Islamic Forum
strider

Islam in America

salaam alaikum,

Salam

i live in northern virginia. this area has a good muslim population. this is the masjid in my area.

adamscenter(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

:D

BOOOO for the wrong quote! jk it's ok. It would be great to know if they are looking for math/science teachers there anyhow. :P

Virginia is beautiful :D

wassalaam

AS

PropellerAds

salaam alaikum,

it's getting pretty quiet in here my fellow Americanos. What's the deal? Still sleeping after all that food on Eid?

Let me know how Eid went by you!

I went to a convention center downtown and there supposedly between 1500-3000 muslims there in one area to pray Eid together. I ran into my friend Al'a from Egypt and he told me about how the Eid prayer is different and he also told me how many times to say the Takbeer in each Raka.

After the prayer I went out to eat at a few places, asked for forgiveness...and tookd a nice nap :D

the joy didn't last all day because it's finals week so i'm triple busy. it's all good on my 'hood though.

wassalaam

AS

:D I live in Arizona, and I must say that most of my friends are reverts! I am soo proud of them, they work really hard, and for me its really encouraging , considering my situation (born Muslim...never been raised to practice) . I feel like i can be myself with them, since they know all the drama of being around non muslims can cause! :D we've even started a support group together, for new muslim sisters in the community! inshaAllah, we will continue to help others. haha that reminds me, once we were going to the masjid to pray, and some man told another man 'stop staring at the converts!' hahah theres nothing to see n e ways!

Brother Allah’s slave aren’t you young to be a teacher? You have to be at least 25 in this country I believe. Well I don’t live in America…just at heart :P …anyways there is no harm in me contributing so here it goes. My Eid was good alhamdulillah except I’m really annoyed that Ramadan has finished so soon, I miss it already :P …I have to wait another year, psst!! I have seen quite a few reverts and they are usually surprised at my reaction when they tell me…no I don’t gawp at them, tongue half dangling out but I just talk to them like a normal person (which they are but many forget). As far as I am they get a few ‘Mashallah, welcome to Islam and alhamdulillah you are amongst those who have been guided’ and just talk to them just like I would talk to my non-Muslims friends. I guess because of my attitude they then ask me whether I am revert merely because I can be related to non-Muslim female :D …hmm…I take that as a compliment. :D

:w:

I live in washington state where mashallah there are many muslims. our community is made up of mainly cambodian muslims.

the thing i love most about being muslim in america is that its not forced on me. this way i accept it more. and also, its not mixed in with culture.

I live in California.. And where I am there is a pretty big Muslim community, alhamdulillah. There are several masjids that are about 30 minutes away. There are mostly Pakistani's and Arabs, and a small Afghani and Vietnamese community. :D

Anyways, Eid is pretty kewl here. Like sis 3washey said, the convention center is kewl cuz all the nationalities here kinda join together. Only reason I hate it is cuz there are thousands of people there and its like claustrophobic after a while. Ahh. :P

Sis ummammar told you mostly all about Cali tho...:D :P

:w:

I found this on "http://google"]google[/url] while i was doin what i do: surfin tha web

its to long to put onto this page so ill put it in a link it very intresting

"http://sunnah/history/islamamr.htm"]sunnah/history/islamamr.htm[/url]

salamz my muslim brothers and sisters

:D Heres a link to the Masjid that I go to! tempemasjid.com

As-salam-alaikum,

I would love to see photos of Masjids in USA.

Anyone?

Jazakallah Khair.

:P

here's "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_pictures.care2(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/view/1/648945272"]here are some beautiful pictures of Masjids in the USA[/url]

They're just .. :D

jazaki Allah khair for sharing

In summary, this historical briefing on Islam in America focused on American Muslims and Muslims that were becoming Americans. This information points to the needs of dawa'h, Islamic schools, fighting assimilation, bi-lingual education, masjids, and taking part in the greater society.

Agree :D .

In sha' Allah khair...

Asalamu alaykum!

^^^mashallah beautiful masjids!!

yea..ma sha' Allah!

Did anyone hear about a new Masjid, that they're gonna build in D.C.? Or did they already built it?

Assalamu alaikum

Well as much as you see people reverting to Islam, you would most certainly see muslims totally influenced by west as well.. its such an irony....but thats how it is

look at it from bright side.. Those muslims who leaves the religion are in majority those who are born muslims but have never practice it fully with heart and sould and do not know the meaning of it. But those who convert to Islam they seeking and read and learn about it before they want to convert to it. That means for more litteratured people comes to Islam and illitteratured leaves Islam :D.

FYI the Muslims at the Islamic Information Center (very small & humble masjid) on Maryland in Las Vegas are great people with much generosity. InshAllah they will be rewarded.

AS

Las Vegas does have Muslims, but it's somewhere I would rather not go to due to the great evils there. I wonder how life is like for the Muslim residents there.

p.s. I'm looking at the link and masha' Allah [at] the masaajid. Yes, Dar al Hijrah in VA is EXCELLENT!

Edited by ummammaar

A few more good masajid:

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.icsd(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]Islamic Center of San Diego, SD, CA[/url]

Masjid Alssalam

2900 W Florence Ave,

Los Angeles, CA 90043, USA

Phone: (323) 758 4033

----------------------------

Masjid Manhattan

12 Warren St., 2nd Floor,

New York, NY 10008, USA

Phone: 212-766-1865

Email: NM233[at]aol(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

----------------------------

Masjid Rahmah

657 Martin Luther King Blvd. 2nd Fl.,

Newark, NJ 07102, USA

Phone: 973-621-8833

Email: masjidrahmah[at]hotmail(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

---------------------------------

Masjid Uqbah (UMF)

2222 Stokes Blvd.,

Cleveland, OH 44106, USA

Phone: (216) 791 8411

Email: uqbahmf[at]yahoo(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.uqbah(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]Masjid Uqbah[/url]

------------------------------

United Muslim Masjid

United Muslim Masjid,

Philadelphia, PA 19146, USA

Phone: 215-5466555

salam

the US in general is not a welcoming place for any muslim but inshallah all muslims will realise what is in store for them after death and inshall we will all be joined in heaven

about the mesjeds, if there arnt any in your city get all the muslims together and change it

there are alot of muslims in the US :grin: but there arent enough masjeds :D

salam

I have a question. Why whenever someone refers to Muslims in the US it's always "Arab Americans" what about the Asians? Why in articles it's always 'Arab Americans and other Muslims'?

I have a question. Why whenever someone refers to Muslims in the US it's always "Arab Americans" what about the Asians? Why in articles it's always 'Arab Americans and other Muslims'?

I think it's because the US media portrays Islam to be the religion of Arabs. I can't remember seeing, on any American TV station, muslims from anywhere other than the middle east.

Well, strike that, last night on 60 minutes there was a special about 2 muslims in the army at Guantanamo who were held on charges of espionage...both were found TOTALLY INNOCENT. Anyway, I think one was Phillippino.

Anyhow, for the most part, as a broad generalization, the US media portrays Muslims as Arabs. I think it has to do with "the people" who control the US media.

I also think that if Americans knew and understood the truth about Islam, they would accept it. Maybe not as their own religion, but they would not have fear of Islam in their hearts...which I also believe is what people in the media want. I mean, how many people on American TV are Muslim?

If Pro-Muslim views, not just Muslim-Tolerant views, were expressed on American TV the people in this country would see the REAL FREEDOM and PEACE Islam brings to the hearts of its adherents. This is something that disbelievers in control of the networks must not want to be held accountable for...that is, showing Americans the beauty of Islam and the possible forsaking of their own faiths...

AS

Assalamualaikum everyone!

Living in America is comfortable, no light going out :D , but its kinda sorta hard to practice Islam. Like wearing a hijab, your like the only one, unless you go to an innercity school. My old school was WAY more diverse than my new one, but im adjusting. Overall, I'd say being a muslim in america aint too bad. Iv heard its easier than in some "muslim" countries. kinda sad :D

...its kinda sorta hard to practice Islam. Like wearing a hijab...

I know sis :D I didn't always consider myself Muslim and now that I do I wish I would see more sisters wearing hijab and less dressed however paris hilton does this week :P

AS

Asalamu Alaykum

Hmm…I guess I am lucky :D , I wear hijab freely and don’t fear what others will think. However, you hardly ever see any brothers with beard here :D …