Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Raz-Ma-Taz1

Question - Iblis A "fallen Angel"?

Im confused about this comment, is it true to muslims that Iblis is considered the fallen angel and was turned to be satan because he didnt bow down to Adam?

Quranic quote would help :sl: Also, are we allowed to say hes a "fallen angel" or is this something that christians and other religions say?

PropellerAds

salam

Angels do not disobey Allah.

Iblees was amongst the angels due to his taqwah, he is a Jinn,

:sl:

Brother, Iblis was a Jinn who was among the Angels(pbut):

Behold! We said to the angels, "Bow down to Adam": They bowed down except Iblis. He was one of the Jinns, and he broke the Command of his Lord. Will ye then take him and his progeny as protectors rather than Me? And they are enemies to you! Evil would be the exchange for the wrong-doers! (018.050)

Iblis never was an Angel(peace be upon them all). He just recided or prayed among them. Iblis used one of the most active worshippers and most knowledgable among the Angels(pbut), and it caused him to be arrogant. This was said by the Companion of Muhammad(pbuh) Ibn 'Abbas(ra).

I hope this helps.

Ah ok. Was he a Jin made of fire or made of light? (Just need as much of attention to detail on this topic for my course :sl: ) Thanks for all the replies tho :sl:

:sl:

He was made out of fire.

It is We Who created you and gave you shape; then We bade the angels prostrate to Adam, and they prostrate; not so Iblis; He refused to be of those who prostrate. (Allah) said: "What prevented thee from prostrating when I commanded thee?" He(Iblis) said: "I am better than he: Thou didst create me from fire, and him from clay." (7:11-12)

Edited by Younes Ibn Abd' al-Aziz