Islamic Forum
MaKSofaHãßÓæ�É

Medical Check Up Before Marriage

Medical Check up  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Would you demand it?

• Yes, It's a must before marriage agreement .
    • No.
    • It depends on the person.
    • Undecided.

Istikhara is simply a dua in which we ask Allah to guide us and make us content with the outcome, good or bad. That's it. Just because you make the Istikhara doesn't mean the marriage will be happily ever after. Marriage is a serious issue and those of us seeking marriage should be serious about it before and after.

Exactly. Besides Istikhara, one can simply pray to Allah Almighty through 5 times prayers, but no one can be sure about future, knowledge of which is only with Allah Almighty. Prayers, however can do wonders. Im against the medical checkup, especially for the marriage purpose. It amounts to humiliation.

PropellerAds
Exactly. Besides Istikhara, one can simply pray to Allah Almighty through 5 times prayers, but no one can be sure about future, knowledge of which is only with Allah Almighty. Prayers, however can do wonders. Im against the medical checkup, especially for the marriage purpose. It amounts to humiliation.

If having a medical check up will cause humiliation, then double think before you marry LOL

:sl:

If having a medical check up will cause humiliation, then double think before you marry LOL

:j:

:sl: sister

and what does that means

I'll just listen to my heart really,alhumdulilah the best source to follow. :j:

during the times of fitnah, the true colors are exposed.

The pious people see this as a blessing,a test from Allah(swt),so they remain patient,keep trust in Allah,and move on as quickly as possible.

As the more pious one is,the more tests they will get to examine their faith.

Remember the Prophet. :)

Edited by Aaqib Ahmed

I am just curious to know what people understand by the term 'medical check-up'? What are your expectations? Are we talking about a simple 'check-up' from a family doctor (GP); perhaps a blood test or two? Or do you expect a full psychiatric analysis, followed by an MRI scan, genetic screening, fertility testing, intimite examinations etc...

Should we request a copy of our prospective's medical notes?

How many tests need to be carried out before one is satisfied with the outcome? Even then, it is impossible to eliminate everything.

I simply ask these questions out of interest. If I'm honest when I first read this thread I thought that requesting a simple medical test is not a big deal. However, now that I have insight into the medical field I'm curious to know what people understand by the term 'medical check-up'?

Istikhara is not merely a du'aa and hoping for the best. If we truly understand the power behind the words we are uttering then we will see that it is sufficient. When you place your tawakkul in Allah, especially in matters of one's deen, you should never underestimate the impact of the words you are relaying to your Lord.

MashaAllah this in a very interesting thread.

Edited by emel

:j:

:) for your post emel sis,now you've got me thinking ago the same lines.

Define 'medical check-up'? :sl:

When I saw that word first in this thread,I thought a simple check-up as well,but now as you mention it,the check up can go into more depth.

Assalamu Alaikum

I would consider a STD test, whether she's a revert or born muslim makes no difference. But I wouldn't want her to take it personal/the wrong way so I would say to her lets both take the test it at the same time so we both have nothing to worry about.

very true brother Al Farooq. I agree with sister Iqra, Allah is the Provider and if it's decreed for you to have kids with your future husband then Inshallah you will recieve what you ask for. Marriage may be full of happiness but it also carries tests and trials too. I think whatever has happen in the past with a brother or sister its between them and Allah SWT. People do change and who are we to decide if they're (the spouse) good or bad. Allah knows best. I'd just pray Istikaraa and seek guidance from Allah the All-Knowing

oo so this thread is still running, I think i posted in here but i will post again anyways,

I dont mean to offend anyone but i dont think alot of you realize the importance of a medical checkup. What if your spouse was infected with a disease, lets say Hep C, an you didnt get a medical check up before. That disease could spread to everyone around you without you knowing it. You would be putting yourself in danger an even your loved ones if you do not get a medical check up to cure it. How are we supposed to control diseases if noone wants to go to the doctor. There is nothing wrong with going to the doctor to be checked out. As a muslim it is our duty to protect our bodies and keep it healthy, there fore i recommend the medical checkup. Everyone is so worried about aids an std's but there are far more diseases out there.

Sister Imaan I'm going to have to agree with you about AIDS and STDs not being the only diseases out there. There's more than we can ever imagine. Check ups may inform us about our health and we as human beings needs to prevent some of diseases as well, very true :sl:. Me, I have some family members who have diseases and most are carried through blood and me :h: I don't carry any of them, but if Allah SWT wanted to test us, our paitence our shukran He will decree what He wills. There is a cure to every disease (this is something I read once...going to have to remember from where)

Would seem like a bit of an insult to the person wouldnt it? Lol

Edited by Shameela

What do you mean by "check up"?

you mean if

1-she/he is virgin or if

2-she/he has got HIV or something like that???

if it's the first option i guess it would be a vain...and something senseless

if it's the second option, i would agree.

What do you mean by "check up"?

you mean if

1-she/he is virgin or if

2-she/he has got HIV or something like that???

if it's the first option i guess it would be a vain...and something senseless

if it's the second option, i would agree.

It's the latter.

Sometimes in life, people do things they aren't really proud of a couple of years later down the line. I believe in people having the ability to reform themselves, so i won't hold past relationships against a prospective spouse. But some mistakes can have disasterous consequences and in some cases people may not even know they are carrying a STD. So personally speaking, for that reason i would request one.

Edited by strider