strider

Islam in America

assalamu alikum

right... brothers and sisters who live in the States... what is it like? :D

wa'aykum salam

PropellerAds

salaam-0-alaykum

i live in WASHINGTON "state" that is... WEST SIDE :D

i love it here its really nice and the muslim community is wonderful, muslims from all over .... i just cant wait for eid-ul- fitir where we pray salaatul eid at the convention ... i just LOVE going there, u see ppl from all over the world all come together... wonderful feeling :D

wasalaam

asalamualaykum

hmm it's okay nothing really special and everythings really expensive here

too many people telling me i'm on the wrong path

too much skin everywhere, *Shudders*

too much prophany... too much of all the bad stuffs... they just finished this bar here that's like a 5 minutes walk from my house (okay im in a residental area - 15 min by car to the closest store - grocery store) so that made 'cents'

even in the muslim communties theres like too much of the tight clothes even though they're covered still leaves nothing to the imagination for their husbands.

if you dun wear no clothes you're ok if you cover everything youre crazy

over country's politics went to the dogs too

i just try to stick close to the few friends i have who wear niqab and pray 5x a day it helps me through the day

i wanna move countries, can you tell?

Aslaam Walaikum Waramatullahi Wabarakatuh

Whenever I see the word America it reminds me of my gran saying Am-ri-ka.

Hahahahaaa.

asalaam-0-alaykum

i think thats the common pronouncation of america.... am re ka -shika be ka :D

wasalaam wr wb

:D

I live in the U.S. It is a nice place to live, though I feel like an outsider. Oh well :D.

Edited by Muslimah180

salaam alaikum,

Islam is growing quickly in the United States, alhamdulillah! Media coverage of September 11 & the war in Iraq are leading more and more people towards sources of Islamic knowledge as they seek to understand our deen.

Americans are converting to Islam & their friends are noticing changes in their lives. The best way to continue this dawah is to stick strongly to Islamic teachings and live as good muslims. People will notice the difference and insha'Allah they will be guided to the 1 true faith.

wa alaikum assalaam

• Like 1

Assalamualaikum

I live in Northern Virginia on the east coast of the US. Life in America is pretty comfortable and easy for me. But since I've started to practice Islam I have realized that it's HARD in US. I try the best I can, like I changed my work schedule just to make my salat on time. But everywhere you look there is haraam. And I read that the only reason a Muslim should live in a non-Muslim counrty is to spread Islam any other reason is just wrong. So I' ve been trying to do dawah and spread Islam. So I pray that inshallah muslims in the US realize this and act upon it.

Salam

• Like 1

But everywhere you look there is haraam.

asalamualaykum

yup you said it :D

Assalamu alaikum

Well as much as you see people reverting to Islam, you would most certainly see muslims totally influenced by west as well.. its such an irony....but thats how it is

salaam alaikum,

cheerio you're absolutely right. I wasn't aware until recently (past couple years) that I am muslim, and seeing people from "muslim countries" come here and behave badly is disheartening. At the same time, insha'Allah, my iman and adherence to the deen gives some of them motivation to become better in the sight of Allah.

moral of the story: be a good muslim and everyone benefits

wassalaam,

AS

Salaams,

I'm from America and I think the American re-verts are some of the best Muslims (sorry to sound immodest :D .....one reason being Americans have no cultural "baggage" to deal with and we usually get into the "real" Islam of Qur'an and hadith when we re-vert!......I also believe that Islam is America's only hope....America cannot continue its present bullying and "terrioristic" path towards the rest of the world,partiicularly Muslim countries without incurring the wrath of Allah eventually!(would like to hear your comments on this ,particularly from Americans) :D :P

salaam alaikum,

I also believe that Islam is America's only hope....America cannot continue its present bullying and "terrioristic" path towards the rest of the world,partiicularly Muslim countries without incurring the wrath of Allah eventually!(would like to hear your comments on this ,particularly from Americans)

I'm on the same page with you. As an American with many non-muslim friends, it's hard to suggest these ideas without seting off warnings in their heads. They're afraid of Islam out of their lack of knowledge and because of media mis-info.

I would like to talk more but I have a talent for procrastination, I am neglecting my studies so hopefully we can chat later.

wassalaam

AS

ps-im curious as to what state you're in. Im currently in wisconsin, may Allah help me :D

asalamualaykum

the best way to spread Islam is to be amazed by what you find out and just talk about it with your friends. most of the muslims around here keep to themselves, no one smiles anymore it seems they're all too scared to. just share what you learn with non-muslims express how good you think it was to find out some information you didn't know... or did know but just given a reminder

im near chicago but too far from any muslim community.

i agree with the piece that it's so easy to revert in america, americans care so much about wealth and material items and it's just so wonderfully easy to just release your grasp on that. and no one seems to care if you do either cuz in america that makes them "better" than you lol :D

it will be nice when the laws are made to represent all religions and not just christianity which it seems to favor now

salaam alaikum,

WOW MaryamK, we musn't be very far away from eachother...masha'Allah. I grew up right outside Elgin,IL & I'm currently studying in Milwaukee, WI.

i agree with the piece that it's so easy to revert in america, americans care so much about wealth and material items and it's just so wonderfully easy to just release your grasp on that. and no one seems to care if you do either cuz in america that makes them "better" than you lol

You are correct, I believe that Islam gave me the feeling of freedom that Bush can only claim & will never be able to spread. People may look down on me, but, like my sig says, in my heart I believe what I'm doing is right.

I really think if Americans could comprehend the "peace of mind" that Islam brings, they would crashing their SUV's in a race to the local masjid...that's because not even the people who are doing well by american standards feel satisfied; whereas a muslim can feel satisfied with nothing.

that may sound like a generalization, and to an extent it is, i just don't want to get into it now.

wassalaam

AS

asalamualaykum,

heh i used to live in Elgin! Great place, terrible schools tho :D :D

Salaam,- New York City

What can I say. There is a lot of social corruption over here and I too have sometimes fallen into them, May Allah forgive me. But the good thing is you get to practice Islama nonetheless, although that still dosen't excuse the all the distractions. For the most part it is okay, but yet I still yearn for "muslim" country someday

salaam alaikum,

I think all the bad things in this country are opportunities. Opportunities to show our faith in Allah by avoiding them & then educating people about their dangers so we can remove them from society. I believe in my heart that people here want what is good and right. :D

wassalaam

AS

ooh so many people from america interesting :D i'd like to go there once...just for holiday you know...travel...inshallah.

:w:

oh so many people from america interesting smile.gif i'd like to go there once...just for holiday you know...travel...inshallah.

it is too cold out here !!!

salaam alaikum,

ooh so many people from america interesting :D i'd like to go there once...just for holiday you know...travel...inshallah.

:w:

masha'Allah...who knows you might meet one of the awesome American Muslim reverts who's super serious about his deen and never leave :P :P

wassalaam

AS

salaam alaikum,

masha'Allah...who knows you might meet one of the awesome American Muslim reverts who's super serious about his deen and never leave  :P  :D 

wassalaam

AS

(w00t) your kidding right? :D

:P

salaam alaikum,

(w00t) your kidding right? :P

just making you aware of possibilities. only Allah knows what's in store for our futures. Sometimes i like to think about going to europe or at least traveling around the mediteranean...but then i wonder if maybe ill meet my wife and never come back. :P it could happen. :D

wassalaam

AS

There are a FEW good communities in America. Most communities are too much into culture, very much into kafir imitation and interfaith junk.

Listen to this! there is an ogranization in my area who are breaking the fast at a Hindu temple. :P and they are going to have hindus singing and dancing, the only Islamic thing will be the adhan, fast-breaking, and salah. :D

There are a lot of muslims where I live who turn any muslim to the FBI just because they don't like the person they lie and say so and so supports terrorism. Traitors!

Other than that, I suppose overall, we have more "unity" here in America than in other nonmuslim countries.