Islamic Forum
abdul.aziz

Some Questions Posed By A Christian Friend To Me

I went on a field trip to Malta last week. During that week I shared a room with a British Christian. We spoke about religion, and he posed two questions that I couldn’t answer for him:

1) If Muslims believe every nation had a prophet for a specific time, then which prophet did the people of Jesus’ area follow after Jesus left this world? And how did they know about the message that had to be followed? After all, muslims reject the new testament dont they?

2) And Christians believe Jesus did die on the cross, whereas we believe he was raised alive, and Allah just made it appear that Jesus died when really he hadn’t died. Why would God mislead people by letting them think that Jesus died?

PropellerAds

assalaam alaikum

If Muslims believe every nation had a prophet for a specific time, then which prophet did the people of Jesus’ area follow after Jesus left this world? And how did they know about the message that had to be followed? After all, muslims reject the new testament dont they?

Evidence from Hadeeth of al-Aswad ibn Saree: Muhammad (saw) said:

"There are four (who will protest) to Allaah on the Day of Resurrection: the deaf man who never heard anything, the insane man, the very old man, and the man who died during the fatrah (the interval between the time of Prophet Eesaa (saw) and the time of Muhammad (saw)).

The deaf man will say, "O Lord, Islam came but I never heard anything." The insane man will say, "O Lord, Islam came but the children ran after me and threw stones at me." The very old man will say, "O Lord, Islam came but I did not understand anything." The man who died during the fatrah will say, "O Lord, no Messenger from You came to me." He will accept their promises of obedience, then word will be sent to them to enter the Fire. By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, if they enter it, it will be cool and safe for them."

salam,

The second question is pretty good.

Ask your friend why did God send Jesus after Moses, Solaman, etc...? The answer is because the people were mislead. You see, God does not mislead people, people are mislead by themselves and with the help of satan. During prophet Jesus's (pbuh) time, there were some followers, as well as nonfollowers. The nonbelievers (the mislead people) wanted to kill Jesus, while Allah (SWT) took him up to heaven and made them think that Jesus died. Because the bible is full of contradictions, the quran states that Jesus never died and Allah made the misbelievers think that he has. The believers were kept along the path of righteousness with the help of Islam.

I hope that answers your question. If not, reply back with a question and Ill try to fit in an answer pretty soon.

Ill ask an Imam the same question, and once he replies back Ill let you know.

salam.

1) If Muslims believe every nation had a prophet for a specific time, then which prophet did the people of Jesus’ area follow after Jesus left this world? And how did they know about the message that had to be followed? After all, muslims reject the new testament dont they?

Asalaamu alaikum,

The answer is that the people were to follow what Esa (AS) brought. Esa (AS) left the Injeel for the people, he came with a book. When it is said the a Prophet is sent for every time and nation, it is expected that the people follow their Prohphet until the advent of another.

So Esa (AS) was to be followed until the time of Prophet Muhammad (SAW). Muhammah (SAW) is now dead and yet there are still practising muslims. Why? Because Muhammad(SAW) came with a book, that was an exception to the rule: A Prophet for every people and time. If you remeber the story of Abu Bak ®, when he was reading the Torah and Muahammad (SAW) told him that if Musa was alive that day, Musa would have to follow Muhammad (SAW).

Ma Salaamah,

Sayyid

Asalaamu alaikum,

The answer is that the people were to follow what Esa (AS) brought. Esa (AS) left the Injeel for the people, he came with a book. When it is said the a Prophet is sent for every time and nation, it is expected that the people follow their Prohphet until the advent of another.

So Esa (AS) was to be followed until the time of Prophet Muhammad (SAW). Muhammah (SAW) is now dead and yet there are still practising muslims. Why? Because Muhammad(SAW) came with a book, that was an exception to the rule: A Prophet for every people and time. If you remeber the story of Abu Bak ®, when he was reading the Torah and Muahammad (SAW) told him that if Musa was alive that day, Musa would have to follow Muhammad (SAW).

Ma Salaamah,

Sayyid

Why arent there any people to give guidance today. No doubt someone will say we have the Qu'ran, but if you can only know the Qu'ran is true from blind faith, why should someone be punished for not blindly following, or why should they be punished for following someting else if it seems more correct? If somthing else seems more correct, how it is their fault for following logic and trying to please God?

Why doesnt God provide someone to guide people nowadays? How are people meant ot know the Qu'ran is right? Why is it my fault if something logically seems better to me and I follow it to try and please God?

Why doesnt God provide someone to guide people nowadays? How are people meant ot know the Qu'ran is right? Why is it my fault if something logically seems better to me and I follow it to try and please God?

:D Bro, Islam is not just blind faith. If you really read the Qur'an and see the things that are explained in it, it is impossible that any of the arabs at that time knew it's information. There are many verses that explain how the universe was created, why the mountains are there, and what will happen on the day of judgement. But, even though the proofs are right there in front of us, to some people, they will not believe no matter what. And this is another proof that the Qur'an is in fact the words of Allah :swt:, because Allah :swt: seals up their hearts so they do not understand. The Qur'an says that even if we showed them every single sign, they would still not believe. Besides this, there are also many other reasons why Islam is the true religion:

1) The signs of the day of judgement, which are obviously prophetic in today's world

2) The Phenomenal Growth of Islam

3) The miracles performed by the Prophet Muhammad :saws: which were witnessed by thousands of his companions

4) The miracle of the Qur'an itself, which has been perserved since it's recicitation (sp?)

If you really read the Qur'an and see the things that are explained in it, it is impossible that any of the arabs at that time knew it's information.

From what I've seen the information can be interpretted in different ways etc. Also, how is a person meant to be sure that Evil didn't reveal that information? [No offense meant]

But, even though the proofs are right there in front of us, to some people, they will not believe no matter what. And this is another proof that the Qur'an is in fact the words of Allah :swt:, because Allah :swt: seals up their hearts so they do not understand. The Qur'an says that even if we showed them every single sign, they would still not believe. Besides this, there are also many other reasons why Islam is the true religion:

Is it fair some people deliberately have their hearts sealed?

1) The signs of the day of judgement, which are obviously prophetic in today's world

From what I've seen they are very similar to other semitic religions

2) The Phenomenal Growth of Islam

Christianity was the fastest growing religion not long ago. That doesn't mean it was right though

3) The miracles performed by the Prophet Muhammad :saws: which were witnessed by thousands of his companions

But there are verses in the Bible which say "There will arise many false prophets who will perform many great signs and wonders to decieve, if possible, even the elect". Hows a person meant to know which to believe? What if another man came and preached that Islam had lost its way etc and the interpretations of text or whatever?

4) The miracle of the Qur'an itself, which has been perserved since it's recicitation (sp?)

Personally I don't see how the "preservation" is miraculous

Thank you WMV for your important remarks,

From what I've seen the information can be interpretted in different ways etc.

But the main creeds of Islam are well agreed upon. They cannot "be interpreted in different ways".

Also, how is a person meant to be sure that Evil didn't reveal that information?

In reply to a similar allegation put forward by the pagans of Makkah, that the Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him) received the revelations from Satan, the following verses were revealed:

Surah Waqiah, chapter 56 verses 77-80

"That this is indeed

A Qur’an most honourable,

In a Book well-guarded,

Which none shall touch

But those who are clean:

A Revelation from the Lord of the Worlds."

Kitabim Maknoon means a book well guarded or a protected book, referring to Lauh-e-Mahfooz in the heaven, which none shall touch except the Mutahhareen. i.e. those who do not have any uncleanliness or impurity or evil like sin. This refers to the angels. The satan is absolutely prohibited.

Thus since it is impossible for satan to come anywhere close to it or touch it, the question of him writing the verses of the Glorious Qur’an does not arise.

Many people have a wrong concept of satan. They think that satan can probably do everything, except a couple of things that God can do. According to them, satan is slightly below God in power. Since the people do not want to accept that the Qur’an is a miraculous revelation, they say that it is satan’s handiwork.

If satan would have written the Qur’an, he would not have mentioned in the same Qur’an in Surah Nahl, chapter 16 verse no. 98

"When thou does read the Qur’an, seek Allah’s protection from Satan the Rejected One."

Is this how you feel satan would write a book? Does he tell you; "Before you read my book ask God to save you from me?"

Satan is intelligent, no wonder that he can put this idea into the minds of people that he himself wrote the Qur’an. Compared to Almighty God, Satan is insignificant, and Allah almighty is far more intelligent. He knows satan’s evil intentions and hence no wonder that He has given the reader of the Qur’an several proofs to show that Qur’an is God’s word, and not satan’s word.

From what I've seen they are very similar to other semitic religions

Can you give examples of this similitude?

Christianity was the fastest growing religion not long ago. That doesn't mean it was right though

The media nowadays is not similar to what was the case years ago. Today, information is so available, about Christianity as well as about Islam. All Praise be to Allah, the majority choose the truth, Islam.

But there are verses in the Bible which say "There will arise many false prophets who will perform many great signs and wonders to decieve, if possible, even the elect". Hows a person meant to know which to believe?

The authenticity, the infaillibility, the greatness, the integrity of the Holy Qur'an together with the fact that Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) was unlettered, prove the he is a Prophet of God.

What if another man came and preached that Islam had lost its way etc and the interpretations of text or whatever?

Don't worry about it. Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) is the last and final Messenger of God. He is the seal of the Prophets.

Personally I don't see how the "preservation" is miraculous

A religious book is always the target of alteration attempts by some people who reject the Message of certain Prophets. Look at the Bible for example, can you give me its content exactly as it was revealed by God?

However, the Glorious Qur'an we have today is exactly the one revealed 1400 years ago, and as long as you are logical, you will not find a single mistake or contradiction in it.

Peace be upon those who follow the guidance.

Assalamu alaykum

I agree with the reply of Islam forever

If anyone recite Quran and try to understand from the heart to know about what Allah(SWT) prescrubed for us definetely he/she will get all the answer. and off course Hadith is also another guidance for the true path...................two guidances Quran and Hadith

May Allah bless us and guide us to the straight path...ameen