Islamic Forum
noxiouspython

Logical Proof Of Creator, Above Creation!

:D

btw im just a bit thick on the pink highlighted part.

w/salaam

Edited by noxiouspython

PropellerAds
Yes, as to what I understand of it is that it is definitely/absolutely impossible for anything relative to time to reach point B from point A.

Is that right? Well then, let us continue with your point about not being able to pass through an infinite amount of time.

An infinite amount of time and forever are pretty much the same thing. For something to last the infinite time between point A and point B, it must last forever.

Living things cannot live forever considering how much the odds are against them living that long. Something is bound to happen before 'forever' that ends up killing living things. Whether it be an asteroid, or old age (or me driving a car :D ).

Now if you look at it from a non living perspective, then everything lasts forever. Nuclear physics tells us that energy and matter cannot be created or destroyed but can be converted into one another. Forexample the matter and its equivlant energy that make up a rock will ALWAYS be there. The rock itself will not necessarily be a whole in say 1000 years, but the tidbits of atoms/protons/neutrons/electrons/electromagnetic energy/various other energies that composed the rock would still be in existence. The sub atomic particles and energy will (most likely) be dispersed through out the world/galaxy/universe but everything that made the rock would still exist.

This means that the rock as a whole would not be able to last the necessary "forever" to reach point B from point A. But everysingle thing that went into making the rock what it was WILL last the necessary "forever" it takes to make it there.

Bottom line on nuclear physics, everything lasts forever, but not in the same form/structure/lattice.

If the universe started infinite years ago (I know infinite is not a value but just for the sake of understanding) then it would take the universe infinite years to reach today. As we know we cannot reach infinite, then it is not possible for the ‘physical universe’ to have been there forever!

#1 - We (humans) do not live for an infinite number of years

#2 - You cannot use this basis to say "then it is not possible for" about the universe. Because this asks the question, what does us (humans) not being able to live an infinite number years have to do with whether the universe can or cannot exist an infinite number of years? (ur making another leap of logic with no basis)

The physical universe lasts forever - atleast according to nuclear physics. Ofcourse this cannot be practically proven (cuz science is just a best guess), it works in theory, but the science that its based on is used to calculate ages of really old things which raise the probability of it being true. This means the "you" right now are composed of elements that were once part of several other living and non living things.

I really advice against trying to work with infinite in math problems as it is not good for mental health.

The total number of numbers, is the same as the total number of even numbers, is as as same as the total number of numbers of the multiple of 1000.......Infinite....

about the highlited stuff, I was pointing out that the number line starts at the smallest value which is negative infinite and progressively gets larger until you reach positive infinite.

i dont get the negative time aspect :D

And can there be negative mass???

Let me explain what i mean by forever and infinite.

When i say that the numbers do not end, i mean there is no last number right??? Can you reach the last number, beyond which there is no other number??? No you cant because there is no last number it just continues... Similarly infinite time is something that cannot be reached as you can reach any amount of time but you cannot reach the infinite amount of time. So what i am saying is that if the infinite time needs to pass for the universe, which is infinite years old, to reach this point in time (which is infinite years from it)

Hope that made sense..

w/salaam

Edited by noxiouspython

#1 - I've already sent you a pm about how nuclear physics says that essentially everything lasts forever though not in the same form.

#2 - This being based in science does not necessarily hold and will probably fail when tested at extremeties like infinite time. However as it is it points that things can last an infinite amount of time.

#3 - Regardless of #2 you have given no explanation as to why everything does not last forever.

#4 - I recognize the irrationality of believing in #1 to the extreme of infinite but it is nonetheless evidence that things last a really really long time.

#5 - Basically you cannot prove that everything does not last an infinite amount of time. I cannot prove that everything lasts an infinite amount of time but there is suggestions of it in nuclear physics that encompass everything you say "does not last forever" - like humans.

Do you see the problem here?

P.S. The word anti-matter comes to mind, don't know much about it though.

Brother let me simplify it.

Is there any mathematical value for infitite? I am talking interms of numerals.

w/salaam

simplified indeed!

Infinite is not a number. It has no absolute value yet it is not a variable either. It simply refers to a large extreme that has no limits. The oppositie of which is always zero.

"as large as possible" = infinite

"as small as possible" = 0

"as fast as possible" = infinite m/s

"as slow as possible" = 0 m/s

satisified?

simplified indeed!

Infinite is not a number. It has no absolute value yet it is not a variable either. It simply refers to a large extreme that has no limits. The oppositie of which is always zero.

satisified?

Um, as small and slow as possible would be infinite as well. :D

A number line: (closest I could depict!)

-4_ -3_ -2_ -1_ 0 _1 _2_ 3_ 4

Notice the "negative" numbers to the left of 0?

Edited by Undertaker

oh, sorry for that discrepancy, in the first case I was refering to size and in the second case I was refering to speed.

I guess the correct rephrasal is that infinite and 0 are reciprocals.

Like 1/0and 0/1

simplified indeed!

satisified?

Now let me ask another question...

As Infinite is no value, can the physical things, reach a 'no value' value??? for example can something grow infinitely large?

w/salaam

Edited by noxiouspython

Thank you for your contribution to this forum, 3Dshocker. I couldn't have done it better.

can the physical things, reach a 'no value' value???

Depends on what ur talking about - the units of the value.

Almost any extreme you think of can be reached in theory due to an IF, the ability for the theory to be carried out practically varies with the probability of being able to meet the requirements to test the theory.

I'll give you an example (this algebra btw)

A mouse can lift an elephant using a very very very very long lever. Considering the length of the lever being extremely long, I'm gonna go ahead and call it an infinitely long lever but it makes no difference for this purpose.

Theory: (A)Build an infinitely long lever (B)and a mouse can lift an elephant.

now heres the thing, A -> B (A implies B ) is a statement/(theory in this case)

1 - If A is true and B is true, then the A->B is true

2 - If A is false and B is false, then A->B is true

3 - If A is false and B is true, then A->B is true

4 - If A is true and B is false, then A->B is false

Personally I never agreed with my profs cuz I feel that #2 and #3 cannot have a valid conclusion. But what we do know is that the only sure fire way to prove the theory true or false is to do #1 or #4 respectively but both require A to be true.

What this means is that the practicallity being out of our grasp does not mean the theory is false nor does it mean its true. It's based on the science behind a theory that you put out a probability for the liklihood of the theory being true. Physics supports A->B in this case.

If I said an immortal being can live an infinite amount of time --> i.e. god. The practicality of such a statement is not feasible. That does not mean the theory is true nor does it mean it is false, once again you can only give a probability.

so to answer your question.

can something grow infinitely large?

Theory: Find something that can grow infinitely large and it can grow infinitely large (This is not as redundant as it seems)

Practically: The probability of this is quite low according to physics - there has been a limit set on the number of subatomic particles in existence and this is a ridiculously large yet finite value. The probability is low enough that I will say "no, something cannot grow infinitely large" :D

P.S. I assume you are referring to a specific object made up of matter and not the vaccum of space.

P.S.S. [at] sky thx for the support ^^

Edited by 3dshocker

Brother, your overloading me with information here :D

here is my question again...

As Infinite is no value, can the physical things, reach a 'no value' value??? for example can something grow infinitely large?

w/salaam

The word infinite here is used in the 'greater than any assigned value' sense. Therefore, however long a lever is required im sure it does not fit the above defination of infinite.

Theory: Find something that can grow infinitely large and it can grow infinitely large (This is not as redundant as it seems)

Bombastic :D

w/salaam

Brother, your overloading me with information here tongue.gif

lol, kk I'll sum it up in short.

Science is simply a best guess that me, you, and everyone else who believes the world is round uses to justify our beliefs in everything except matters of faith. That is the stuff we believe like "if I drop a ball it will hit the floor" is actually based on a probability.

That is the more theory and evidence that supports this statement, the more confindence we have that the "ball will hit the floor" and we take it to be the truth.

P.S.

Therefore, however long a lever is required im sure it does not fit the above defination of infinite.

I specifically addressed this part :D one of the points I was making is that building this very long lever cannot be done by humans as it falls into the realm of things we cannot achieve (may be different if u used a baby elephant and a giant rat)

for example can something grow infinitely large?

No. From a philosophical background I cannot support this but using the very high probability provided by science - I can say "no, nothing can grow infinitely large"

w/salaam

Brother, so you mean to say NO for the above answer? i.e. that no physical thing can reach an infinite value.

I just don't want to assume :D

w/salaam

Edited by noxiouspython

Not at all. Glad you didnt assume :D it seems I wasn't clear :D

can something grow infinitely large?

I believe no physical thing can reach infinite size as was stated in your "growing" example. I was able to agree because you gave me a measure to work with -->volume.

that no physical thing can reach an infinite value.

I totally disagree as this covers too many things that can reach infinite values whether they be the large or small extreme.

By saying infinite value you have left it very very open ended - that is any measurement counts whether it be volume, speed, displacement, time and any other property we whish to measure.

The "time" it takes for the matter and energy of an object to cease their existence is infinite as they cannot be created nor destroyed. Theory backed by science giving it a somehwat high probability.

The lens on a camera can "focus" to infinity - achieved.

I'd have to wrack my brains but I'm sure there are still atleast a few more where infinite extremes are true both in theory and practicallity.

Edited by 3dshocker

hmm... bro, ive got to give it to you... you make me think alot :D

Well i agree that the term value covers too many things, and yes i agree that the lense of a camera can capture images infinite distance away (although nothing can be infinite distance away). :D

I'll have to be even more careful now :D

Is there any point infinite miles away from you???

w/salaam

If you like the way your thinking now, try reading up on conflicting philosophies by several philosophers, its the best way to come up with your own line of thinking that is rock solid.

Is there any point infinite miles away from you???

I'll let you know when I get there and make sure for myself B)

Bro, is conflicting philosophies a book????

also, I did not get your answer. Does that mean there is a point infinite miles away from you or there isn't? :D

Also please give a very concise defination of infinite, as you understand it. And do you agree with the defination i gave earlier???

w/salaam

Bro, is conflicting philosophies a book????

also, I did not get your answer. Does that mean there is a point infinite miles away from you or there isn't? :D

Also please give a very concise defination of infinite, as you understand it. And do you agree with the defination i gave earlier???

w/salaam

This is the precise symbol of infinity :D

It's a winding line that connects at the center.

Oh, and if you wanna know 'bout some philosophy 'round these here quarters you take it up with the masters.

There's Aristotle, Kant, Goodman, Hobbes, Locke, Socrates, Schutz, Empiricus and nameless others...including me and my man Plato. :D

infinite.gif

This is the precise symbol of infinity :D

It's a winding line that connects at the center.

Oh, and if you wanna know 'bout some philosophy 'round these here quarters you take it up with the masters.

There's Aristotle, Kant, Goodman, Hobbes, Locke, Socrates, Schutz, Empiricus and nameless others...including me and my man Plato. :D

Sis you forgot the most important!!!!!

Noxiouspython the Great :D

btw what do you think about the other question???? i mean your answer.

w/salaam

Edited by noxiouspython

Sis you forgot the most important!!!!!

Noxiouspython the Great :D

btw what do you think about the other question???? i mean your answer.

w/salaam

What do I think about it? What do you think about it? :D

here is the question again if you missed it, sis/

Does that mean there is a point infinite miles away from you or there isn't?

As for me, :D NOPE!

w/salaam

here is the question again if you missed it, sis/

Does that mean there is a point infinite miles away from you or there isn't?

As for me, :D NOPE!

w/salaam

(When you said "I mean your answer" I thought you were referring to my answer as a question and I was sorta joking around lol)

Nope, you saw the symbol. The question is, "Is there a point infinite miles through me?" The answer is yes. You are the point and through the crossing of the lines you create infinity. Past-Present-Future!

(When you said "I mean your answer" I thought you were referring to my answer as a question and I was sorta joking around lol)

Nope, you saw the symbol. The question is, "Is there a point infinite miles through me?" The answer is yes. You are the point and through the crossing of the lines you create infinity. Past-Present-Future!

do you mean interms of time????? But do you think, sis, that there is a point infinite miles away????

w/salaam