Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
- IQRA -

Byker Grove Star 'geoff' Converts To Islam

:D

fane.jpg

Byker Grove star Geoff Fane (Billy Fane) now known as Mohammed Abdullah Hakim converted to Islam in Victoria Park Masjid (Manchester) on 1st November 2005 he declared the Shahadah in a secret ceremony with Imam Abdul Jabir to avoid publicity.

"I tried Zen and Ching, numerology, tarot cards and astrology. I tried to look back into the Bible and could not find anything. When I received the Quran , a guidance that would explain everything to me - who I was; what was the purpose of life; what was the reality and what would be the reality; and where I came from - I realized that this was the true religion; religion not in the sense the West understands it, not the type for only your old age. In the West, whoever wishes to embrace a religion and make it his only way of life is deemed a fanatic. I was not a fanatic; I was at first confused between the body and the soul. Then I realized that the body and soul are not apart and you don't have to go to the mountain to be religious. We must follow the will of God. Then we can rise higher than the angels. The first thing I wanted to do now was to be a Muslim. I just hope others will follow, I have already had discussions with "Ant & Dec" although at first critical they are coming around to the idea."

AlhamduLILAH

PropellerAds

This maybe fake...

Cat Stevens & His Journey To Islam!

I tried Zen and Ching, numerology, tarot cards and astrology. I tried to look back into the Bible and could not find anything. At this time I did not know anything about Islam, and then, what I regarded as a miracle occurred. My brother had visited the Masjid in Jerusalem and was greatly impressed that while on the one hand it throbbed with life (unlike the churches and synagogues which were empty), on the other hand, an atmosphere of peace and tranquillity prevailed.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_66.249.93.104/search?q=cache:Htma-VP-f84J:www.nd.edu/~nduma/cat.htm+I+tried+Zen+and+Ching,umerology,+tarot+cards+and+asrlogy&hl=en"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_66.249.93.104/search?q=cache:Htma-V...astrology&hl=en[/url]

WOW mashAllah

i remember him

woow

Allahu Akbar! May Allah swt strengthen his imaan, and make him a guiding light for Islam. Ameen.

As brother Panthera Tigris pointed out, the testimony posted on behalf of Geoff Fane is surely fake. The entire paragraph is made of bits and pieces from Yusuf Islam's testimony.

Follow the bold phrases and connect them. They are said to be Geoff's words but they aren't. Source: (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_66.249.93.104/search?q=cache:Htma-VP-f84J:www.nd.edu/~nduma/cat.%20htm+I+tried+Zen+and+Ching,+n%20erology,+tarot+cards+and+astlogy&hl=en"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_66.249.93.104/search?q=cache:Htma-V...astrology&hl=en[/url]

I tried Zen and Ching, numerology, tarot cards and astrology. I tried to look back into the Bible and could not find anything. At this time I did not know anything about Islam, and then, what I regarded as a miracle occurred. My brother had visited the Masjid in Jerusalem and was greatly impressed that while on the one hand it throbbed with life (unlike the churches and synagogues which were empty), on the other hand, an atmosphere of peace and tranquillity prevailed.

And when I received the book, a guidance that would explain everything to me - who I was; what was the purpose of life; what was the reality and what would be the reality; and where I came from - I realized that this was the true religion; religion not in the sense the West understands it, not the type for only your old age. In the West, whoever wishes to embrace a religion and make it his only way of life is deemed a fanatic. I was not a fanatic, I was at first confused between the body and the soul. Then I realized that the body and soul are not apart and you don't have to go to the mountain to be religious. We must follow the will of God. Then we can rise higher than the angels. The first thing I wanted to do now was to be a Muslim.

So it's not true then? He didnt embrace Islam? :D

Not sure. I think he did, Alhamdulillah. But the testimony posted here, which is said to be his, is not original.

oh..inshALLAH i hope the news is true...

hmm anyone live around Manchester Victoria Park Masjid & willing to find out??

Victoria Park Masjid (Manchester) on 1st November 2005 he declared the Shahadah in a secret ceremony with Imam Abdul Jabir to avoid publicity.

Wa-'Alaikum-Salaam,

SubhanALLAH, people that are searching are guided!

May Allah bring more people to Islam, AMEEN