Islamic Forum
Muhsinmuttaqi

Story Of A County Judge Becoming Muslim

Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahee wa Barakatu

The Sermon That Rocked The County Judges Heart:

On Friday right before Ramadhan started I went to the Masjid to pray the Jumu'ah prayer. I was listening to a very beautiful sermon of the sheikh. His topic was how we should treat our children and how beautiful it is to have children. My sheikh right now lives on his own separated from his wife and children (who went to Jordan) since before summer already. He missed his children expecially and in his khutba when he talked about how the father can smell his children and when he told us the story about Yousuf and Yaqoob aleihi salam, the part where the scent of Yousuf cured Yaqoob from blindness due to sorrow. When the shaikh told the story of Yousuf suddenly he could not speak anymore. During the Khutba he started crying remembering his family and especially his beloved children.

This was moving for everyone because everyone knew why he was crying. His speech was very compassionate.

After the sermon we prayed and then a brother was doing the annoucements.

After the announcements another brother introduced us to a man. He was a county judge and there was an election. This man came to the Masjid for the mere purpose to campaign for his election like any politician would do. It was the first time for him in a Masjid. His goal was to win the people for his election, but he did not know that Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala is the best of planners.

However, the sermon of the khateeb was very emotional and I could see that his eyes were full of tears. This speech came to the right moment for this man. This speech hit him and softened his heart. I guess when he entered the Masjid he was just serious and was just thinking like every person who campaigne for election. He just wanted to win the Muslim voters for him. I personally expected an artificial and superficial speech like it happened in the past, but with him it was different. When he stood there ready to speak we could see him moved. The sheikh's sermon was the reason that made him feel said and almost crying.

Instead of giving his original speech suddenly he was talking about how much he missed his family and his children and because of his job he neglected family and children. He felt sorry for the sheikh because of the separation. He could not give his original speech and he felt that his job is a mistake and that he should be there for his family and his children. His family is also separate but mostly because of his job as a county judge and he told the Sheikh that he probably did a huge mistake. The sermon hit him in the middle of his heart. This was a huge step for him to Islam. He was very impressed by the speech and what happened inside the Masjid.

Since this sermon, he has visited us every Friday prayer to listen to the sermons of the sheikh. He experience Ramadhan and the Eid and today I saw that suddenly he is praying among the Muslims during the Friday Prayer. This means he reverted.

PropellerAds

I am not sure what he is doing right now but if think that he gave up his job for Islam. If he still works as a judge he might be a huge advantage for the Muslims when the County Judge is Muslim. If he gave up his job for the sake of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala then Alhamdulillah.

As a judge he knows the language of the jurists and he knows who to work and read Law Codes. This could be an advantage for him when it comes to Fiqh and Sharee'ah.

Allah knows best

:D

SubhanAllah. That was very moving. :D

Truly, Allah swt is the best of planners.

:D brother

That is amazing. Maashallah. SO he definately reverted? Truly Allah is the best of Planners. Keeping his job would be nice however it is doubtful he will be kept in his position once they found out he is muslim. Allah knows best.

Allahoo Akbar!! Subhan Allah!!!!! :D

that was truly beautiful and inspiring :D

Assalmu Alakum,

Allahu Akbar!! I am always happy to hear about people becoming muslims. That was such a great way to become a muslim. I really enjoyed that story! Thank you for sharing!!!

SubhanAllah it really was a very moving story, we should always welcome non muslims into the masjids, many khutbahs bring even the hardest of hearts to tears...

Jazak Allah khair for that Brother

Assalaamualaikum

Very moving in deed.

I would be really good if we could read/hear what was said.

Jazakallahkir for sharing.

Wassalaams.

Assalamu Alaykum

He was re-elected as County Judge and he is Muslim praying with us. May Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala help him to keep up his duties to Islam despite his demanding job. May his position, experience, and knowledge/skills as County Judge be beneficial for the Muslims.

Salam

Say: Shall I give you glad tidings of things Far better than those? For the righteous are Gardens in nearness to their Lord, with rivers flowing beneath; therein is their eternal home; with companions pure (and holy); and the good pleasure of Allah. For in Allah's sight are (all) His servants,- (The Holy Quran 3:15)

:sl:

Subhan Allah, how beautiful it is when someone discovers the beauty of Islam.

I think that good and kind judge, when he studies Islam further, will probably realize, from the Islamic point of view, that it was not him to blame for his family's separation. A wife should be supportive of her husband and what he does for a living, specially when its such a noble job. Instead, many western non-Muslim wives are too demanding, and not ready to forgive their husbands' busy schedules, when in fact the man is doing his best to support his family and provide for them. Who knows, maybe he would find a good Muslim wife to make up for all his sufferings. May Allah bless him and grant him the best of rewards, ameen.