Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
undacova_bruva

Whats Going On?

salam

i avent been here in ages, and now i have come back its so wierd and not inviting at all to non Muslim people, espeically the front page which guest can see. it goes to much down and across, the ad's dont bother me coz they are needed, but nonMuslims wouldnt exactly want to come here, i dont like it.

there are like 12 people online currently, of who 7 are mods...why the need for all the mod, if non-one even comes here anymore?

i am sure this topic wil b closed and i wil get banned, but IF if not what it used to be to say the least, all these extra's make it look tacky, back to how it was i think so anyway...

waslamualaikum

PropellerAds

:D

Thanks for your feedback brother, and welcome back.

What exactly are you referring to brother? do you mean the quotes of members on the middle of page? or the boxes and the right side?

If you're referring to the quotes, I added them to encourage people to join the forum. My stats show that yhe number of daily new registrations at least doubled. People who used to just read without registering, are now irritated by the long quotes at top of pages. And those who visit for the first time can be convinced to join us when they read the positive members' quotes. Once they register and login, these quotes disappear and they see pages as we do.

Without registering, guests will never post any questions, or share any thoughts. Thats not what we're after. We need interaction, to be involved and it enables us to answer their questions or misconceptions about Islam.

As for the mods, this time of day is usually low in traffic, but other times the numbers reach 120 online, sometimes a few hundreds. Mods are mostly needed here. In fact, we're short of mods, and we always welcome new applicants. Without mods, forums could turn ugly in no time.

I appreciate any further thoughts you may have. Feel free to post them here, thats what this section is for. :D

Since you have not been here for a long time Howcome you know so much about the Forum brother :D ?

so you mean you just judged this entire forum and its contents by a first glance and impression? After all, you havent been here in ages?

salam,

im on quite a few forums, and when im on the internet, i autmotaically go to this one (subhanalah) im stil kinda new, an i do get lost but when i am lost in some wierd section i learn more and its very complex, which i like. yeah the front page is too annoyin, i think theres too much "positive" comments, just a few will be enough. but overall i don think its boring i think its good. keep up the good work mods! :D

salam

What exactly are you referring to brother? do you mean the quotes of members on the middle of page? or the boxes and the right side?

both really

As for the mods, this time of day is usually low in traffic, but other times the numbers reach 120 online, sometimes a few hundreds. Mods are mostly needed here. In fact, we're short of mods, and we always welcome new applicants. Without mods, forums could turn ugly in no time.

ok, cool thats up to you :D

Since you have not been here for a long time Howcome you know so much about the Forum brother :D ?

well i can see what has happened from the last time and from now..it was only a suggestion/complaint, it seems lke ur accusing me of something, what do you mean by 'know so much'??

so you mean you just judged this entire forum and its contents by a first glance and impression?

not quite, i had a look around and it wasnt as it was, im not pathetic, just taking one glance, what do you take me for..? seems like you came across so defencively becuase your a mod, it was only a suggestion to the forum leader

salam,

im on quite a few forums, and when im on the internet, i autmotaically go to this one (subhanalah) im stil kinda new, an i do get lost but when i am lost in some wierd section i learn more and its very complex, which i like. yeah the front page is too annoyin, i think theres too much "positive" comments, just a few will be enough. but overall i don think its boring i think its good. keep up the good work mods! :D

yeh i agree, there are to many, but personally i dont think it needs any, it should be back to how it was, when people could browse freely, and there was an anonymous user thing, but its up to you :D

waslaam