Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
o2k

A Revert To Islam

Assalamualaikum Brothers and Sisters,

I am a revert to Islam. I was aga khani (ismaili) which is what my family currently is. I actually reverted back in 2005 but for some reason, maybe I wasn't ready yet, I didn't take it too seriously. I still did my 5 time salah and read quran. Recently my father died, and that is what I believe the reason I have taken the path more serioulsy, humdulliah. I feel maybe because I wasn't ready then and I am ready now. I always try to speak with my mother and sister about what ismailism really is (shirk) and the punishment of shirk. It is hard, but inshallah one day Allah wa' Taala will open their hearts and eyes up to his wonderful signs. I am 23 years old, I still do live with my family, a lot of that is because I love my mom and at this moment with the death of my dad do not want her to be left alone seeing as my sister is getting married in August. It is tough because for some reason when I try to speak with them about Al-Islam, I start crying. It only happens when I speak with my family about Islam not with anyone else. And because of that I feel they don't take me seriously. I am the youngest in the family which is another reason they probably don't take me seriously. Inshallah Allah wa' Taala shows them the way and guides us to the right path. Humdulliah.

PropellerAds

salam and Congratulatoin brother

Mashallah

very happy for you and may your family become muslims inshallah

keep tell ur family about Islam

may Allah guide them...Ameen

:sl:

Masha'Allah, good to hear that Brother. May Allah (swt) guide your family to the right path as well, and May Allah (swt) make it easy on you, Ameen.

Wa Alaykom Assalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

Welcome to the forum and to Islam brother!

I'm a revert too, and really my family doesn't take me seriously either!!! They just think that I am kidding everytime I say a comment about Islam! I'm the youngest of the family, too. It might explain that.

Insha'Allah everything will go well and Allah wa taala will open their hearts for the right path. :sl:

May Allah bless you and your family, and may He give peace to your fathers soul, ameen.

Salaam

Wa Alaykom Assalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

Welcome to the forum and to Islam brother!

I'm a revert too, and really my family doesn't take me seriously either!!! They just think that I am kidding everytime I say a comment about Islam! I'm the youngest of the family, too. It might explain that.

Insha'Allah everything will go well and Allah wa taala will open their hearts for the right path. :sl:

May Allah bless you and your family, and may He give peace to your fathers soul, ameen.

Salaam

wa alekum salam sister Nasma

may Allah bless u and guide ur family inshallah :sl:

Assalamo alaikum brother o2k

Welcome to Islam. Congratulations on leaving darkness and stepping into the shining light of the true path.

I can't believe how could anyone be fooled into worshiping a man, make hajj to his place, pray to him, and pay zakah to him, in return for allowing his followers to satisfy their earthly desires, and pray less. This is not a religion, its a scam. Alhamdo l'Ellah that Allah guided you to Islam when you were surrounded by all this nonsense. And I admire your loving of your mother and family, and striving hard to help them out of this scam. But "It is true thou wilt not be able to guide every one, whom thou lovest; but Allah guides those whom He will and He knows best those who receive guidance."28:56

Assalaamu 'alaykum

Welcome to Gawaher and to Islam brother. I am sorry to hear of your situation, it must be hard, but Allah tests those whom He loves - stay strong and keep making du'aa that Allah bestows Hidayah on your family. I pray that everything turns out fine, be patient and firm. May Allah guide your family to the right path, as He guides whom He wills. Ameen

Assalamo alaikum brother o2k

Welcome to Islam. Congratulations on leaving darkness and stepping into the shining light of the true path.

I can't believe how could anyone be fooled into worshiping a man, make hajj to his place, pray to him, and pay zakah to him, in return for allowing his followers to satisfy their earthly desires, and pray less. This is not a religion, its a scam. Alhamdo l'Ellah that Allah guided you to Islam when you were surrounded by all this nonsense. And I admire your loving of your mother and family, and striving hard to help them out of this scam. But "It is true thou wilt not be able to guide every one, whom thou lovest; but Allah guides those whom He will and He knows best those who receive guidance."28:56

Assalamalikum Everybody, Thank you for all the kind works. Hamdullilah. And sister Nasma, I pray Allah Wa Taala make it easy for you and may he guide your family the way he guided you. Subhannallah.

Brother Dot, it sounds like you know a little something about about ismailism and the fraud that they are going for. In fact Aga Khan is doing his "tour of america" and coming down to los angeles (where we reside) and I always try to tell them that what they are doing is Shirk and it is wrong. I explained to them what Shirk was, and it is amazing to me that these are the things that they are not taught (including me, I did not know what Shirk was until I reverted at the age of 20). It is frusturating for me living with them but I love my mom so much, she reads the quran every morning. I pray for them every morning, day and night and inshallah it is Allah swt will. Allah Wa Taala knows best.

Thank you everybody. May Allah wa taala bless you and your families.