Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Allah's Slave

Forum Search

:D

Alhamdulillah, the IF site is great. One way, in my opinion, to improve it further and make it more organized, would be to make each forum searchable (ie: general chat, political front, etc).

Right now it seems that a member can search ALL of IF from the front page, or use the google searches in each forum. Those seem to turn up external links though.

If there were a way to search forums for titles we know are in there, or certain *key words* that might make the mods' time spent more effectively.

An example of what I'm talking about can be seen in the "All about symbian" cell phone forum.

AS

PropellerAds

I think you can already do that by clicking on 'Search' on top of the page, then selecting where you want to search under 'Search Options'.

I'm not seeing any search options when I click the search button near the google icon...

AS

Edit:

Aha! THAT search button at the top of the page!! Got it now...that makes 3 search buttons on here...

Here are some details on how to use our search tools:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=22766"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=22766[/url]

There is also a section for that in our help files:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?act=Help&CODE=01&HID=10"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?act=Help&CODE=01&HID=10[/url]