them in the middle of the row. It is permissible and correct for a woman to lead other women in prayer.

From Wilaayat al-Mar’ah fi’l-Fiqh al-Islami (Islam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link))

salaam aleykum

I couldnt agree with you more brother dawud.....

One wonders what this world is coming to!! all this bid'ah will cause/or already caused fitnah!!

here is a better fatwah on this issue,

Question :

In Islam, can a woman be an imaam in a Masjid? What are the conditions for a woman to be an imaam?

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

It is not permissible for a woman to lead men in prayer. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Keep women behind [in the back rows] as Allaah has commanded.� (Narrated by ‘Abd al-Razzaaq in his Musannaf, 5115. The isnaad stops at Ibn Mas’ood with a longer report than this; the isnaad is saheeh but it is not proven that this was said by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)).

Moreover, the position of imaam in the Masjid is a kind of wilaayah [public office], and wilaayah is only for men. “No nation prospers that appoints a woman over its affairs [wilaayah]� (narrated by al-Bukhaari, 13/45, 46), as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said.

There is an exception made by the Hanbalis, but this is a weak opinion. This view says that a woman may lead the men in taraaweeh if she reads well and the men present are illiterate, but she should be behind them and they should be in front of her. But there is no evidence (daleel) to support this view. The point is that it is not permissible for a woman to lead men in prayer. Yes, women may lead other women in prayer, it is OK if she leads other women. This is fine, as stated in the report of Umm Waraqah leading some of her mahrams, but as for her leading non-mahram men or as a public office [wilaayah], such as being an imaam in a Masjid, this is not permitted.

Fataawa Samaahat al-Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Humayd, p. 130 (Islam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link))

Following the Sunnah as mentioned by our fellow bros with all the hadiths pertaining to shalat is compulsory. Shalat is part of Ibadah and following the prophet's sunnah to the letter in Ibadah is compulsory. Ibadah is from Allah whereas those pertaining to earthly matters prophet Muhammad s.a.w. gives us the leeway to find whateve suits us as long as it does'nt go against the spirit of Islam. As long as we understand this then we are safe. Insyallah.

i admit i only have the word of Mufti Saleem who is the imam at my local masjid, but he was quite clear to me that to for a women to lead salaah or even pray alongside her husband & not behind invalidates both their salaah.

Guest amani

i am really getting a bit annoyed with all these women wanting to be `equal` to men in weird ways...Islam has given us so much rights yet we want a whole arm!

this is wrong wrong wrong

next they will want to lead prayers in Masjid ul Haram.

cant they get it through their heads its NOT ALLOWED?

all this women need to be equal to men business...these toooo feminist muslims is NOT what we want!

Guest Sulemaan

Assalaamalaikum,

What happened to Muslim women in the West? Are the babies to difficult to handle? Or is the labor pain so unbearable? Is the household work becoming tedious? Or do they think they know better than Allah and His Prophet :saa:?

It is ironic that like their Western cousins, Muslim women, in trying to prove they are equal to men are becoming more men and less women.

It is high time there is a single Islamic authority (Ulema) for North America to show the right from the wrong. Otherwise, the Islamic society will soon turn into a circus.

AS THE PROPHET MUHAMMAD :saa: QUOTED AS ONE OF THE MINOR SIGNS BEFORE THE DAY OF JUDGMENT:

"IGNORANCE SHALL PREVAIL"

ALLOWING A WOMAN CARRY OUT A SPEECH INFRONT OF A MIXED CROUD OF PEOPLE JUST SHOWS THE IGNORANCE OF THOSE MUSLIMS.

THE CURSE OF Allah SHOULD SURLY FALL ON THOSE WHO SPREAD LIES AND MISCONSEPTIONS ON Islam. THEY MAKE LIES ON THE SUNNAH OF OUR BELOVED PROPHET MUHAMMAD :saa: SO CURSE BE UPON THEIR SOULS.

Very, very interesting.

Fools and ignorant are they and all those who let these things happen. Nay, they are nothing but the transgressors. It is unbelivele how much they succumb to the idea of weternism not modernism.

Let them be my fellow brothers and sisters. Our duty is to point them to the right direction, after that its their problem.

Wassalam

p.s. i cant begin to express express my anger in words. May Allah (SWT) guide such people. Ameen Summa ameen.

Edited by Danish

"http://arabnews/?page=1&section=0&article=54523&d=15&m=11&y=2004&pix=kingdom.jpg&category=Kingdom"]arabnews/?page=1&section=0&...ategory=Kingdom[/url]

This was an interesting article that I was sent. The woman dressed up as a male imam and wanted to deliver the prayers but they found out. The woman is a muslim, but I don't know what she tried to accompolish.

Assalamu Alykum

lol ^^^ some ppl, its just soo weird. I am speech less, may Allah guide the muslims

AstagfirAllah. :D

May Allah guide us to the Straight Path and protect us from the evil whispers of Shaytaan.

:w:

Muslim woman delivers sermon

In a breakthrough, a 20-year-old York University student became the first Muslim woman in Canada to deliver part of the Eid-ul-Fitr sermon to a mixed congregation, calling on the Islamic community to keep an open mind about gender equality and to let more women lead prayers, a UNI report from Toronto said on Monday.

In a sharp departure from the Islamic tradition where women never preach or lead prayers unless it is an entirely female congregation, Maryam Mirza read the second half of the Id sermon at the Rexdale Masjid here on Saturday.

The Masjid's Imam, Jabar Ally, gave the first half of the Id sermon, while his daughter Naudia Ally also delivered a Ramadan address in front of over 300 Muslim men and women. A confident Mirza thanked the leaders for allowing the change to happen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So we are one step ----ward!

wassalaam

Does anybody even think to ask if they were Ahl E Sunna Wal Jamaa. ?

This is one of the reasons why we should not trust news from non-muslim sources.

Just because the reporter says that they are Muslims does not make them Muslims

true i never thought about that...??

ASLAAMWALAIKUM all

ok, as a female....i think it is wrong for women to lead prayers, give sermons etc...especially to men and women...well, if she wants to give a lecture to women, then thats fine.

Like..women are not allowed to pray next to men, then how can she stand infront of them etc.

ok, my personal experience.....i always used to wonder...why cant women lead prayers, and be imams and be forced to go out to masjid for prayers ...but i found out during ramadan....that it is better for a women to stay home and pray etc....why?? well because as we all know, women cannot read quran and pray for 7days in each month..and im sure all women would like to keep the dates a secret....then to show/tell everyone.

now, i know thats not the only reason .....only Allah swt knows.

ok, really i should not have even written about the 7day thing but im only syain it for any1 who doesnt agree with the main subject and just to make womens aware that it is best for them to pray at home, like Allah swt has ordered.

Women can't and shouldn't ever lead a man in prayer. The man will lose his focus entirely and concentrate on the beauty of the girl.

And besides, who are these people to deny the Most Merciful's command? He knows the BEST for us. His Majesty wouldn't command us to do something that wasn't fair.

Just like the Prophet (Peace be upon him) once said, Allah loves his slaves more than a mother loves her child.

Edited by Samiullah

assalamuwalaykum

It is not right for a woman to lead prayers in the masjid because would any of the sisters want men looking at their butt instead of focusing their attention on Allah.

It is not allowed for a good reason. That is because women leading prayers in the masjid may cause men to lose their focus, the woman may wear perfume which may attract men, and this may lead to zina.

This is why women are in the back while men are at the front.

Allah, subhaanahu wa ta'aalaa, says in His Glorious Book:

today, I have perfected for you your religion and completed for you My favour upon you and have chosen for you al-islaam as a religion.

when will the muslims realise that this means that any changes made to and innovations introduced into the religion destroys its beauty and perfection. do these people think that they know better than Allah?!?! wal-'iyaadhu billah.

as an aside... it's kind of funny to think that the munaafiqoon during the time of the prophet, sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam, used to peek under their arms and between their legs in sujood to take peeks at the muslimaat praying behind them. nowadays, peeking under like that is too much work, so now they put the women in front... (by the way, this is not to call these people munaafiqeen, it was just a thought that one of my friends had when i mentioned a story about some guy who goes around on tv saying he's proud to admit that he lets his wife lead him in salaah).

Our sisters are not understanding that is a concession given by Allah swt for them to pray at home. Men who reside near the masjid cannot pray at home, it is mandatory without any shara'ee reason to pray at the masjid. Rasulullah :saa: had strongly instructed men to pray at the masjid. This is not for women. Had it been so, how difficult it would have been for them. It is just optional for them to go to the masjid and pray. With background of gender equality in mind they demand that they should be allowed to go to the masjid. Personally it may satisfy them but they are corrupting the society. Days of fitnah have arrived.

During Syeduna Omar RA khilafat, when men stood for leaving before women leave the masjid Syeduna Omar use to hit them with small stones and instruct them to sit down. When this was the case during the best period of Islam. How about in these days of Fitnah. Please spare the masjids.

shukran

Hello,

I don't know but my mom used to say prayers with me all the time. She was the best. She would get home late from work and whip us all up something to eat and we'd all pray and she could bring God right there in the room. It could make that hair on that back of your neck stand up on its ends. My dad says our prayers with us now that my mom is gone but I sure do miss my mom's prayers. If my mom was alive I think she could give a good sermon too. She taught me everything I knew.

alright I don't have anything else to say.

Bye

Could someone please explain whats so wrong about a woman giving an eid sermon to a bunch of people. What makes a man more fit to give a speech then a woman?

That is because women leading prayers in the masjid may cause men to lose their focus, the woman may wear perfume which may attract men, and this may lead to zina.

But if a man comes to eid prayer to check out women instead of praying isnt that his problem that he needs to sort out with god? Am I the only one who thinks women should be proud of this instead of outraged? Am I the only one who thinks you guys need to grow up a little bit and realize that not every man is a sex craved lunatic that is too horny to even leave his lust at the door of a place of worship? And why should women have to pay because of the few males who cant control their hormones?

My christian friend says. "I take oath I will concentrate on prayers only and when I enter the church the girls around attract me and I loose the concentration". Many of my christian friends goto the church just to have fun and look around for girls, mix with them, touch them and all do all sorts of nonsense. Should the masjid also go this way?

shukran