Islamic Forum
Queen Balqis

Islam In Denmark

Asalamu aleikum

No one write something about Denmark before me, so I decided to give a little info about how Islam is in Denmark, since i also live in denmark.

Danmark lies in Scandinavia. its capiatl is named Copenhagen. The population is 5mill.

The Muslim population in denmark is around 180.000 and Islam is the second minority religion in the country.

Many danish converts to Islam, and the statistiks says its around 5.000 and more Allahu akbar.

The bigst etnics are from Pakistan, Turkey, Palastine, Irak, somalia, bosnia etc.

The first muslims come 60's as " Guest-work", and was mostly from Turkey.

There is a famous Danish muslim, Knud Holmboe who was converted 1930 and changed his name to Ali Ahmed. He was the author of the book " Desert Encounter ", in which he condemned the colonial powers. The book was immediately banned in Italy. The Italian colonial powers were outraged at the content of the book that described a Libya where the Muslim population was being subjected to "genocide". Knud Holmboe was an open-minded man and had a good understanding of the Arabs. After completing his book, Knud Holmboe started on his hajj to the holy city of Mecca (now officially spelled Makkah).

In circumstances that were never fully explained, Knud Holmboe was murdered just south of Aqaba (modern Jordan) on October 13, 1931. Speculations that Italian intelligence ordered the murder of Knud Holmboe have never been verified. ( from en.wikipedia)

In the Masjids the adhan is not alowed to hear puplic, but Inshallah we hope that we someday will get.

The recently Danish goverment is right-wing, and therefore it is very hard for muslims and foreigners to be there, cause they feel uneccepted.

As u may heard recentlig, a danish newspaper painted ugly picture about our beloved Prophet and it make a huge debat inside Danmark and the Muslim world.

Danmark is beauifull because its nature and its famous places like Tivoli, Den lille havfrue, H.C Andersen etc.

if anyone else have something to add or ask u wlc.

asalamu aleikum wrwb

PropellerAds

walikum salam

jazak Allah khair for the account of Islam in Denmark.

Ive been to denmark ages ago when I was little lol

Seems like a nice country :D

Peace from our Lord,

[size=3No one write something about Denmark before me, so I decided to give a little info about how Islam is in Denmark, since i also live in denmark.

Informative. Thanx.

I married in Denmark. It was easier to do it there than to fight the German bureaucracy :D

Can You give an "update" information, and tell something of the impact that cartoon story got in Denmark, in general and in the Muslim community there?

i think this forum crashed or something few months ago? or how can there be so little information on denmark after the silly cartoons?

Assalam-o-Aleikum,

I am also from Denmark. I have lived here since i was 4 :D

The cartoon crisis has had a big affect on Denmark. Time will tell whether it is for the better or worse.

Peace from our Lord,

The cartoon crisis has had a big affect on Denmark. Time will tell whether it is for the better or worse.

Can you please give some details, which were the impacts, which effects do you consider good, which bad, which neutral (or "don't know")?

Peace from our Lord,

Can you please give some details, which were the impacts, which effects do you consider good, which bad, which neutral (or "don't know")?

Hi,

Well the good side is that the people of Denmark have probably learned some new things about Islam and the muslim world. They have learned alot about Islam and the Prophet Muhammed (pbuh). After things started to calm down , there were series of documentries about Islam and THe prophet on Danish Television. There were also many other activites like conferences , festival and exhibitions about Islam. So in this respect it was good.

The bad side is the polarization of the Danish Society. The government here is dividing the muslims and even the danish into small groups. Now we have a "muslim" organization here which was created right after the crisis which promotes something you call liberal-Islam or Islam-as-it-fits-you. The worst thing is that the government is actively supporting this group which is basically against Islam and consists of people who are not muslims and danish people(mostly anti Islam peopele). This led to ordinary muslims to condemn this organization. So now the government has divided muslims basically into main groups. Liberal muslims(or people claiming to be muslims) and extremist muslims, and this is certainly not good. The truth is that most muslims are just muslims. somewhere in between.

This is creating some tension in the society but lets hope things will get better.

The main problem is the current givernment which is very pro USA. Its failure to understand and properly react to the cartoons was the sole reason for the whole crises.

Sister Queen Bilqis, interesting introduction and May Allah keep you steadfast in your deen, please stay stronger and let me know if you need something. thanks

Hello, just wanted to put my 2 cents on Denmark (as I live in Denmark, not Muslim but Islam-supportive)

The biggest problem is the political party "Dansk Folkeparti" (DF) (Danish People's Party) who are very very nationalist, and definitely anti-Islam, and racist (many of the leading members are convicted racists!). In my opinion, they are causing all our problems! But they are one of the biggest parties (whyyyyy?!), and has been in the leading collision of the government for the past 10years, because the prime minister was dependent on their votes.

But now (election ended yesterday!) we have a new government, where one of the most powerful parties in the leading collision refuses to work with DF at all! That is one of the big reasons they support the new collision, to get rid of DF, as the new collision in general is not so fond of DF. Also, the parties from the old collision, have said something along the lines that they too are glad to be done team-working with DF, plus DF lost a lot of votes. Which means, they will not get a say in anything, and even if the collision shifts for the next election, I don't think they will be back in power for a veeeeeery looooong tiimeee :sl: So very good news for Muslims (and all good people!) in Denmark! :sl: