Islamic Forum
Panthera Tigris

Skin Blemishes, Marks

Assalamu alaikum

Is there like an easy homemade remedy to get rid of marks on the skin? I have these marks, some a darks dots/spots from where I'd have a pimple/spot. I wouldn't touch it yet it leaves a scar darker than the rest of the skin. In photoshop I can use an airbrush/blur tool to blend the marks in, giving an even tone. There is a chemical peel, but I can't justify the expense when people have worse problems in the world.

Also why does it leave a scar and not heal to the colour of the rest of the skin? Nutritional diffeciancy? Too much sun? Not enough moisturising?

PropellerAds

:D

Brother it will fade as time goes by insha'Allah. Wouldn't it be great if we could use photoshop for real and remove anything we didn't like about ourselves, we'd all be perfect.

But seriously i don't think chemical peels are that much money here in the US there's places everywhere to get things like this done and microdermabrasion thats suposed to be good for acne scaring and chicken pox marks i think they both cost about $30 - $50 so not much.

But i don't know anyone that has had it done, I think it removes slight wrinkles too so you can look good for your 16 year old bride :D hehe

Edited by Tamarbutah

... fade with time? That's what somenoe else has said but it's been years...

Microdermabrasion seems interesting... It's around £50 here.

But surely you can do this yourself somehow?

you'll simply feel a mild tingling as the vacuum suction and crystal particles make contact with your skin.

Bro there is some that you can do at home but i think for first time better for professionals i think.

I'm sure its not that bad, maybe your just too selfconcious of them.

I'm not or wasn't, but this person keeps talking about it every time I see them. Like "why have you got all this xyz on your face..."

I'm meant could I use lemon juice and salt?

Assalamu alaikum, I am sure in the UK, they sell Avon cosmetics, There is a cream in there called "AVON BANISHING CREAM", maybe you could try it inshaAllah. It helps with age spots and stuff.

It is a bleaching cream, but very safe and has sun screen in it too, still it would be a good idea to test it for a few days, before using it regularly. It is not a cure, if you stop using it eventually I think the spots come back. It is not too expensive, here in Canada We get it from Avon for around $11.

Will make dua it works for you. Wassalamu Alaikum, masooma.

Jazakallahkhair.

Bit scared of bleaching... Also doctor said not to use skin lightening creams... I'll have to see him again inshallah.

Salam alaikom brotherr

I don't know if u still have pimples or just thier marks but if u still have pimples and ur skin is oily then Neutrogena products are excellent ...use the daily scrub it will make u feel completely different it helps alottttt..especially with the dark spots..u have to use a moisturiser afterwards and ofcourse "OIL FREE" these u can get for an afordable price i dont think they r expensive "well atleast from where i am they r not expensive"...don't expose ur skin to the sun...use a good sunblock..i've tried avon products before they are good but neutrogena worked much much better with me ...i don't know about u...hmmm what else ???

if u asked a dermatologist he can give u something maybe a cream to reduce the marks...

i am not so sure about home made mixes anyway some may tell u a mix of "honey and lemon" is good ...or strawberry with yogurt :D

i never tried a home made mix and i dont think i will :D

that's all i have inshaAllah these will go soon :D

I read about dark spots from pimples

Not to scare u or anything but they said that the scar is 4 life

Tht once its there it cant go away

But u can always make dua to Allah that it goes away

Inshallah i will make dua 4 u

Salam

I've got one small/pimple/spot now. It's become darker. I haven't scratched it or burst it or anything like that. But most likely it will leave a mark...

I've got St. Ives Apricot scrub. It doesn't say how often to use it, but it does say in 7 days your skin will look radiant etc. So from that I take it you use it everyday?

Also is it the beard that makes you look older, more than marks on the skin? A friend said that cause I have a beard and I dress "smart" I look older.

Also what about using a pumice stone on the face?

Assalam O Alaikum Brother,

I dont think using a pumice stone on your face would be such a good idea since its very rough and the skin on the face is more gentle. I dont know much about the creams available there but yeah I could give you a desi formula which has worked for me. All you have to do is take about 2 tablespoons of milk or less and add a few drops of lemon in it. Apply it on your face and let it dry and then wash it off with plain water. Since both have a natural bleaching agent and milk also has nutrients it really helps in clearing out your complexion and giving you an even tone. But however do not expect overnight results. You would have to do it for atleast 2 weeks consectively that is everyday, then you will be able to see results.

I really believe in such natural methods since we can always be sure that there will be no side effects. Lemon can however irritate skin but only if you add too much. Also since its winter you can add honey to the two and that also evens out skin. I hope my desi formula helps you out Brother. InshAllah you will see results.

Walaikum Assalam.

Jazakallah.

How do I apply to the face? Like with cotton balls? Or with fingers?

What I would like is the marks and spots are removed or blend in with the rest of the skin. Will this desi method lighten the marks?

I've got one small/pimple/spot now. It's become darker. I haven't scratched it or burst it or anything like that. But most likely it will leave a mark...

I've got St. Ives Apricot scrub. It doesn't say how often to use it, but it does say in 7 days your skin will look radiant etc. So from that I take it you use it everyday?

Also is it the beard that makes you look older, more than marks on the skin? A friend said that cause I have a beard and I dress "smart" I look older.

Salam brother :D

well as i said before scrubs are good for lightening the dark spots coz they help in producing new skin...

about the St. Ives scrub i guess it's daily...

and now about the beard ...i don't think it will make u look older but even if it did so what?? ..i think a beard would be nice ..if u take care of it ..if its always clean and tidyyy... :D

all the best

Why dont you see a dermatologist? they have creams that fade blemishes in a matter of days, i remember a friend of mine using one....they are a little more expensive, but in the long run, it might be better to just buy one pricey thing that works than buy a whole bunch (that add up eventually) that dont work....

I love cocoa butter :D

Inshallah I'll make an appointment with the doc.

I've got the milk and lemon on my face now.

Cocoa butter is good, my colleague is 40+ and a smoker/drinker and he looks in his 20s. He's been using cocoa butter since he was a kid.

Day 2 of milk therapy... I think I should take a pic of my face now and compare two weeks from now...

Inshallah I'll make an appointment with the doc.

I've got the milk and lemon on my face now.

Cocoa butter is good, my colleague is 40+ and a smoker/drinker and he looks in his 20s. He's been using cocoa butter since he was a kid.

What do you look like hehe :D

I mentioned somewhere that I felt like a rasmalai:

Special%20Rasmalai.jpg

(milk curd cakes?)

I was thinking maybe the St ives scrub was causing these marks, scratching my face in the first place!

Day 3... added some honey....

just some advice:

how about using..

....ground turmeric....yoghurt and honey...

turmeric? I'll feel like a curry then... Wouldn't I turn yellow?

Turmeric stains everything!!!...i think it's better to have the marks than seeing you yellow faced heheh. Don't listen to everything or you could just end up in a curry :D

Day 4....