Islamic Forum
Citizen X

My Eyes Are Tired...

:D

My eyes feel very tired lately. I realize also that my eyes are dry.

I need something to moisturize my eyes, but also something to refresh/rejuvenate my eyes. If I get eye drops, that would at least help with moisturization, but I'm not sure if it would help my eyes feel rejuvenated.

The other problem with eye drops is that I hate putting stuff in my eye. I used eye drops a long time ago and it was hard to keep my eye lids forced open while putting the drops in.

PropellerAds

Assalamaualikum,

How about trying surma? That makes your eyes feel nice and refreshed.

Wsalams

brother Citizen it sounds like you have probably strained your eyes a bit, hanging out with the computer too much...can you take a break from computers?

I've also heard that drinking drink water! seriously, you can even read that here:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.moondragon(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/health/disorders/eyestired.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.moondragon(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/health/disorders/eyestired.html[/url]

Hope it gets better for you, insha Allah you will be in my dua's,

Yes, eye strain due to computers is part of the problem. Unfortunately, I'm on the PC all day at work, and I'm busy at work. Can't really take a break from it. :D

I looked up surma on Google, but nothing came up that seemed like a remedy for something. :D

Guest amani

Hey sis....whats surma?

surma = kohl :D

Asalamu alaikum,

1. Splash your eyes with water vigorously for 2-3 minutes. If you do wudhoo for the 5 daily prayers, then splashing is not necessary. Even then if you do so, theres no harm.

2. After every 2-3 hours close your eyes and apply pressure on them with both of your palms gently for 40 seconds. Then release.

3. Every so often blink continuously for 20 seconds. i.e 2 blinks/sec

4. Use a shield for your monitor (sorry dont know the exact name of that device).

I need something to moisturize my eyes, but also something to refresh/rejuvenate my eyes. If I get eye drops, that would at least help with moisturization, but I'm not sure if it would help my eyes feel rejuvenated.

The other problem with eye drops is that I hate putting stuff in my eye. I used eye drops a long time ago and it was hard to keep my eye lids forced open while putting the drops in.

Try drops of distilled rose water, its cool, refreshing and reviving for the eyes. If you have difficulty putting the drops in get someone to squeeze a few drops in.

Alternatively soothe your eyes with cotton-wool dabbed in pure Rose Water. Place the cotton pads on eyes for ten minutes, and lie still to ease away tension.

Distilled rose water works well though at least for me :D

Assalamaualikum,

Surmah is kohl. It's sunnah to wear it. It is said to improve one's eyesight.

I didn't know what surma was, so I asked. Then a couple people said surma is kohl. Well, I don't know what kohl is either! I couldn't find much good info when I looked it up. Today I looked up kohl and didn't find anything good. I just found that kohl supposedly has a lot of lead in it. Look at this:

Lead poisoning is dangerous to the growth and development of young children. A child with lead poisoning can have trouble learning, paying attention and behaving.

Large amounts of lead are contained in traditional products used in some cultures. These include home remedies (e.g., Azarcon and Greta) used to treat illness, and imported eye powders (e.g, Surma and Kohl) used for eye health and beauty. Children treated with these products can get very high amounts of lead.

Source: (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.cchealth(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/topics/lead_poison/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.cchealth(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/topics/lead_poison/[/url]

P.S. I got eye drops, but only used them a couple times. Perhaps someday I'll try soaking cotton balls with rose water and putting them over my eyelids.

Assalamaualikum,

You have to get the pure kohl not the impure ones.

from that website, it says only children can be affected by lead not really adults.

salam

i know alooot of ppl who put lemon into the eyez :D

they say it helps nd strenghen the sight but i dono i think its weird

wut are ur views?

w salam

Salam brother :D

when i was at the hostel a year ago my eyes got infected badly...no pharmacies near ...so all the girls told me that TEA is the cure for that...i found that silly but when i tried it it really helped very quickly ...my eyes were almost cured the next day...and they told me its also good for eyes in general not only infections...it gives them moisture and shine ...i only tried that when i got infected so i dont know about the rest...its tea without suger :D ..ALSO IT SHOULDNT BE HOT...JUST A LITTEL BIT WARM NOT SO WARM...put that on a piece of cotton

one brother mensioned lemon!! isnt it acidic ...wont it hurt the eyes??

inshaAllah u will feel better soon ...sleep well and don't stare at the pc closely

ma'lsalama :D

inshALLAH hope your eyes are getting better...but here are some tips...

- Blink more and exercise your eyes by looking up, down and making circles with your eyes...(sorry, if you know what i mean)

- Get a teaspoon and warm it up by putting it in boiling water, then wrap it in a cloth and put the spoon over your eyes-but make sure the spoon isnt too hot.

- Use your heater (preferably radiators) and while the heating is on, put your eyes over the heat, until your eyes water- this may also help...

-finally, try some eyes drops, as they have quite a lot in the market for tired and dry eyes.

Assalam O Alaikum Brother,

I have heard putting honey in ones eyes really helps alot. It has to be absolutely pure honey that is of a good quality. It might burn a little bit when you first put it in but it seriously helps alot. Also surma helps too. As a kid my grandma always put it in my eyes and it feels really nice to put it since it cools down the eyes. :D

Walaikum Assalam.

salam

me too heard that about honey... hard to believe lol

wut does strenghen the eye?

w salam