Islamic Forum
strider

Islam in America

salaam alaikum,

just making you aware of possibilities.  only Allah knows what's in store for our futures.  Sometimes i like to think about going to europe or at least traveling around the mediteranean...but then i wonder if maybe ill meet my wife and never come back. :D it could happen. :P

wassalaam

AS

you mustn't fear...verily marriage is a blessing. i get what you mean...

:D

PropellerAds

i live in ny and its not the same as the muslim countries where u can hear the adaan outside. people here are pro israel. in school i have to fight to get my point a cross. its crazy. there are many masjids but its like they are seperated. not coming into agreement.

salaam alaikum,

i live in ny and its not the same as the muslim countries where u can hear the adaan outside.  people here are pro israel. in school i have to fight to get my point a cross.  its crazy.  there are many masjids but its like they are seperated. not coming into agreement.

you're totally right.

i heard about a town in michigan where the muslims fought for the rights announce the adhan, they said it was the same as churches ringing their bells so they won. I think they only do it for Dhuhr, Asr, and Maghrib though :D .

Most people are pro israel, but maybe you could work on not fighting to get your point across because in these modern times we need to win people's minds by showing that Islam is a religion of peace.

As far as division between masjids, from what other muslims tell me you're right. I never really attended masjids my whole life because i hadn't accepted Islam until relatively recently. I don't have a masjid that i consider my favorite or closest to my heart, like a local one. I usually go to different masjids. People tell me they like to go to one as opposed to another because at some people are all about $. such as arguing about getting to pray in the front row because they donate however much $. it's sad.

I wish the muslims from other countries would show us USA reverts how to behave proper instead of confusing us.

wassalaam

AS

salaam alaikum,

I wish the muslims from other countries would show us USA reverts how to behave proper instead of confusing us. 

wassalaam

AS

what would you like to learn in particular....it would a pleasure to help you.

for example the masjid that i usally go to, has many different races. most are yemani and egyptian but there are also pakistans, syrians, morrocons blacks, spanish, every type of people go to my local masjid. it used to be a church,, the muslims bought it made it a masjid, now, they knocked it all down and makin it a real masjid. but at first they had no money but inshallah they will be finished very soon. this is wat we need, nationality put aside and Islam the main focus

The muslim community in the DFW area is really nice, before i came here i wasn't involved with a masjid because of a number of things one mainly culture seeming like its more important than Islam.

But here there soooo many different ones it's a really nice atmosphere and good balence of muslims from all over the world, also here if one community is building a new masjid the other communities help them to raise the funds.

Check out my masjid...

irvingmasjid.com

assalaamu alaikum,

what would you like to learn in particular....it would be a pleasure to help you.

Thank you so much for the kind offer, insha'Allah your willingness to spread knowledge of Islam will be rewarded. The problem is that I do not know what I want to learn, aside from everything, until I know what's out there. That's why I spend time on the internet looking around sites and trying to learn new things day by day, one item at a time. My progress is very slow and childlike, but it makes me humble & hopefully will provide a strong foundation.

I could include an example, such as how I one of the more recent things I learned had to do with perfecting my prayer. I learned that when a person goes down into sujud, they should put their hands down before their knees because the Prophet Muhammad (sallalahu alayhi wassalaam) told us not to go to the ground as camels do.

Little, but important, bits of knowledge like that are what I seek to glean from interactions with muslims from other countries. Insha'Allah they will add up over time and their sum will be a strong Iman. :D

Again, I hope you don't mind the misquote...

this is wat we need, nationality put aside and Islam the main focus

I agree. I have not seen such problems at masjids I have attended in the midwest, many races get along fine here. I think it actually helps because people get interested in learning where others are from & that gets them talking to eachother. The main problem i see in this part of the country, like i said earlier, is people letting money cloud their view on worship.

In addition, i notice that it seems many people come here from other countries and forsake their religion for women or the bars...where they can stand around and try to look important or cool. They may seem cool to the americans who are there and don't know any better. But to an american like myself who gave up that lifestyle, it looks sad.

Masha'Allah. Allah knows what we do not and there are some things that we think are bad, that might be good for us...

Check out my masjid...

irvingmasjid(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

Alhamdulillah! That place is HUGE! It's really a beautiful design too, I hope someday to be able to pray in such a grand masjid.

If I am ever in the DFW area insha'Allah i will remember the Irving Masjid. How far from the airport is it actually? Would I have time to check it out on a 1-2hr layover?

wa alaikum assalaam,

AS

Edited by Allah's Slave

^^^i understand what you are getting at. You know we are all here to help if you ever need anything....inshallah in time you shall increase your knowledge!

salaam alaikum,

^^^i understand what you are getting at. You know we are all here to help if you ever need anything....inshallah in time you shall increase your knowledge!

thanks again for the offer! :D

i guess i can pose 1 question now because i don't want to take up Aburafay's time answering questions for new muslims who reeeeally need the info. I know the prophet Muhammad (SAW) had the habit of drinking water sitting down. So i know that when you have a glass, this is the proper way.

But what about when that's not an option...IE: drinking fountain? do you just abstain from drinking? find a glass? drink from it even though you're more in the rukoo position than sitting? it's not something i stress about because i know Allah doesn't want us to make things harder for ourselves but it's one of those little details that i wonder about...ya know :P

thanks again

wassalaam

AS

Hmm…I’m not sure whether there is a hadiths or Sunnah regarding your question. However, like you said Islam does not try to complicate things by making such small issue big. In this sense when drinking from a fountain you can’t actually sit down anywhere and sometimes we are in desperate need for fluid. I guess there would be no harm in drinking while crouched but for certain things that you can actually sit down when drinking it is advance that you do so. Only Allah (swt) knows best.

w/s

Alhamdulillah! That place is HUGE! It's really a beautiful design too, I hope someday to be able to pray in such a grand masjid.

If I am ever in the DFW area insha'Allah i will remember the Irving Masjid. How far from the airport is it actually? Would I have time to check it out on a 1-2hr layover?

It's really close to the airport probably 5 or 10 minutes drive from there,

I'd love you to come here, all of you are welcome.

I'm proud to be part of this community, yes the masjid is beautiful but it's just a building, the people are what makes it more beautiful :D.

It's such a nice warm feeling when your praying next to someone from China on your right side, someone from India on your left, someone from Palestine, Sudan and Somalia in front, someone from Egypt, America and Bosnia behind you.

I love it, I love them all, You all. If only the whole ummah felt this we would be united and soooo strong. Insha'Allah.

We have open house's here in the masjid and invite the curious non muslims to find out who we are and what Islam is Alhamdulilah there's alot of nosey people here (heheh) We dont need bombs and guns here, Islam is our weapon !!!

I think other communitie's should do the same kind of things Insha'Allah

So for all the bad we feel for the USA goverments remember there's alot of good people here.

I was dreading coming here, hated the idea even but now i think soomuch different about the Americans.

Asalamu alaykum!

Personally I think England is better when talking about masjid. There is this Masjid built, ‘East London Masjid’ that cost 10.4 million. All that money was raised by community through work, zakat etc…alhamdulillah it is so beautiful. However, about 1.5 million is still needed to finish things, Inshallah in time they shall.

w/s

salaam alaikum,

However, about 1.5 million is still needed to finish things, Inshallah in time they shall.

oh well ill just write a check and send it tomorrow. that's pounds right? so ill just make the check out for say 3.5mil and you keep 500k for yourself alright?

(w00t)

wassalaam,

AS

salaam alaikum,

Hmm…I’m not sure whether there is a hadiths or Sunnah regarding your question. However, like you said Islam does not try to complicate things by making such small issue big. In this sense when drinking from a fountain you can’t actually sit down anywhere and sometimes we are in desperate need for fluid. I guess there would be no harm in drinking while crouched but for certain things that you can actually sit down when drinking it is advance that you do so. Only Allah (swt) knows best.

w/s

I know you are not in a position to issue a fatwaa, nor would i ask you to for such a minor detail. I am thankful that you share your opinion though. I'll let you know if i think up any other goofy questions.

thanks again,

wassalaam

AS

salaam alaikum,

We have open house's here in the masjid and invite the curious non muslims to find out who we are and what Islam is

That's a great idea! I think Islam in America would benefit if more people felt welcome just to come on in and check it out. They would ask questions and you KNOW they would like the answers (in their hearts at least) :D .

So for all the bad we feel for the USA goverments remember there's alot of good people here.

For Real! People here mean well, even the ones who are caught up in sinful lives...they just don't know better. They just don't know. :D

I was dreading coming here, hated the idea even but now i think soomuch different about the Americans.

masha'Allah! where did you come from?

wassalaam,

AS

Edited by Allah's Slave

salaam alaikum,

However, about 1.5 million is still needed to finish things, Inshallah in time they shall.

oh well ill just write a check and send it tomorrow. that's pounds right? so ill just make the check out for say 3.5mil and you keep 500k for yourself alright?

(w00t)

wassalaam,

AS

i like the sound of that :D :D

salaam alaikum,

is anyone aware of any Islamic schools in the USA or abroad that would be interested in hiring someone with a Mechanical Engineering degree to teach math & science related coursework?

if so, please let me know either by posting or private messaging me. it's a new idea i've been toying with lately.

wassalaam

AS

Edited by Allah's Slave

As-salam-alaikum,

I would love to see photos of Masjids in USA.

Anyone?

Jazakallah Khair.

is anyone aware of any Islamic schools in the USA or abroad that would be interested in hiring someone with a Mechanical Engineering degree to teach math & science related coursework?

if so, please let me know either by posting or private messaging me. it's a new idea i've been toying with lately.

Try our masjid there's a school inside and in the future they want to build a high school on the grounds also insha'Allah, If you look on the website you'll find the address ISI Islamic School of Irving it's worth an email. I'm sure you'll love it here insha'Allah.

Anyone?

Ermmmm. sorry i dont have much time but try here even though most are in CA,

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamiccenters(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/search.asp?SearchString=CA&SearchType=T"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamiccenters(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/search.asp?S...CA&SearchType=T[/url]

There's a really really nice masjid in New Mexico, I'll search for it later insha'Allah.

:P

Yes, we have many masaajid in California, :D Some cities have a couple of masjids, but still there are many other cities like the one I live in with no masjid. :D the communities here are trying to build more masjids, and make the old ones bigger.

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamicfinder(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]Islamic Finder[/url]

Some of the good masjids here that are not all about cultural baggage and bidah: :D

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.masjidannur(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]Masjid Annur[/url]

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.icsgv(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]Masjid Quba[/url]

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.java-man(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Pages/SVIS/index.html"]Squaw Valley Islamic Settlement in Dunlap[/url]

One of the best in Austin, Texas:

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_callerstoislam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]Masjid Ibrahim[/url]

The best one and from what I hear the only practicing one in South Carolina:

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.almasjid(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]Masjid Muslimeen, Colombia, SC[/url]

Edited by ummammaar

salaam alaikum,

if so, please let me know either by posting or private messaging me.  it's a new idea i've been toying with lately.

wassalaam

AS

Salam

i live in northern virginia. this area has a good muslim population. this is the masjid in my area.

adamscenter(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

As-salam-alaikum,

Anyone?

Jazakallah Khair.

Salam

Sorry wrong quote,

I live in northern virginia. there is a good muslim population in my area. this is the masjid in my area.

adamscenter(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

Salaams,

I'm from America and I think the American re-verts are some of the best Muslims (sorry to sound immodest :D .....one reason being Americans have no cultural "baggage" to deal with and we usually get into the "real" Islam of Qur'an and hadith when we re-vert!

Salam

i agree 100%