Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chebeya

Music......................

Alsalaamu Alaykum

Hi sister Chebeya.

No one can confirm that music is haram untill there is proof found from a verse from the Quran or from a hadeeth, stating that it is haram. And no one has found such verses or ahadeeth.

I can't tell you it is haram, because saying something is haram in Islam, when you're not 100% sure is haram itself. I also can't tell you it's halal for the same reason.

But what I can do is give you some advice.

First of all, try avoid listening to the love/romance related music. Like, in weddings or special occassions or every now and then (like, once every two weeks or so) I guess maybe it's okay. But not too often.

Also, try not to listen to TOO much music in general (even if it doesn't include any love-relation thing) often, because it makes you drift away from your religion (Islam) and you'll find that your deen is getting weaker. Listen, but not too much so that you are overdoing it.

Instead, why don't you try listening to anasheed? Anasheed as in the kind with (www.)"http://enshad/htm/main.htm"]no music [/url]in it. Or if you're DYING for music, try listening to Islamic songs like anything by (www.)"http://samiyusuf"]Sami Yusuf[/url] or (www.)"http://786boyz/"]786Boyz[/url].

But all of these you can listen to them, no problemo (inshaAllah), but try not to listen to music TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH. Because, like I said, it makes you drift awaaaaaaay...from Islam, and makes you lessen from reading Quran. And believe me, the more you read Quran and enjoy it, the more you won't feel like listening to music as much as you used to.

Trust me, I've tried it.

Hope this doesn't sound too strict to you, and inshaAllah no matter what happens, you'll stay a good muslima, always close to Allah!

Allah Be With You :D

A/A

:D

Sister as you have asked for a hadith regarding music being haraam. here it is...

Narrated by Abu ‘Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash’ari: That he heard the Prophet saying “from amongst my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of mountain and in the evening their shepherded will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, ‘return to us tomorrow.’ Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection.†(Sahih Al Bukhari. Vol. 7. Book 69. Hadith 494B)

hope this was helpful.

w/salaam

Edited by noxiouspython

Asaalam Mulykum

music only weakens ur soul it is a distraction from the quran.

So anything that distract us from God is haram....like watching tv, playing with your siblings, chating with your friends, eat meals, our childrens or family, going to school............. you thing all these things are haram....... In my opinion these things are NOT HARAM.....its are behaviour that is haram.......When I read Quran's translation i play music or songs on my PC.......it helps me to concentrate and understand Quran properly......

noxiouspython now can you please tell me any ayaah that says that music or singing is haram?

Have you ever sat somewhere and marveled at how quiet it was? You are acutely aware of sound because it is so unusual to be without noise, We always hear hum from machines, the rumble of traffic, a plane, or other people talking Modern noise pollution is subtle, inconspicuous, and more dangerous than we realize

Exposure to most noises causes irritation, stress, and can result in permanent hearing loss and health problems. It's difficult to eliminate noise, Often we try to cover offending ambient noise with music. If you like the music, it usually results in fewer physical problems

We know that brain waves are modified by sounds. Beta brain waves, those between 14 and 20 hertz are most common. We achieve relaxed concentration or lucid awareness when alpha waves, between 8 and 13 hertz, are present Music with about 60 heats per minute--particularly that of Mozart, Brahms, and Bach--shifts the brain's activity from beta to the higher-awareness alpha waves

It's called the Mozart Effect. This type of music lowers stress and increases concentration. A study in England found students scored 10 points higher on an IQ test after listening to Mozart compared to those exposed to silence, white noise, or other music. White noise is just low-level random sounds. Examples are radio static and running water.)

Researchers suggest that we respond to music because our bodies are rhythmic. Our breathing, heartbeat, and many other body functions have an intrinsic rhythm.

Certain music invigorates people, while other melodies calm them. Other tunes make you sleepy or keep you awake Supermarkets, department stores, and event managers have used music to shape human behavior. Music can be used to make people move faster or slower, to encourage them to shop longer, persuade them to action, or help them to relax.

Other recent research links exposure to music to improved mental skills. Einstein played the violin and believed this helped his subconscious mind to solve problems. Many people who suffer from insomnia find that some of Bach's music helps them. Lively popular music boosts energy and endurance. These results aren't new

But being exposed to music you dislike causes negative effects, including higher blood pressure and stress. Most adults refer to the tunes teenagers listen to as noise. Teens feel the same way about other people's music. There's a story about a large group of young people gathering daily near a convenience store. They weren't doing anything wrong, but their presence irritated the store's owner and customers. The owner had an idea. He piped classical music outside the store, and the teens quickly disappeared.

Martin Gardiner of Brown University checked the relationship between arrest records of teenagers and their involvement in music. Gardiner found that the more a teen was associated with music, the lower the arrest record. Teens with music education were less likely to get into trouble than students without it. Those who also played a musical instrument, played in a band, or were in a chorus had even fewer problems with the law.

Retail stores have discovered that sales increase when they play easy-listening music. Apparently this music calms shoppers and encourages them to spend more time in the store.

Light, easy-paced music tends to help most people concentrate for a longer time, and improves their ability to memorize facts. However, with some people this music has the opposite effect. It distracts and disturbs those who are more analytical or inhibited than the norm. Listen to various kinds of music to determine its effect on you.

The tempo of religious music induces a feeling of peace and helps a person cope with physical and emotional pain. On the other end of the spectrum, heavy metal, rap, or martial music excites the nervous system and prompts people to dynamic action or aggressive behavior. It's not surprising that Gulf War pilots listened to recordings of heavy metal music before launching their offensive flights into battle.

Studies are under way to determine if music can cure or help emotional problems and people with brain injuries or Alzheimer's.

The effects of sounds on other aspects of nature have also been known for centuries. In southern India, farmers believe the gentle sounds of humming and buzzing insects guarantee healthy sprouting of the sugarcane. Carefully conducted experiments have proved that plants grow faster when music, especially tunes in the low frequency range of 100 to 600 hertz, are piped over the fields or into greenhouses. Farm animals and pets have been known to respond to music.

Your heartbeat tends to synchronize with any ambient pulsation. With modern rap music, there is concern as to what the unnatural rhythm changes do to listeners' bodies, emotions, and even their subconscious. Long-term effects are unknown.

Music will influence our health and behavior. By knowing about its effects, we can use it to our benefit.

Roger H. Meyer writes on health issues from Kentwood, Michigan

I agree with aburafay that "For several things, there is a good and bad side." and same goes for music and singing.

The hadith:

Narrated by Abu ‘Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash’ari: That he heard the Prophet saying “from amongst my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. .........

says it all. I have nothing to add.

Wassalam

Asssalamu alaykum

have anyone heard of harun yahya? well i do download documentaries about Islam and read books that help me alot strengthening my faith

i listen to the song, well by music its defination, i think is something like instrument that it is not permitted, but listen to song about Allah(SWT) and Islamic song wihtout music cannot be categorized as haram

just need help from our brother abu rafay to clear my thing whether it is correcr or wrong

May Allah bless us and save us from all evil things

Asssalamu alaykum

have anyone heard of harun yahya? well i do download documentaries about Islam and read books that help me alot strengthening my faith

i listen to the song, well by music its defination, i think is something like instrument that it is not permitted, but listen to song about Allah(SWT) and Islamic song wihtout music cannot be categorized as haram

just need help from our brother abu rafay to clear my thing whether it is correcr or wrong

May Allah bless us and save us from all evil things

Musical instruments, excluding duff (which is like a drum), are covered by the hadith quoted above.

Nasheed, where praises of Allah :D are sung, with or without a duff, are accepted. But within limits. One should concentrate more on reading, understanding and implementingthe Qur'an. If one spends time listening to stories that are not in the Qur'an and authentic hadith, or in listening to poetry where Allah :D is praised, one is not doing the right thing. Stories and poetry are man-made, and can have contents that are questionable.

Harun Yahya is good, but the Qur'an and its tafsir should be your main source of knowledge, with hadith, where needed.

Wassalam

Assalamu alaykum

HMmmm yes i agree with you brother.

thank you for the clarification

May Allah bless you, and plz do pray for me

May Allah bless us all and guide us to the straight way.ameen

Narrated by Abu ‘Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash’ari: That he heard the Prophet saying “from amongst my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful

Alrasool (PBUH) said that there are some of his followers who will consider 'illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful' but he didn't say all of it is unlawful. Or maybe I'm not getting the hadeeth? :D

Alrasool (PBUH) said that there are some of his followers who will consider 'illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful' but he didn't say all of it is unlawful. Or maybe I'm not getting the hadeeth? :D

Your salutations sister! :D

Illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks are matters that have been clearly prohibited/discouraged in Islam. Musical instruments have not been so clearly stated elsewhere. People who consider them prohibited/discouraged use this hadith to show the category in which musical instruments have been placed.

Wassalam

Maybe I can cope with the sexual and alcoholic prohibitations, but silk and music? What's with that? Silk is a type of material and music is a beat, why would it be considered unlawful?

music has limits. we must respect the limits that have been given to us. there are rules for music that is for our own benifit, whether we see the benifits or not. now thats not to say we can't sing to our children, or to our spouses. there are some great steps you can make to replace the radio, or cds that you might enjoy listening to. everytime you want to listen to music, why not put a recitation of the Qur'an in? You can always go to www.islamway(contact admin if its a beneficial link) they have a huge selection of recitors. I dont really recommend Sami Yusuf because he uses different instruments in some songs. Why not listen to a lecture and increase your love for our Prophet :D it takes time, Shaytaan will try his best to discourage you, but once you get there you will wonder why you spent so much time with a 2 minute song instead of with the Qur'an. remember everytime you give up something for the sake of Allah :D He will replace it with something greater! what an amazing gift for our sincere efforts :D

Illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks are matters that have been clearly prohibited/discouraged in Islam. Musical instruments have not been so clearly stated elsewhere. People who consider them prohibited/discouraged use this hadith to show the category in which musical instruments have been placed.

brother ÇáÓáÇã Úáíßã.

I know the illegal sexual intercourse and the drinking of alcoholic drinks is haram (not sure about the wearing the silk thing though. Is that rule for women as well?), but I meant the part about the musical instruments thing.

music has limits. we must respect the limits that have been given to us. there are rules for music that is for our own benifit, whether we see the benifits or not. now thats not to say we can't sing to our children, or to our spouses. there are some great steps you can make to replace the radio, or cds that you might enjoy listening to. everytime you want to listen to music, why not put a recitation of the Qur'an in? You can always go to islamway they have a huge selection of recitors.

Why not listen to a lecture and increase your love for our Prophet it takes time, Shaytaan will try his best to discourage you, but once you get there you will wonder why you spent so much time with a 2 minute song instead of with the Qur'an. remember everytime you give up something for the sake of Allah He will replace it with something greater! what an amazing gift for our sincere efforts

I'm with you :D

The stricter scholars use the ayah:

31:6. And of mankind is he who purchases idle talk (Lahw Al-Hadith) to mislead from the path of Allah without knowledge, and takes it by way of mockery. For such there will be a humiliating torment.

In the abridged tafsir Ibn Kathir, the words idle talk have been defined as (And of mankind is he who purchases Lahu Al-Hadith to mislead (men) from the path of Allah), he said, "This -- by Allah -- refers to singing.''

Salam,

It is only lakwal hadith (vain hadith) which is considered as bad. Lahwal hadith is used in the quran opposite to ahsan-al-hadith.

“God sent down the best Hadith, (ahsan-al-Hadith) a scripture that is consistent, repeating.â€(39:23)

Even assuming, not accepting, the interpretation that it refers to music, maximum we can say only bad music which mislead people from the path of Allah and create it as mockery is bad. Does all music mislead people from the path of Allah? Does all music create the path of Allah a mockery? In that case, only bad music should be considered as Lahwal hadith, not all music. We need to use our simple common sense here instead of blindly following others interpretations.

salam

brother ÇáÓáÇã Úáíßã.

I know the illegal sexual intercourse and the drinking of alcoholic drinks is haram (not sure about the wearing the silk thing though. Is that rule for women as well?), but I meant the part about the musical instruments thing.

I'm with you :D

:D sister!

Sorry for the confusion, wearing of silk for men is prohibited. For women it is allowed. There are several ahadith, I shall quote two to give the evidence, :D:

007.072.740 - Dress - - - -

Narrated Al-Bara

The Prophet ordered us to observe seven things: To visit the sick; follow funeral processions; say 'May Allah bestow His Mercy on you', to the sneezer if he says, 'Praise be to Allah!; He forbade us to wear silk, Dibaj, Qassiy and Istibarq (various kinds of silken clothes); or to use red Mayathir (silk-cushions). (See Hadith No. 253 A, Vol. 8).

For women:

007.072.733 - Dress - - - -

Narrated Anas bin Malik

that he had seen Um Kulthum, the daughter of Allah's Apostle , wearinga red silk garment.

Thus, silk is haram for men. And, if music is included with things that are clearly forbidden, it is also in the same category.

Wassalam

Sometimes I get really shocked at how we expect our intelect to understand based on common sense...

We need to use our simple common sense here instead of blindly following others interpretations.

Sayyidna Abdullah bin Abbas, Radi-Allahu anhu, reported that Prophet MuhammadSall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam said, “Whoever says something in interpreting the Qur’an based on his own opinion should find his place in the Fire.†[Tirmidhi Hadith No. 4023]

Salam,

It is only lakwal hadith (vain hadith) which is considered as bad. Lahwal hadith is used in the quran opposite to ahsan-al-hadith.

“God sent down the best Hadith, (ahsan-al-Hadith) a scripture that is consistent, repeating.â€(39:23)

Even assuming, not accepting, the interpretation that it refers to music, maximum we can say only bad music which mislead people from the path of Allah and create it as mockery is bad. Does all music mislead people from the path of Allah? Does all music create the path of Allah a mockery? In that case, only bad music should be considered as Lahwal hadith, not all music. We need to use our simple common sense here instead of blindly following others interpretations.

salam

Sister, if a sahabi of the class of Ibn Mas`ud says:

[æóãöäó ÇáäøóÇÓö ãóä íóÔúÊóÑöì áóåúæó ÇáúÃóÃöíËö áöíõÖöáøó Úóä ÓóÈöíáö Çááøóåö]

(And of mankind is he who purchases Lahu Al-Hadith to mislead (men) from the path of Allah), he said, "This -- by Allah -- refers to singing.''

and Ibn Kathir says:

(Allah has sent down the Best Statement, a Book, its parts resembling each other (and) oft-repeated. The skins of those who fear their Lord shiver from it. Then their skin and their heart soften to the remembrance of Allah) (39:23). He connect that with mention of the doomed, those who turn away from the Qur'an and do not benefit from hearing the Words of Allah. Instead, they turn to listening to flutes and singing accompanied by musical instruments.

can you make your own ijtihad and arrive at a different conclusion?

Wassalam

Sister as you have asked for a hadith regarding music being haraam. here it is...

Narrated by Abu ‘Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash’ari: That he heard the Prophet saying “from amongst my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of mountain and in the evening their shepherded will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, ‘return to us tomorrow.’ Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection.†(Sahih Al Bukhari. Vol. 7. Book 69. Hadith 494B)

hope this was helpful.

w/salaam

WHY ARE PEOPLE IGNORING THIS HADITH!!!! IF THE PROPHET :D SAYS SOMETHING THAT HAS BEEN DECIDED!!! NO MORE!!!

(sorry for yelling but this is insanity! We call ourselves and yet question the Prophet pbuh???)

w/salaam

Edited by noxiouspython

WHY ARE PEOPLE IGNORING THIS HADITH!!!! IF THE PROPHET :D SAYS SOMETHING THAT HAS BEEN DECIDED!!! NO MORE!!!

(sorry for yelling but this is insanity! We call ourselves and yet question the Prophet pbuh???)

w/salaam

:D brother!

Sabr. This is a delicate subject. Many people are so addicted to music that they need to be convinced that it is prohibited. A sister has asked the question on the basis of your daleel. :D they will understand, be patient.

WAssalam

ÇáÓáÇã Úáíßã

Sabr. This is a delicate subject. Many people are so addicted to music that they need to be convinced that it is prohibited. A sister has asked the question on the basis of your daleel. they will understand, be patient.

I'm not addicted. If I had to stop listening to music, I totally would. It's not like it's a great sacrfice (even if it was, I would). And I know it is better to avoid music, but, you know, my wondering is if it is haram or halal. And thank you for trying to clear it all up.

But if music was really haram, then wouldn't Allah ÊÚÇáì have made it totally clear for us in the Qur'an. Like, plain 'Music is haram'.

WHY ARE PEOPLE IGNORING THIS HADITH!!!! IF THE PROPHET SAYS SOMETHING THAT HAS BEEN DECIDED!!! NO MORE!!!

Lol. Sorry. I'm not ignoring it though. I guess if I were to stop listening to music, it would be because of the hadeeth -- “from amongst my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of mountain and in the evening their shepherded will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, ‘return to us tomorrow.’ Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection.” .

- Is drumming (tabl) counted as music?

السلام عليكم

I'm not addicted. If I had to stop listening to music, I totally would. It's not like it's a great sacrfice (even if it was, I would). And I know it is better to avoid music, but, you know, my wondering is if it is haram or halal. And thank you for trying to clear it all up.

Sorry, if I hurt you sister. But, even the most addicted person will deny addiction. Ask a heavy smoker, and he will tell you that he can stop smoking when he wants.

But if music was really haram, then wouldn't Allah تعالى have made it totally clear for us in the Qur'an. Like, plain 'Music is haram'.

Lol. Sorry. I'm not ignoring it though.

I suggest you read my post at (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?s=&showtopic=18048&view=findpost&p=236120"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?s=&showto...ndpost&p=236120[/url]. Allah :sw; has stated in the Qur'an, and Tafsir Ibn Kathir has explained to us what it means:

31:6 But there are, among men, those who purchase idle tales, without knowledge (or meaning), to mislead (men) from the Path of Allah and throw ridicule (on the Path): for such there will be a Humiliating Penalty.

I guess if I were to stop listening to music, it would be because of the hadeeth -- “from amongst my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of mountain and in the evening their shepherded will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, ‘return to us tomorrow.’ Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection.” .

- Is drumming (tabl) counted as music?

Duff is allowed, probably as it is used in something positive (encouraging the army in marching to battle), etc. Duff is made similar to tabla (drum).

Wassalam

One of the few major differences I've seen between Islam and Christianity.

Isa 38:20 The LORD was ready to save me: therefore we will sing my songs to the stringed instruments all the days of our life in the house of the LORD.

Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

These verses encourage music. I couldn't possibly live without music. It frees my soul.

Eze 16:13 Thus wast thou decked with gold and silver; and thy raiment was of fine linen, and silk, and broidered work; thou didst eat fine flour, and honey, and oil: and thou wast exceeding beautiful, and thou didst prosper into a kingdom.

Pr 31:22 She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.

A virtuous woman was instructed to wear silk and was sought as one of the finer materials of its time.

Well, I just wonder what you have against these things and why...

ÇáÓáÇã Úáíßã

Sorry, if I hurt you sister. But, even the most addicted person will deny addiction. Ask a heavy smoker, and he will tell you that he can stop smoking when he wants.

I'm not addicted. But thank you for everything anyway.

One of the few major differences I've seen between Islam and Christianity.

Isa 38:20 The LORD was ready to save me: therefore we will sing my songs to the stringed instruments all the days of our life in the house of the LORD.

Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

These verses encourage music. I couldn't possibly live without music. It frees my soul.

Eze 16:13 Thus wast thou decked with gold and silver; and thy raiment was of fine linen, and silk, and broidered work; thou didst eat fine flour, and honey, and oil: and thou wast exceeding beautiful, and thou didst prosper into a kingdom.

Pr 31:22 She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.

A virtuous woman was instructed to wear silk and was sought as one of the finer materials of its time.

Well, I just wonder what you have against these things and why...

Peace Undertaker!

Music and silk are not major issues. :D They are extremely minor compared to the core differences.

Music and singing is prohibited as it distracts a person from reciting the Qur'an. If a person lisyens continuosly to music, his/her natural instinct is to humm whenever idle. But, when he/she reads/listens to teh Qur'an whenever possible, what he/she naturally does is to recite verses from the Qur'an, which is beneficial in every way possible.

Silk is forbidden for men, not women. Possibly because it gives an effeminate personality/attitude to the wearer.

It is not I or anybody else who has anything against them. It is Allah :D (our Creator) and His last Messenger :D who have forbidden these things. Allah :D is All-Knowing, hence He prohibits anything that is not good for us.

Peace out

Sister, if a sahabi of the class of Ibn Mas`ud says: (And of mankind is he who purchases Lahu Al-Hadith to mislead (men) from the path of Allah), he said, "This -- by Allah -- refers to singing.''

can you make your own ijtihad and arrive at a different conclusion?

Wassalam

salam,

How do we know that in fact Ibn Masud gave this interpretation. It may be just attributed to him. Let me quote for you another interpretation attributed to Ibn Masud. I may get even blocked for quoting the following Sahih Hadith. But I don’t care if this happens.

(11:114) Establish worship at the two ends of the day and in some watches of the night. Lo! Good deeds annul ill deeds. This is a reminder for the mindful.

Now see the explanation of Bukhari:

Bukhari (ref: 6.209), narrated Ibn Masud: A man kissed a woman and then came to Allah's Messenger and told him that. So this Divine Inspiration was revealed to the Prophet: (11:114) “Establish worship at the two ends of the day and in some watches of the night. Lo! Good deeds annul ill deeds. This is a reminder for the mindfulâ€. The man said, "Is this information for me only?" The Prophet said, "It is for all those of my followers who encounter a similar situation."

You were telling about idle tales (vain hadith) being singing. But in fact Allah warns you of such kinds of hadiths which make the verses of the Quran a mockery.

“Some people uphold vain Hadith in order to divert others from the path of God without knowledge, and to create a mockery out of it. These have deserved humiliating retributionâ€. - (31:6)

wassalam

salam,

How do we know that in fact Ibn Masud gave this interpretation. It may be just attributed to him.

Are you disputing the hadith that states that he said it? What is your basis?

Let me quote for you another interpretation attributed to Ibn Masud. I may get even blocked for quoting the following Sahih Hadith. But I don’t care if this happens.

(11:114) Establish worship at the two ends of the day and in some watches of the night. Lo! Good deeds annul ill deeds. This is a reminder for the mindful.

Now see the explanation of Bukhari:

Bukhari (ref: 6.209), narrated Ibn Masud: A man kissed a woman and then came to Allah's Messenger and told him that. So this Divine Inspiration was revealed to the Prophet: (11:114) “Establish worship at the two ends of the day and in some watches of the night. Lo! Good deeds annul ill deeds. This is a reminder for the mindful”. The man said, "Is this information for me only?" The Prophet said, "It is for all those of my followers who encounter a similar situation."

Again, are you disputing the hadith or its contents? Or, are you trying to blame Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud in some way?

You were telling about idle tales (vain hadith) being singing. But in fact Allah warns you of such kinds of hadiths which make the verses of the Quran a mockery.

“Some people uphold vain Hadith in order to divert others from the path of God without knowledge, and to create a mockery out of it. These have deserved humiliating retribution”. - (31:6)

wassalam

Do you know Arabic? Are you a better scholar than Ibn Kathir? Your translation is from a deviant cult. If you are one of them, I shall have to ask all mods to be carefull of what you post. If you are not, I shall sincerely advise you to stay away from them. Their leader claimed prophethood, but was charged of girl-molestation, a case he did not contest.

Abdullah Yusuf Ali's translation reads as follows:

1:6 But there are, among men, those who purchase idle tales, without knowledge (or meaning), to mislead (men) from the Path of Allah and throw ridicule (on the Path): for such there will be a Humiliating Penalty.

The whole meaning is different.

Wassalam