Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hasib

Crazy Hate In Texas..!

:sl:

This is a sad thing!!

PropellerAds

What? A lot of that video made me proud, especially since it was shot in El Paso, Texas of all places. Even there, more than twice as many people actively defended the Muslim woman compared to those who insulted her.

We know that Zionists and Zionist media have been giving false or misleading information to American people to trick them into supporting Zionist terrorism since the day they are born. And the false or misleading information cause bigoted Americans to think that Muslims are terrorists and they abuse Muslims in USA and other countries such as Iraq and Afghanistan. I really believe that there are good Americans who respect the basic human rights of Muslims in USA and other countries and I love these good Americans.

No offence, but this is nowhere near racism at it's worst.

No offence, but this is nowhere near racism at it's worst.

Agreed.

Russ man I agree with you there are good people out there who are still fighting and standup for justice and equality but the others just make me sick!

As a Texan I am glad that more people stood up for her than didn't. You'll notice also that the people that sided with the clerk, for the most part, weren't proud enough to stick around and talk to the reporter while the ones that stood up for her were.

btw Russ, If I remember right it filmed near Waco, not El Paso. I saw a slightly different cut that had posted on these forums before.

Bravo, to those who spoke up and were actually teary-eyed. They were really sincere, and put themselves into the shoes of those of us who cover. SubhanAllah! As for those that were just plain jerks, well, may Allah guide them and soften their hearts, ameen.

Btw, I love this show. Thank you ABC!

On a different note, sometimes I find it weird that when I used to dress like that sister I got more comments than I do now. I am still me, but now I have to work harder to make sure people can still notice me smiling even with my face covered. So only people my head is turned towards see that my eyes also smile, or sometimes people hearin it in my tone of voice or it helps more when I laugh. Only once, did a bus driver make a stupid comment, "You're not going to shoot me are you? You're not going to shoot all of u,s are you?" I was disappointed, but did not show it. In my head, I briefly made comments (as if I was really talking to him), like you're so ignorant. But often when I calm enough or get calm after doing away with my disappointment, I just pray for their guidance because it is not entirely their fault they don't know. Many nonmuslims are just misinformed or not informed a lot and a lot of it is OUR fault. I mean come on, isn't it OUR job to tell them about our way of life?

When I was just doing the hijab with regular clothes, I always felt like the victim. I felt that part of that feeling was because other muslims made me think that way. It may even be that perhaps I was the victim BECAUSE of that thinking. I'm so glad I stopped thinking like that a long time ago, alhumdulilah. That is why it is important to educate others with wisdom. We should not just leave it up to dawah organizations, a-ima, the MSA presidents, or Shaykh Yusuf Estes. No, first of all, no human is going to be alive forever. Secondly, we live here, and it's just as much our responsibility. We need to worry about what WE are doing to dispel all these stereotypes and misconceptions, aka Islamophobia.

I'm also sorry to tell you this but I notice that people don't smile much or have their hands folded ALL the time, or may even isolate themselves from their coworkers and/or classmates are more likely to get such behavior, even if it's from a stranger they never saw before. It is an observation, but alhumdulilah not my personal experience. Would it kill people to smile? Some humans, muslims or not, just look unfriendly or antisocial when they hardly smile, look serious all the time. It can be and is frequently misinterpreted.

:j:

Good points said.

:D smiling at others is charity.

I smile a lot and all the time. :D

When one smiles it makes you easier to talk to and makes you more approachable to others.

Gives a good first impression too.

So lets :D rather then looking :sl:

If I saw a muslim being abused like that I'd give my support for sure :D

Say a few words making sure I don't sink down to abuse.

Instead give Dawah to the misguided/misinformed person.

That way they'll be touched cause they are firing abuse and your calm/patient and smiling at them. :D

Good character weighs the most in the Hereafter so lets show it!!

Ooo yeah and a few punches would fly in WHACK. :sl:

Kidding.

On a serious note we should see a muslim's problem as our own and inform Non-muslims about our Deen through knowledge and by our character.

May Allah guide those who just stood and watched,ameen.

:no:

Edited by Aaqib Ahmed

I have seen only a part of this video before and watching the rest of it brought tears to my eyes really, how genuinely some of those people were upset.

Alhamdulilah there are more good people than bad, May Allah subhana wa ta'ala reward those who stand up for justice like this and guide them to Islam...Ameeeen.

It's nice to see that people stood up for her, and expressed kindness, righteousness and fairness. There is a lot of goodness in people. Of course there was discrimination portrayed in the video but what I noticed more than that was the helping hands for the woman.